Verstappen: Schumi cheated first title?!?!?!?

Posted by elpasho2005f1 
Re: Verstappen: Schumi cheated first title?!?!?!?
Date: December 09, 2011 07:28PM
Posted by: davidm
Here we go - another conventional unaided getaway.

Date: December 09, 2011 08:51PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
Morbid, you realize that schumacher beat senna fair and square ni brazil, right. Launch control helps during the start, but senna remaind first after the first corner. afterwards it was driving on the race track and no more LC. so, i cant see a problem with that.
Still, even if you want to see it in a way that benetton cheated (which i am fully able to believe with flavio, and walkinshaw and schumcher and symonds etc. all in the team) please consider the following fact.

In 1989 prost said that after doing the testing at paul ricard in mid season, he requested certain settings of the engine for the next gp. Despite that HONDA provided him with this engine not on the following gp (as requested) but 2 rounds later, whilst senna had everything to his liking. About 2-3 years ago i read that HONDA admitted that they favoured Senna more than prost and were treating them unequal.

Now, i dont say prost ist great, senna is a looser and schumachers 194 history is pure like a teardrop. My point is that in those times in the sport everyone was trying everytime for a way to cheat or screw their biggest contender. It favoured alonso in 2008, schumacher in 1994, senna in 1989, you might say Vettel in 2010 as well, still the last one is pretty much a subjective guess.

What verstappen did was pointless and it ruined his reputation. Another funny interview was the one of johnny herbert, saing in 1995 that schumacher was fearing him as a team mate and therefore johnniy was given an unequal treatment. Now when verstappen or herbert, the one with no wins at all, the other one, beaten by all of his teammates post'95 and with 3 extreme lucky wins (especially monza 1995 WTF Happened to bergers car in that race ?!?! ), compare themselves to schumacher it is just hillarious.... and sad as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2011 08:51PM by mitadumapaga.
Date: December 09, 2011 09:32PM
Posted by: Slash
Schumi still does great race starts, and supposedly nobody is allowed to have it, is he using some other undetected aid for that too?
Date: December 09, 2011 09:45PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Well Johnny Herbert wasn't allowed to look at Schumacher's telemetry. So, he wasn't really ever able to match Schumacher.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: December 09, 2011 11:18PM
Posted by: Morbid
Wow all the fanboys come rolling out, lols. I love it, when people can't contradict well documented facts, then the next strategy is to drag all teams and drivers down in the mud with Benetton/MS. And when that fails, we can just dream @#$%& up. No reason to document claims. Guesses and wild speculation is all that we need. Why try to prove anything? I am über awezomez and I am right when I saz so!

mitadumapaga Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Morbid, you realize that schumacher beat senna
> fair and square ni brazil, right. Launch control
> helps during the start, but senna remaind first
> after the first corner. afterwards it was driving
> on the race track and no more LC. so, i cant see
> a problem with that.

LC is not a guarantee for success. If it is not calibrated properly, then you will be slower than without it. Also, I am talking about the car the FIA inspected. That was after San Marino. I am also talking about the car that was at the French GP. In both cases Senna was already dead. I have no proof of what happened prior.

> Still, even if you want to see it in a way that
> benetton cheated (which i am fully able to believe
> with flavio, and walkinshaw and schumcher and
> symonds etc. all in the team) please consider the
> following fact.
>
> In 1989 prost said that after doing the testing at
> paul ricard in mid season, he requested certain
> settings of the engine for the next gp. Despite
> that HONDA provided him with this engine not on
> the following gp (as requested) but 2 rounds
> later, whilst senna had everything to his liking.
> About 2-3 years ago i read that HONDA admitted
> that they favoured Senna more than prost and were
> treating them unequal.
>
> Now, i dont say prost ist great, senna is a looser
> and schumachers 194 history is pure like a
> teardrop. My point is that in those times in the
> sport everyone was trying everytime for a way to
> cheat or screw their biggest contender. It
> favoured alonso in 2008, schumacher in 1994, senna
> in 1989, you might say Vettel in 2010 as well,
> still the last one is pretty much a subjective
> guess.

Favourable treatment wouldn't make Schumacher 3 seconds faster.

> What verstappen did was pointless and it ruined
> his reputation.

Says who? I think it is admirable to come clean. Also, if he destroyed his reputation, I think he did it when he beat his wife, and went through trial under public scrutiny and press coverage.

> Another funny interview was the
> one of johnny herbert, saing in 1995 that
> schumacher was fearing him as a team mate and
> therefore johnniy was given an unequal treatment.
> Now when verstappen or herbert, the one with no
> wins at all, the other one, beaten by all of his
> teammates post'95 and with 3 extreme lucky wins
> (especially monza 1995 WTF Happened to bergers car
> in that race ?!?! ), compare themselves to
> schumacher it is just hillarious.... and sad as
> well.

Look at it this way. In 1991 Benetton appointed Tom Walkinshaw as Engineering Director. The first thing he set his eyes on was to create a new engineering facility and attract talents to staff it. One of those talents was Tad Czapski. He was hired in 1992. His main challenge was to get the Benetton electronics to work with active suspension, automatic gearboxes, ABS and traction control. He was the man responsible for the b193 electronics.

So if there was cheats on Michaels B194, Tad Czapski would have known. Since he was hired by Tom Walkinshaw, he would have known too. Flip through the years, and go to the late Arrows era under Walkinshaw. Who did he hire two years in a row? That's right, Jos Verstappen. Now why on earth would he do that, if he knew for certain that Jos was 0,9 to 3 seconds slower than Michael? It is not like Verstappen had produced some kind of miracle in the meantime that would show Walkinshaw that he had improved significantly since his time at Benetton.

No, Walkinshaw knew why Michael was 3 seconds faster than Jos, and it didn't stop him from hiring him later in his own team. Had the 3 second split been legitimate, then he never would have done that.

Slash Wrote:
> Schumi still does great race starts, and
> supposedly nobody is allowed to have it, is he
> using some other undetected aid for that too?

Comparing cars that are almost 20 years apart is ludicrous.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2011 11:58PM by Morbid.
Date: December 10, 2011 12:16AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Thanks Morbid, I'll have a read through that later when I'm less tired.

I think we all knew Schumi and Benetton were cheating in 94', but it's still interesting to have the facts/opinions still coming out nearly two decades later.
Date: December 10, 2011 02:23AM
Posted by: EC83
This has been said so many times, and proven beyond all reasonable doubt so many times, that in a way it's strange we're even having this discussion about it. In other ways though it's understandable, given that these events happened in an era when information technology as we know it now didn't exist, and at a time when a lot of us(myself included) were too young to understand at the time WTF was going on behind the scenes, so we've gained what knowledge we have about it at a later stage, and like to discuss it now when an opportunity presents itself. Anyways...

It's been proved beyond all reasonable doubt, like I said, that MS and Benetton both won their respective titles in '94 by blatantly cheating. Just because the titles weren't taken off of them(and won't be now, since it's impossible for the FIA to go back to a previous season and change the outcomes of races, as was shown by Crashgate, another Briatore masterpiece) doesn't mean they were won legitimately. Throughout that season the attitude shown towards the sport by the Benetton team and even by Schumacher himself(Remember Silverstone) was an absolute disgrace, and they did enough between them to deserve being booted out of the Championship altogether. Looking back now I find it disturbing that Benetton weren't excluded from the '94 title standings, in light of their blatant disregard of the rules and regulations throughout that season, and the fact that their team management were arguably the most corrupt shower of @#$%& the sport has ever had to suffer.

Regarding the Verstappen situation, yeah, what he says makes perfect sense. It was always strange how Schumacher was always, as said already, miles ahead of his teammates. He was quicker, but not that much quicker. It also adds to the evidence from Senna, who always said he felt Schumacher's car was illegal, and might well have played a key role in "outing" Benetton during that season if he hadn't lost his life when he did.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2011 02:33AM by EC83.
Date: December 10, 2011 03:01AM
Posted by: EC83
Just noticed the first video davidm posted(the Aida start). The bit I find interesting: Skip to 6:15. There's a wonderful shot of Senna listening carefully to Schumacher's Benetton and to the other cars as they go past him and accelerate out of First Corner. The camera zooms in on him just as he does it.

Date: December 10, 2011 10:28AM
Posted by: davidm
Its interesting the bit about Senna listening to the engine. Frank Williams said in the Senna film that Ayrton wanted the team to protest the Benetton but they never did.
Date: December 10, 2011 12:10PM
Posted by: JPM2002
If it's even true, then it's Benetton who are the cheaters, not Michael Schumacher as a person alone. Did anyone blame Jenson Button and Takuma Sato when BAR where cheating back in 2005? Where Alonso and Hamilton found guilty when crucial Ferrari information leaked to Mclaren and was used in their cars in 2007? Is Hamilton's title then also cheating in 2008, because Mclaren no doubt used some of the Ferrari info for their 2008 car??? Where Bellof and Brundle cheaters when Tyrrell lied their way through the scales in 1984??

Ridiculous chicken or the egg discussion. And if it's even true, it's Benetton that are the big cheats, and not Michael Schumacher the person. With a bit more charisma, he never would have been seen as the cheater-running-the-rivals-off-the-road-man, but as a passionate sportsman that will achieve what he believe he is given by a higher power...
Date: December 10, 2011 12:46PM
JPM2002 Wrote:
> If it's even true, then it's Benetton who are the
> cheaters, not Michael Schumacher as a person
> alone. Did anyone blame Jenson Button and Takuma
> Sato when BAR where cheating back in 2005? Where
> Alonso and Hamilton found guilty when crucial
> Ferrari information leaked to Mclaren and was used
> in their cars in 2007? Is Hamilton's title then
> also cheating in 2008, because Mclaren no doubt
> used some of the Ferrari info for their 2008
> car??? Where Bellof and Brundle cheaters when
> Tyrrell lied their way through the scales in
> 1984??

As I already said:

Morbid Wrote:
> Wow all the fanboys come rolling out, lols. I love
> it, when people can't contradict well documented
> facts, then the next strategy is to drag all teams
> and drivers down in the mud with Benetton/MS.
And
> when that fails, we can just dream @#$%& up. No
> reason to document claims. Guesses and wild
> speculation is all that we need. Why try to prove
> anything? I am über awezomez and I am right when
> I saz so!

Date: December 10, 2011 12:56PM
Posted by: senninho
Actually, JPM2002, the big flaw in all of your examples is that none of the other drivers were so directly involved. They could all easily plead ignorance, whereas Schumacher was involved directly - he had to be, due to the sequence required in the cockpit to activate LC.

Still, no-one's really blaming just him. The buck would ultimately have to stop with Briatore, and look what happened there.

An amusing aside, that I posted in a similar thread a couple of years ago - a B194 was offered for sale around that time, complete with 'original Ford HB engine, gearbox and traction control'.

Date: December 10, 2011 05:55PM
Posted by: JPM2002
As if all those drivers didn't know what was going on, please... Schumacher could also claim that he had to do these sequence of buttons to make the engine run in the right mode, without knowing he activated TC or LC. Come on, he knew it, like every other driver knew when their team was cheating.

And Morbid, you say all the fans come rolling out. You can also say all the anti's are having a field day now!

Like I said, it's a chicken and egg discussion, only arrogance can claim the truth!
Date: December 10, 2011 06:00PM
JPM2002 Wrote:
> Like I said, it's a chicken and egg discussion,
> only arrogance can claim the truth!

No. In the real world, you have to present proof to claim truth. That was done many years ago by the FIA. You and your fellows have yet to do it.

Date: December 10, 2011 06:17PM
Posted by: Slash
Schumi forever!!!!!!!!!
Date: December 10, 2011 06:48PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
It's funny how 'sportsmanship' is rarely ever used in sport...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: December 10, 2011 06:50PM
slash, im witcha man ;p

regarding this, there is an interview of schumacher to brundle in 1998. and martin asked what does schuey has to say about villeneuve and michesl answer was: i dont want to talk about villeneuve@ phahaha !!! NOT ARROGANT, JUST BETTER !
Date: December 10, 2011 06:52PM
isnt it great to have schumacher back. so many controversy again. so many things to discuss. love tthat guy (eventhough i think he is an arrogant mada faka. that, is what i like in him. you can only be arrogant if you are very good. senna was in this extreme too. just at the way he was overtaking backmarkers.. NO RESPECT AT ALL, just like japan 1990 !! and dont get me wrong, this, i like. The best are like that, other are, well huh, just the rest.
Date: December 10, 2011 07:15PM
Posted by: Isaint
Everyone given the opportunity will massage the rules at some point. It's the desire to win at almost any cost that fuels this kind of behaviour. Whilst we'd all like to see a squeaky clean hero, in reality there is no such thing. If they don’t cheat in the arena, they are probably beating their wives or swallowing amphetamines in some dark seedy place.
When it comes to Schumie the discussion will always be emotive, simply because people either hate him with a passion or love him just as equally.
The fact is, as has already been pointed out ... we know they, Benneton and all their confederates are guilty but so are a few other names that have been mentioned, proven or not. If there are ashes then it follows there must have been a fire, you don’t need to produce a box of matches to promote the fact.

In the case of Shumie he managed to attain an unsurpassable number of world Championships, all be it in some cases, under questionable circumstances. Now those among you who love him will think this an awesome achievement whilst others for whatever reason, ... jealousy, fair-play or just plain inquisitiveness; will undoubtedly look for holes and they are many but history will not change its mind neither will the book of records forget to record these events.
Remember it was through the same rule book that he so often bent out of shape, that he was crowned king of 7, F1 titles. However like most Kings his methods have not always, endeared him to his public so, until his achievements have been deposed the subject of Shumie and his road to fame, like it or not, will always remain mute.
So I guess until you hear those famous words ... 'The King is Dead ... Long live The King' His Legacy unlike his career will remain unscathed throughout all time.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: December 10, 2011 08:16PM
The world is not black and white.

I don't hate Schumacher. In fact I was hoping for better results for him in both this and last season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy