The new f1 season's about to start so... questions arise

Posted by mitadumapaga 
hi guys, i intend to watch f1 on this internet site from the beggining of the new season:

[www.vipbox.tv]

However when you open the link you'll see on the bottom of the page "2012-03-09 SKY SPORTS F1 CHANNEL LAUNCH". It shows that this will take place on the 9 th of march 2012 at 00:00 o clock. But what does 00:00 o'clock actually mean. Does anyone have an idea what is the west european equivalent to this 00:00. I am in Germany so... yeah, any help would be gratelly appreciated.

Cheers
Re: The new f1 season's about to start so... questions arise
Date: February 23, 2012 03:57PM
Posted by: danm
According the the Ancient Mayan Calendar, 00:00 O'Clock refers to the timing of the 'Consequences of Ages and Akin to Godly Collision' in accordance to the Prophecies of 2012. Not to be mixed up with the movie version 2012. Nothing like it! The dawning of Aquarius meets the energy of the new world with time and numbers signifying it all. Nothing climate related as most people believe.

The coming of ages forms a new transition that causes an unexpected halt to regular time, for a small amount. This 'purge' as the Americans call it, is basically a factory reset. Like if you start again.

Where X= 100 and Y = 0.45, timing happens on an exponential basis. Given that the lateral loads ( Y ) in the Northern and Southern hemispheres differenciate between 0.000023 on the -ive slide and 1.00000000000005 on the +ive axis, change is marginal. Therefore Y will never be an integer. Always, as pie has more than 7 decimal places. Cool, huh!?

So, say if you were a Spanish guy wanting to watch F1 at 00:00; thats the Northern Hemisphere so as long as you don't forget the axis changes, and as pie is more than 7, that will be around one minute after 11:59pm. Easy to remember.

Causes aren't truly known, its a bit beyond even the greatest mathematician or physicist; but there is always a simpler explanation - one day when we understand the universe a bit better!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2012 04:00PM by danm.
Date: February 23, 2012 04:01PM
edit: got the number slightly out.

should be 1.000000000000005 (forgot an extra zero! sorry!)

dan, you realize that I didn't and still don't get anything you wrote above, right ?! :)

which either makes me plain stupid, or you just wanted to pull my legs, so yeah, job well done I guess.
Date: February 23, 2012 06:39PM
Posted by: EC83
I sense a touch of leg-pulling... I could be wrong though.

EC83 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I sense a touch of leg-pulling... I could be wrong
> though.

pointing out you sense just a touch of leg pulling, was supposed to be leg -pulling itself, right ?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2012 06:55PM by mitadumapaga.
mitadumapaga Wrote:
> EC83 schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I sense a touch of leg-pulling... I could be
> wrong
> > though.
>
> pointing out you sense just a touch of leg
> pulling, was supposed to be leg -pulling itself,
> right ?!

Danm has a point though.
Date: February 23, 2012 10:56PM
Wait, is this year a leap year?

uhm..... as far as I am concerned.. that was some awesome BS right there.

Simple answer: Sky sports is british.... thus calculate it for britain's timezone and add one hour. Germany is one timezone away from england.. I thinks. I may be sorely mistaken. So if I am mistaken, add by the distance between Germany and England in units of timezones.

There, much more simpler than the above explanation. Doesn't hurt to break out a map too if you're as puzzled as I am. I'm sure there's a website around here listing off the timezones.

Hope it helped
-The Slicer

-------------------------------------------------
Yes, thank you for noticing I am the most amazing being in the galaxy.
Epicness detected. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
By the way, 00:00 equals midnight - from my interpretation of the first post you weren't sure what that time signified.

X (@ed24f1)
no. i wasnt't sure as to wheter this was 00:00 american time, or british time, or german time, or Turkmenistan time etc. Therefore I asked for an advice, if 00:00 actually means midnight IN BRITAIN or some other country, so that I can adjust it to my timezone, which btw I know is only an hour ahead of British time (who doesnt)

thnx anyway though

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2012 02:02PM by mitadumapaga.
You can change all the times on the website itself using the clock on the right hand side, however regardless of timezone the launch time is always 00:00 on the website, so i dont think they have an actual time...

great explanation by dan though ;)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: February 24, 2012 05:54PM
*Sigh*

It's 00:00 GMT. That means it goes on the air at 1AM on March 9 in Germany...

in retrospect I guess the way i put it was somehow stupid, indeed.

good one, dan ! ;p
EC83 Wrote:
> *Sigh*
>
> It's 00:00 GMT. That means it goes on the air at
> 1AM on March 9 in Germany...

Whoa, no need to be so openly sarcastic with your answer ;)

Date: February 27, 2012 08:39AM
Yeah, I was particularly vicious with that one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy