Helmet Position Editor needed!!!

Posted by Ghostrider 
Helmet Position Editor needed!!!
Date: March 20, 2003 12:59PM
Posted by: Ghostrider
Jon or Lok2k!
Can one of you make a helmet Position editor, where i can edit the position of the helmet of each team????? I know that each Team has his own Position! PLZ Help!!

Regards Andy
Carshape & Texture Design Project (www.ctdp.de.vu)
Re: Helmet Position Editor needed!!!
Date: March 20, 2003 01:03PM
Posted by: Ellis
Im one step ahead :P

i already requested it and on first look Jon didnt find anything. Something will happen eventually

the olny things holding us back are

One wheel base for all cars (impossible to change i think)
Wheel rim colours cant be changed yet
Arm colours cant be changed yet (i dont think)
and helemt position

I have requested these and Jon and Lo2k were kind enough to look

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 20, 2003 01:13PM
Posted by: tux
using a lot of !!!!! wont speed it up :P

Date: March 20, 2003 02:37PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Helmet positions are definitly stored in *.gp4 files. Ghostmaster knows why i mean this.

I have found out something new. I think T-Cam Position works with helmetposition together. If you use a shape on correct slot helmet and t-cam position is ok. If you use it on a different slot - hmn, have a look to know what i mean. I tested it with each team in gp4. Everytime the same but other coordinates. So i think its stored in gp4 file.

All is correct. I used schroeders toyota as minardi slot like prefered.

helmet is not correct - to deep. I used schroeders toyota as prost slot.

Now look to t-cam position. Same like above. Used toyota as prost slot.

T-Cam is not editable, helmet positions are not editable. Why? ;)

Post Edited (03-20-03 21:41)

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: March 21, 2003 01:10AM
Posted by: Lo2k
lol, sorry Mike, but this has nothing to do with helmet position nor T-cam :)
The matter here is your toyota carshape.
T-Cam as helmet pos seems to be ajusted to original carshapes (but with fixed positions), so the Guy who designed the toyota did it using a given slot, and if the carshape works for this given slot, it won't make it work with others, as you can see in your last screenshot.

So you can't guess anything about T-cam or helmet pos from your shot, sorry :)

Date: March 21, 2003 04:48AM
Posted by: schroeder
mike means when changing a car, designed for one slot into an other slot, the t-cam position and the helmet position are in their predesigned position, like you can see in the shot.
the toyota is designed for prost slot . when you put the toyota into the minardi slot it looks like the second shot.
i think the helmet position must be stored in the exe, because if the helmet pos is stored in the car.gp4 file the helmet shoud move with the new gp.4 file. but this the helmet does not do.
and it seems that the t-cam pos and the helmet pos are always in the same relation to another. but i dont know if this has to say something.

@jon: do you remember the pitcrew-coloring of gp3. this was stored in the exe. maybe you can find something like this in the gp4.exe ?
or just remember the cockpit-colors of gp2.....
Date: March 21, 2003 05:12AM
Yes that i mean.

Hmn, exe or carshape file.

But what is true is, that helmet position has something to do with t-cam position. Also arms and outher steering wheel position. They work together.

I've tested it with each team and different carshapes made by schroeder&Nico or cdtp.

So anybody has to find the positions in exe or gp4 file.

And that are you - programmars ;)

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Date: March 21, 2003 07:24AM
Yeah thats what i mean. Laurent your Tyre position Editor writes something in the cars.wad. Is it possible that there's also the data for the helmet positions???
@ Mike! do you have the old gp4 genius from sven? When you import the vrml file into 3ds max you can see some points in the middle of the car, something to do with the positions?????

Regards Andy
Date: March 21, 2003 01:32PM
Yes i have the version. But haven't a look on it. I'll look...

Date: March 21, 2003 02:51PM
Posted by: Ellis
It is not stored in the carshape, and thise is how to proove it

Use the BAR shape in the Toyota slot, totally swap the files about (editing needed with Hex editor also), and you will see the problem. If it was stored in the gp4 file then it would change with it

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 22, 2003 02:43AM
No need a hex editor, you can use LiveryEditor to do it, it has been designed to do it.

@Ghostrider: of course i looked to other datas when i worked on tyrepos, but none of them was changing anything to helmet pos.
And about Jon's Genius, yes, you can see some points, those are the other datas i just speaked about, and even if they seems to be reference points, moving them don't change helmet pos (at least when racing).

Date: March 22, 2003 03:07AM
So no chance for a helmet position editor?

Regards Andy
Date: March 22, 2003 06:44AM
I didn't say that, i only said that helmet pos are not close to tyre pos, so we still have to find where helmet pos are stored, which can take more or less time...

Post Edited (03-22-03 15:49)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy