Are Fantasy Mods infringing rights?

Posted by sennadowg316 
Are Fantasy Mods infringing rights?
Date: April 05, 2012 10:26AM
Posted by: sennadowg316
Hello again! Sorry that I'm making a lot of topics but I'm still reletively new to GP4 and I have a huge question.

After figuring out I could change helmets around and create dream teams or so, I've decided that I wanted to use the 1995 mod as the mod. But, I have seen a lot of arguments on this forum and other forums about people changing mods without permission. And I was worried that if I made my fantasy mod that, weather I showed people of not, that it would be infringing. I was thinking about making some YouTube videos out of it, but again, I see people arguing about converting and I don't want to get into serious problems with people on this forum.

I have some ideas on what I want to change but I just want to make sure that I can do this.

Thanks.
Re: Are Fantasy Mods infringing rights?
Date: April 05, 2012 10:33AM
Posted by: andreigp4
Post the credits in the YouTube video description. Should be alright!

____
Date: April 05, 2012 10:41AM
Posted by: truecrysis
If your just using it for personal use and YouTube videos you can change whatever you like, the problem some people have with permission is when you change things around and then put the new mod up for download. If you are going to offer your mod for download, might be best to ask for permission, if it's going to stay on your hard-drive it's not a problem at all :)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: April 05, 2012 10:59AM
Thank you! I'll show some photo's when it's done :D I will definetly give credits to the people who made it
Date: April 05, 2012 11:33AM
Posted by: hasbriale
Yepp... I've been at it for quiet some time.. Nothing wrong with making videos.. Its only when you pass these MODS over to others (via PM or D/L) you get branded a Leecher (unless of course you have permission or give credits like andreigp4 said).
Date: April 05, 2012 11:47AM
hasbriale Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yepp... I've been at it for quiet some time..
> Nothing wrong with making videos.. Its only when
> you pass these MODS over to others (via PM or D/L)
> you get branded a Leecher (unless of course you
> have permission or give credits like andreigp4
> said).

Yeah. I hate people like that. Also, I know you do videos because I'm subscribed to you on YouTube!!! XDDD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy