Cockpit display is a bit, messy, to say the least.

Posted by RegularJohn 
Recently decided to pick up GP4 again and wanted a go at a full race weekend. Unfortunately, I remembered why I stopped playing it in the first place.

As you can see, not very good at all. And to top it off, if I pause it using P or the space bar or if I press O to bring up the PO, the game crashes.

I have searched high and low on the forum and outside of it, and I haven't found anything even relating to this case. Does anybody know what steps I need to take to sort this out?

Here's the log if it's of any help to anyone: [pastebin.com]

Thanks in advance.
Re: Cockpit display is a bit, messy, to say the least.
Date: March 24, 2012 12:25PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Some file is missing or steering wheel file is corrupted.
For the later, you can try to download any modded steering wheel and check if using it fixes the trouble.
For the primer, You will have to reinstall GP4 from the CD I guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2012 12:26PM by Lo2k.
Re: Cockpit display is a bit, messy, to say the least.
Date: March 24, 2012 01:41PM
Posted by: mortal
The screen res you are trying to use is probably not supported by GP4, try another, and yes, as Laurent said, you are missing text and position files. A re-install should fix that.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Reinstalling it worked perfectly, now I can play from the cockpit view and pause the game no problem. Thanks for help guys.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy