Kubica - Ferrari Bound for 2013?

Posted by danm 
Re: Kubica - Ferrari Bound for 2013?
Date: January 12, 2012 02:33AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I don't think this injury will change whether he was ever going to return or not, but it will be quite a big psychological blow for him.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 12, 2012 06:31AM
Posted by: EC83
Repeat fractures are always nasty, and he wasn't looking like returning anytime soon in the first place.

Date: January 12, 2012 07:05AM
Posted by: Frantic
his career was practically over and now with this his comeback looks even more difficult. just for the record, no drivers that had a nasty accident like the one Kubica suffered could have a comeback even trying. I think robert will know his career is over when he tests a F1 car again, just like Moss or Pironi after they respective accidents.

Date: January 12, 2012 09:06AM
Posted by: marcl
The thing that concerns me is how easy his leg broke again, if that had been a crash in an F1 car it would be nasty.
Date: January 12, 2012 10:30AM
Posted by: danm
putting a pin in by the ankle just from falling on ice? sheesh, that sounds more like either a drastically exaggerated media chinese whisper hyping up the damage; or he is genuinely not in good shape. must be bad to require immediate pinning.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: January 12, 2012 10:12PM
Posted by: Slash
Feel sorry for Robert.. This was deffinitely not what he needed, the small hope one had to see him in a grand prix car again have practically vanished
Date: January 12, 2012 11:08PM
Posted by: chet
Will he go down as a great who never had that chance to be great ?

Hopefully not, hopefully he go down as the great who came back and proved he was! Still, looking at Alonso's recent words.. As a friend of Robert like he is, I see them more as motivational, not that he needs it!! I dont see alot of truth in his words, and don't believe Alonso does. Firstly, when a rookie matches you in his first season, and secondly a near enough rookie makes driving an F1 car look as easy as a relaxed sunday drive whilst taking two world championships... I find it hard to believe you fear the driver who has a single race win.

So yeah. His words seemed hopeful for Robert to hear im sure, whilst also putting over of that pesky german kid and louis.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 12, 2012 11:41PM
Posted by: danm
Walsh?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: January 13, 2012 09:31AM
I've not heard/read what Fernando has been saying myself, but it's no secret that he's a friend and fan of Robert. That goes back at least as far as the second half of 2008, when he made it clear he wanted Kubica to win the title rather than Hamilton.

Date: January 13, 2012 02:36PM
Posted by: chet
How awesome would have that been though :p! It's such a joke what BMW did. It came back, bite them harder than they knew at least! People said the downfall of Williams was not letting BMW take more control. I disagree.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 13, 2012 03:29PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
EC83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've not heard/read what Fernando has been saying
> myself, but it's no secret that he's a friend and
> fan of Robert. That goes back at least as far as
> the second half of 2008, when he made it clear he
> wanted Kubica to win the title rather than
> Hamilton.

I think he wanted anyone but McLaren to win, really. He also stated his support for Massa IIRC. But it's certainly true that him and Kubica are good friends, you can tell from Alonso's message that he left for him last year after his injury when they had the compilation on F1.com

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 14, 2012 09:21AM
Yep, true - and anyone but Lewis :P Not sure he feels that differently now, although things between them have warmed up a bit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2012 09:21AM by EC83.
Date: January 14, 2012 03:07PM
Posted by: kubica2
for those saying this is the end of kubicas career, please understand english newsagencies arent reporting correctly, heres some rough google translation from Polish Onet website:

[translate.google.com]

[translate.google.com]

[translate.google.com]

there you go, broken tibia, had a 2 hour surgery, will be out of hospital on tuesday, and will have about 1 month rehabilitation for this break, much smaller stabiliser in leg then previous break.

so not that bad when you consider the leg will be healed before the arm, which is still progressing, and still expected to make a full recovery, also the injury was not a direct result of the fall, but decalcification? or something to do with the injury of the bone from last years accident. just another hurdle to cross, but he is still miles better then about 10 months ago.

geez, there was some weird things out in the news on this one, things like "kuciba trying to recover too fast by doing skiing and falling and twisting his ankle" or... "1.5 years recovery time for the new break" fact is he slipped in his garden.

those above reports also say kubica has recently been riding bikes, which shows good progress has been made.

when he makes a recovery, he is bound to be wanted by f1 teams, after all, he was one of the best if not the best driver just recently in 2010.

Unfortunantly Kubicas stand is he wont speak till media until he is fully recovered, which will make people more and more predicting he will never return in the coming months.

The only thing i feel that might unfortunantly happen, is there wont be seats in a top team car, he may have to settle for a drive at williams, or something, but im sure a top 4 team would sign him, even if for testing only, we have still yet to hear the full story about the Renault break up.
Date: January 14, 2012 04:36PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
I don't mean to anger you with this following question, but is this a reputable source. If Polish media is anything like Spanish media...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: January 14, 2012 07:02PM
Posted by: J i m
It's pointless recruiting for testing because it's soo restricted, it'd only ever straight line areo testing or simulator work and there's the danger he'd end up as a long term "3rd" driver.

Date: January 15, 2012 06:40AM
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't mean to anger you with this following
> question, but is this a reputable source. If
> Polish media is anything like Spanish media...

yes as one of the polish journalists has direct contact with kubicas manager. plys the quoted italian newspaper actually went to the hospital that kubica is in, none of the english journos did.
Date: January 16, 2012 06:24AM
broken leg wont extend rehabilitation period, says Kubia representitive

[translate.google.com]

and some more

[translate.google.com]
Date: January 16, 2012 06:07PM
all this information already on polish websites, now confirmed on AUTOSPORT:
[www.autosport.com]
Date: January 16, 2012 08:17PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Fair play, but as this shows:

Autosport
Despite the injury setback, it is believed that the leg fracture will not have an impact on Kubica's final recovery time - because that is still limited by the nerve regrowth of his right arm and hand which will still take several months.

The recovery time has essentially ruled him out of this season, and I'd imagine he'd need the gap between 2012-2013 to prove he's still capable if a) he's recovered and b) if we believe the doomsayers and the world will end...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: January 16, 2012 08:50PM
Posted by: J i m
It's not simply his fitness, it's the time he's out of an F1 car, even world champions have struggled after sabbaticals and f1 technology develops today as quick if not quicker than it ever has. The longer he is out then harder it is going to be for him to come back and that's if the opportunity even exists for him to come back.

It seems his contract at LRGP is over and Ferrari are being decidedly non-committal about him. So him being physically fit is only a small part of the equation.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy