How to change helmets for drivers

Posted by sennadowg316 
How to change helmets for drivers
Date: April 05, 2012 09:27AM
Posted by: sennadowg316
Hello everyone!

Today I just discovered a way on how to change helmets for drivers on GP4. I'm sure experianced GP4 players already know how to do this, but if your just starting out, it's a bit of fun you can do.

Ok, so let's set a scenario. For the 1991 Formula One mod, you want to have Ayrton Senna in a Ferrari and Alain Prost back in a McLaren. So you get the Ferrari Senna helmet (forgot what site). So, now here's where the trick comes in. After you know that the Senna Ferrari helmet works, copy two files (it should be, for example, Prost's is driver3_1.TEX and driver3_2.TEX) *MAKE SURE IT GOES INTO THE CORRECT HELMET TEXTURE* But for 1991, as far as I know, there are no texture folders. However, GP2 and so on have texture folders with driver helmet folders. They are hi, std and lo. If the helmet texture is high, put it into the hi folder and into the driver's helmet folder who you are changing. But since, as I said, 1991 you can put it in no worries. So, you put the Senna helmet into Prost's helmet folder and past. DO NOT DELETE PROST'S HELMETS! Because you then copy Prost's two helmet files and past them into Senna's helmet folder. Now you can delete the original helmet files that were there. Start the mod up and do some quicklaps or something to make sure they work. If you still see the oringinal helmets if the mod has helmet texture folders, make sure in the mod's configurables that the helmet textures are set to the correct texture that you changed the helmets. So, if they are changed and you can see that Prost's old Ferrari as a Senna helmet and Senna's old McLaren has a Prost helmet, change the names to match the helmet (Because unless you are having a bit of a laugh it's silly to have Senna racing in Prost's helmet!) and WHAM! Now you have Senna in a Ferrari and Prost in a McLaren in the 1991 mod!

I hope this works for you and you can start making driver changes! Have fun!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy