White parts on cars problem [fixed]

Posted by mercury89 
White parts on cars problem [fixed]
Date: March 27, 2012 04:37PM
Posted by: mercury89
This problem has probably asked already but I couldn't find this in particular. I downloaded 11 random cars from gp4db.com and put them in via Wadupdater.
Now it all works fine except for the fact that some parts of all the cars are white. The wheelbase (if that's what you call it), the rear and the bottom of the car are white.
Also it only appears if a car is close to the camera or centered.
Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2012 11:15PM by mortal.
Re: White parts on cars problem
Date: March 27, 2012 07:21PM
Posted by: SPOKES
I had this problem just a couple of weeks ago, reinstall from disc and read these:
[www.grandprixgames.org]
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Hope these help!
Date: March 28, 2012 12:31AM
Posted by: davegp4
I had the same problem I think its to do with missing levels of detail (lod) you could force lod 0 in gpx patch if your cpu is a beast!
Date: March 28, 2012 07:04PM
Thanks for the replies guys,

still can't get it to work though. Did everything in the link from SPOKES; deleting it from the registry, installed again and
everything goes well until I must use the decrypted exe. The 1.02 version works, but I still have the white parts on the car
and the 1.00 version says I need the cd, which is in the drive! Is the 1.00 decrypted exe necessary or doesn't it matter??

Also; if I choose my Cars.wad in Teameditor it says it misses some textures like 'brakeglow_fongu.tex' and 'carbon_fongu.tex'
I don't know if that's the problem but I suppose it could be a lead. ;)

Excuse me for not solving the problem just yet, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong :(
Date: March 28, 2012 07:10PM
Posted by: neilcaine
If the underside and rear of any cars are white it means that a carbon.tex file is missing, a lot of cars use a seperate carbon or suspension texture (such as the 2011 cars converted from F12011) so I think that will be where the problem lies. Hope this helps anyway
Date: March 28, 2012 07:36PM
Yes it works! Indeed with those brakeglow and carbon textures!
I downloaded them from a Toyota template and put them in cars.wad and it works smoothly!

Thanks guys, i'm off behind the wheel now ;-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy