Quickrace Ok but NO Weekend!

Posted by captainvik 
Quickrace Ok but NO Weekend!
Date: March 20, 2003 10:12PM
Posted by: captainvik
Hi,

I have been using the BigcarsWad from AveryGP and I modified with a few things.

Problem is all the time I have just been doing quickraces testing it out etc.

Now today I go to start a Non-Championship Race and once I get to the Track loading screen the bar gets to 99% and then resets to my desktop everytime.

Does anyone know why this is happening ?

I can play quick races at any track fine but no race weekends !

I went back to my original 2001 cars.wad and it worked so I have confirmed it is something wrong or missing in the 2002 big cars.wad that I have only modified with some cockpits and new Toyota (cockpit is still stuffed abit)

Any help surely appreciated as it is driving me crazy trying to fix...

cheers
:)
Re: Quickrace Ok but NO Weekend!
Date: March 21, 2003 03:28AM
Well maybe this is not good news but....

I found the culprit to be CSC4b. It had corrupted the anim.wad file and chopped a few bytes of it.

I know it is beta so it is expected to have some bugs but all should be careful. I had updated my pit and teams to 2002 and it must have been when it unpacks the wad.

All is well now as I had a backup but it took me awhile to figure out as I hadn't thought to check the anim.wad until last. I was convinced it must be the cars.wad.

Perhaps the maker of that fine program (Dumass ???) can look into it.

cheers
:)
Date: March 21, 2003 12:45PM
Posted by: tux
erm, dont read the msgs saying not to export pit crews? and anyway how did u get it exporting the buttons are disabled

Date: March 21, 2003 01:30PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
At this late status of loading bar its a anim.wad problem. So use the original file and test it.

Dont know if you use patch v9.6. If yes gp4 ignores missing or incorrect files in anim.wad. So that cant be the problem.

Or try to start gp4 with gpxpatch modus debug verb. high and show us the log file (or in sdi's forum). Maybe he can help you out.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: March 22, 2003 12:27AM
Well I am sorry if I am wrong I still think CSC4 is a fine program but my anim.wad file was Ok until I used CSC4 and then it got corrupted.

I just replaced it with the 2002 anim.wad I already had and now everything works fine.

So if it wasn' CSC4 that messed the file then I don't know..... main thing is it works ok now.

I note in the CSC4 read file somewhere it mentions that packing/unpacking is not reliable as yet.

anyway it works now.
Date: March 22, 2003 04:55AM
Posted by: tux
the problem was with csc4, just dont export pit crew with it

Date: March 22, 2003 05:21AM
ok thanks d.a. looking forward to your 1st alpha release as it is a most beautiful and amazing program you have created !!!!

damn fine work.... : - )

and will increase longevity of GP4 hugely.

still april release ?
Date: March 22, 2003 09:23AM
Posted by: Timzaghi
What you're talking about is definately an error in your anim.wad, you must never export new pitcrews, I mean, you can do the ones with the race-suits, but the pitcrew with the "normal heads" is not to be modified, so if you do qualify or training, you will get an error at 99% loading, and the game quits.
A request to dumass too: Can you enable a export for the in-game pitcrews?. I mean the ones only with the covered face?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy