2012 Testing - Barcelona Day 2 (Live Timer)

Posted by danm 
Re: Jerez Testing - Day 1 (Live Timer)
Date: February 08, 2012 04:29PM
Posted by: chet
It is actually insulting to the eyes.

Italians tend to do things a certain way, if it looks good who cares if it breaks down 100yards up the road. Italian society generally follows that same principle...I would say the country is abit different from mainland Europe, Germany, France. But one thing they've always been able to rely on (whilst failing!) is looking damn good! They look good, best looking people in the world. Best looking car's, best looking cities etc.. But then last few years the Ferrari road cars have gone abit down hill, and now Stefano somehow let this thing roll out the factory.

I still hope this is all just a big joke and by the time we get to Melbourne Ferrari will turn up with a F 190 slightly modified for 2012 regs :p!

As for testing... not alot to say really! Good chunk of laps already for Heikki. So far we've no major off's, no major failures. just standard testing shite. Early indications that the RBR is as quick as ever, quick through the faster sections apparently and looking well slotted. But we knew that would be the case.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 08, 2012 04:39PM
Posted by: marcl
There is actually quiet a lot on the ferrari that they might be forced to change or be declared illegal!

The car is a bloody mess people have been saying its been flexing all over the place and they are trying to get round the blown diffuser ban by using runnels to direct the air.
Date: February 08, 2012 04:55PM
Posted by: Isaint
I love that Ferrari, its perfect from every angle ...... it's beautiful. What the hell are you all ranting on about?
....... wait a sec, ............. sorry wrong Glasses.

@#$%&!! What a FREEKIN Mess!!

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: February 08, 2012 04:58PM
Posted by: alonso0506
from what i read is that tombazis and the fia guys were talking about all this stuff and actually Tombazis said they had a correspondence with FIA and everything seems like it's done by the rules.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And thats the bottom line cause Alonso0506 said so"
Date: February 08, 2012 05:07PM
Posted by: Isaint
If that mess is all done by the rules, I think this is the one time that everyone would agree that maybe Ferrari would be best off bending the rules.;)

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: February 08, 2012 06:23PM
Posted by: chet
Caterham, almost 140 laps and run with KERS today :)!

You want a serious F1 outfit, theres one right there! Mikey G has certainly built some awesome technical foundations with this team, the move to Leafield should help matters too. Really excited for the future of the team because it looks like they have one!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 08, 2012 07:03PM
The lotus brake system was all passed by the fia as well, then it was not.
Date: February 10, 2012 01:09PM
Posted by: elemental
Senna's apparent race simulation day 4:

Stint 1 23 laps:
Average time ~1:25.4
Best time 1:24.963

Stint 2 25 laps:
Average time ~1.23.5
Best time 1:22.394

Stint 3 13 laps:
Average time ~1.21.5
Best time 1:20.132
Date: February 12, 2012 11:48AM
Posted by: J i m
Difficult to read too much into Williams' form at the moment. They haven't exactly gone for a hot lap yet and claimed that they weren't going to chase headline times at all at Jerez. Stint 3 in that simulation would have been low fuel though ;) since it would be towards the end of the race and it is suspected that they let the car run dry which teams often do in testing for fuel consumption analysis purposes. On the face of that assumption Senna's quickest lap was on low fuel and the slowest of the cars with exception of the Caterham although obviously we don't know if the stint 3 tyres were brand new or part worn nor which compound they were. As ever in testing more questions than answers and the few answers often produce many more questions.

They are also mixed reports from trackside observers. F1 Kate amongst others said that the car (at least in the hands of Maldonaldo) looked twitchy and "skippy" didn't hold it's line well in corners whilst the Red Bull and McLaren looked very good. Not an comprehensive evaluation as you'd expect the Red Bull and Mclaren to look planted anyway and any of their drivers would look significantly better than Maldonaldo if we're brutally honest.

Meanwhile Peter Windsor (a looooooongtime F1 journo, manager etc) said that in the fast corners the Williams looked impressive. Despite his impressive CV it's worth noting that Peter Windsor can also be a bit of a tool so I wouldn't set too much store by his impression just yet.

Craig Scarborough seemed fairly impressed with the FW34 design concepts though, yet it's worth noting that it displays essentially (from the outside at least) the same concepts as the FW33 which so impressed technical people last year and yet which spectacularly failed to deliver.

I really want the FW34 to be a good car, consistent points scorer with the off chance of a podium but I have to admit my expectations are rock bottom. Maybe I'll be pleasantly shocked but I doubt it.

Date: February 13, 2012 09:45AM
Posted by: Guimengo
The FW34 can at least be used to iron clothes on that nose.
Date: February 13, 2012 04:33PM
Posted by: danm

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: February 13, 2012 05:39PM
Damn!

I want to go back to Jerez someday. Maybe I'll go for a winter test there next year.

Date: February 13, 2012 10:56PM
Posted by: Guimengo
The Toro Rosso was looking strong there
Date: February 15, 2012 11:19AM
They looked really strong during testing last year as well, will be interesting to see how they go.
Date: February 22, 2012 11:06AM
oof!

Re: 2012 Testing - Barcelona Day 2 (Live Timer)
Date: February 23, 2012 02:46PM
lol, for some weird reason, F1 fans during the lunch break have managed to get #Bottas the number 1 trending topic on twitter. LOL.

Date: February 23, 2012 04:09PM
I think it was done as a prank.

Date: February 23, 2012 04:41PM
Posted by: alonso0506
lotus should get a private test day at nxt weeks test in barca.

also ferrari does have 2 filming days this weekend so they stay at track.

whole field looks pretty close so far in testing should be a pleasure to watch qualifying in melbourne and ofcourse all other session and races lol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And thats the bottom line cause Alonso0506 said so"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy