Kubica miss start of 2012 Season

Posted by phantaman 
Kubica miss start of 2012 Season
Date: November 23, 2011 01:48PM
Posted by: phantaman
official announcement of Lotus Renault => [www.lotusrenaultgp.com]

speculate who could fill the gap (driver leader) which is available? ;)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2011 01:50PM by phantaman.
Re: Kubica miss start of 2012 Season
Date: November 23, 2011 02:13PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Such a shame... another awesome talent is being wasted. Hope he can come back somewhere during the season.

As for the line-up... I like Grosjean very much, he deserves a chance. Kick out Petrov once and for all. And Senna hasn't done anything impressive except, perhaps, Spa qualifying. In their place I would choose a rather experimented driver, such as Barrichello or Sutil. Rubinho has still his skill, yeah, he's old, but he has the initiative. And Sutil is far from being old, he's a potential master in the rain (a nice example is China 2009 where he was 4th until he crashed ;-))

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: November 23, 2011 06:51PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Nah.

Leave Petrov where he is and stick in Senna for the second seat. If they don't work out, stick in Verne from Red Bull to give him some F1 time. I don't like Grosjean's arrogance.
Date: November 23, 2011 07:17PM
Posted by: chet
The team is a mess. It would be all too easy to blame Boullier and/or the drivers.

Right now, the best thing for them to do IMO is to stick with Bruno and Petrov (says a huge Bruno fan!). Bruno has race experience now, with the team, and an OK car. He proved he has the speed, and he's proved to be as quick as Petrov if not quicker. Some winter testing is likely to improve his situation, for both the drivers and I think they will just get better.

If that's proved wrong, and one of them fails to achieve the set goals then get Grosjean. In the meantime, alternate FP1 seats with the 3 guys. Let Grosjean get seat time and time with the team.

Kubica aint coming back for 2012, and I doubt we will see him in F1. In motor racing, maybe but F1... Im not sure. At least not with a top team. Its a massive shame but thats racing. The guy is lucky to be alive, and frankly the last thing on his mind is probably F1.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 23, 2011 07:26PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I'd keep both drivers, Grosjean would be a major step backwards for the team.
Date: November 23, 2011 07:43PM
Posted by: gav
phantaman
speculate who could fill the gap (driver leader) which is available? ;)

Neidf... oh, wait.
Date: November 23, 2011 08:15PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
May as well take a punt on Grosjean...I mean, what's the harm in it?

They could do a little shootout between Senna and Grosjean if needed.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: November 24, 2011 02:51AM
Posted by: Frantic
My dream is Kimi if he dont get into a Williams (The robertsons already talked to Renault a bit, and QNB sponsoring for williams seems to have failed), but if not, keep Senna and Petrov, and when one of them fail, get Grosjean

Date: November 24, 2011 10:31AM
Posted by: EC83
If Grosjean gets even half a chance for next year it'll be proof that Boullier needs his head examined. The only thing worse than a sh*t driver is a sh*t driver who's stuck up his own arse.

The only logical way forward in Kubica's absence is to go with Senna and Petrov. That would provide continuity and much-needed stability, we know Petrov is a driver who is capable of quality performances after Abu Dhabi 2010 and Melbourne this year, and Senna has the potential to really blossom if he's given another - full - season in that car.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2011 10:36AM by EC83.
Date: November 24, 2011 04:42PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Sad to see this news. I really now doubt we will ever seen Kubica return to full time F1. A real pity as he was a great talent.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: November 24, 2011 05:18PM
Posted by: J i m
Ferrari may still be interested in Kubica, his contract with LRGP is nearly over and lets face it, Ferrar are better positioned to rehabilitate a driver to F1. They could have him pounding round Firiano in any number of relatively recent Ferraris belonging to their clientele thingy.

Date: November 24, 2011 05:29PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
J i m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ferrari may still be interested in Kubica, his
> contract with LRGP is nearly over and lets face
> it, Ferrar are better positioned to rehabilitate a
> driver to F1. They could have him pounding round
> Firiano in any number of relatively recent
> Ferraris belonging to their clientele thingy.

True, but Renault also have a 2009 car ready to test.

I'd say Ferrari would be very wary to experiment on Kubica considering that Massa arguably lost some performance after his injury.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 24, 2011 06:16PM
Posted by: Twigster151
Well this is interesting...

[www.gpupdate.net]

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Date: November 24, 2011 06:46PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Even so, if he's not ready for preseason testing then he isn't really gonna be ready for the start of the season then, is he?

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: November 27, 2011 07:04AM
Posted by: Slash
well Renault can´t wait forever, and i doubt Ferrari, with the army of drivers that they have will like to go for Kubica... they´re probably thinking about Vettel more than anyother driver, Bortolotti teamming Alonso until he retires?

renault are also thinking about their busisness, they need stability, stick with Petrov and get Kovalainen
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy