2012 Testing - Barcelona Day 2 (Live Timer)

Posted by danm 
2012 Testing - Barcelona Day 2 (Live Timer)
Date: February 07, 2012 11:37AM
Posted by: danm
Kimi is well on it! :D

[f1tests.co.cc]

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2012 11:06AM by danm.
Re: Jerez Testing - Day 1 (Live Timer)
Date: February 07, 2012 12:10PM
Posted by: truecrysis
Cheers for the site dan! :)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: February 07, 2012 02:48PM
You have to hand it to Kimi, regardless of PR stunts and whatnot, it seems he hasn't lost any of his consistency looking at the string of repetitive 1:22's.

I am really hoping the Lotus and Mercedes have narrowed the gap to the top 3 teams, even just to slot in between the odd McLaren or Ferrari in Qualifying. It could have fantastic race dynamics!

Date: February 07, 2012 03:14PM
Posted by: J i m
Quite a tidy link that.

From what I can abstain from the coverage, Kimi looks comfortable and Toleman (sorry, LotusF1) are delighted with the PR aspect of "OMFG! Kimi fastest on comeback!!!" so they are.

Di Resta and Finida look like they might mean business as well.

But ultimately so far there's been few obvious attempts at a quick lap time or even runs to pick out any patterns. It seems to be mainly shakedown and calibration work going on out there which is as you'd expect this early on.

The time-sheets are just as insanely meaningless as they always are at testing, though I admit I can't help but keep some track of them.

Date: February 07, 2012 03:23PM
Posted by: marcl
Kimi only tested an F1 car the other week, the others this is their 1st day in a fast car since the last GP so I would expect Kimi to settle in straight away tbh.

And yes I know hes had 2 years away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2012 03:41PM by marcl.
Date: February 07, 2012 04:08PM
Posted by: Isaint
As mentioned previously, these test times are meaningless. There are all different agendas on the track right now. I doubt that any one other than kimi ( because he's been away and may have something to prove.) is banging in any 'do or die' laps. Shumie did similar on his return and as you have seen it does not add up to a whole lot come quali and race day. So, yeah good P.R. for Lotus but not worth more than a bag of nails in reality.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: February 07, 2012 05:12PM
Posted by: IWE
danm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kimi is well on it! :D
>
> [f1tests.co.cc]

Reminds me of Jean Alesi (Prost GP) @Estoril in year 2001. Most likely race pace is going to as far behind leaders too. ;-)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: February 07, 2012 05:20PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Yes, and none other than Barrichello set the fastest time in Jerez testing last year!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 07, 2012 07:16PM
Posted by: chet
Given that the cars are more than likely slower than last year's this is encouraging for Kimi. I guess his consistency was never in question. What LRGP need to know is whether or not he has qualifying speed nad if not how long will it take to get that edge back... That's logical so I assume lower fuel runs were the order of the day.

Big laps for Di Resta :)!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 07, 2012 07:28PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
The speed of the cars may level out to last years despite the differing diffuser/exhaust layout. Remember the tyres are softer this season than last and Renault have stated with the engine maps back to 'normal' there should be around a 20 to 30 hp increase and faster straight line speeds.

Date: February 07, 2012 08:09PM
Posted by: IWE
Average lap times from minimum 10 lap long stints:

Button 1.22,9 (15 laps)
di Resta 1.25,0 (15 laps) 1.24,9 (15 laps)
Kobayashi 1.26,4 (12 laps) 1.27,2 (12 laps) 1.26,6 (13 laps)
Räikkönen 1.26,4 (10 laps)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: February 07, 2012 08:36PM
97kirkc Wrote:
> The speed of the cars may level out to last years
> despite the differing diffuser/exhaust layout.
> Remember the tyres are softer this season than
> last and Renault have stated with the engine maps
> back to 'normal' there should be around a 20 to 30
> hp increase and faster straight line speeds.

Oh really ? That's good news, about the hp increase :D. I wonder if Merc lost more by having aggressive maps ? Also, softer tyres but so far apparently the rears are holding up alot better.

Those average times will be difficult to compare, Pirelli bought a number of compounds I think.

Date: February 07, 2012 09:00PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Nice to see Kimi back up there on his return. I dont buy in to him being fast just because he drove the other week. Other drivers did more than enough laps today to get them back up to their limit :)

Date: February 07, 2012 09:06PM
[www.formula1.com]

I really hope Williams improve. Once again their car is full of little innovations. The team has never lost that championship winning spirit, thinking or hope... just the money. To see Gillette in the same place, TWICE is rather worrying.

If I ever won the lottery I would certainly invest... with the condition that Frank gives me a job.. with the occasional joy ride too :p!

Date: February 07, 2012 10:28PM
Posted by: J i m
I'm not sure the FW34 is particulary innovative to be honest. And whilst Williams have a strong engineering past even their best cars weren't technically innovative.

For example the FW14 line which used Semi-automatic transmission and active ride height suspension so effectively wasn't the first cars to have it. The active ride was introduced by Lotus in the mid 80's and Senna gave it it's first victory at Monaco. The semi auto was introduced by Ferrari in 89 and Mansell won with first time out.

Williams typically were a team that were always good at engineering detail but not often first to try something. They developed a six wheeler (first done by Tyrrell) which was banned because it looked too good in testing, ground effects was Lotus, the Williams picked up on the idea and packaged it better... And so on.

Date: February 08, 2012 12:48AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
I'm not saying that it's happening again, but everyone had the exact same comments about the car speed not being real after the initial tests for the Brown GP car, and we all know how that turned out. I think it's too premature to either say they are winning it all this year, or write them off completely. Just chill guys ;)
Date: February 08, 2012 01:23AM
Posted by: Slash
IWE Wrote:
> Average lap times from minimum 10 lap long
> stints:
>
> Button 1.22,9 (15 laps)
> di Resta 1.25,0 (15 laps) 1.24,9 (15 laps)
> Kobayashi 1.26,4 (12 laps) 1.27,2 (12 laps) 1.26,6
> (13 laps)
> Räikkönen 1.26,4 (10 laps)

hmmmm .... interesting...
Date: February 08, 2012 02:19PM
video: [www.dailymotion.com]

[www.dailymotion.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2012 02:19PM by danm.
Date: February 08, 2012 03:56PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
SCHU-MA-CHEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR !!!! Get in there !
Date: February 08, 2012 03:58PM
You're gonna hate it more now! LOL!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2012 04:00PM by danm.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy