Abu Dhabi GP *spoilers*

Posted by matt3454 
Re: Abu Dhabi GP *spoilers*
Date: November 14, 2011 08:09AM
Posted by: gav
SchueyFan
Maldonado was awful, but at least gave a good laugh fighting with the leaders.

You say that, but one of the times Hamilton came to lap him (before he'd passed the STR), there were no blue flags. Yes his team should have been telling him, and maybe a bit of common sense might have come in handy, but up the only blue flag was at the very last moment (as he let Hamilton through, after Maldonada had overtaken the STR). He was under investigation for ignoring something that didn't exist, which I thought was harsh.

That said, the general driving from the back-markers was poor yesterday.
Date: November 14, 2011 09:45AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Maldonado was awful, but at least gave a good
> laugh fighting with the leaders.
>
>
> You say that, but one of the times Hamilton came
> to lap him (before he'd passed the STR), there
> were no blue flags. Yes his team should have been
> telling him, and maybe a bit of common sense might
> have come in handy, but up the only blue flag was
> at the very last moment (as he let Hamilton
> through, after Maldonada had overtaken the STR).
> He was under investigation for ignoring something
> that didn't exist, which I thought was harsh.
>
> That said, the general driving from the
> back-markers was poor yesterday.

OK, I didn't notice that. Do you mean no physical flags, or that the LG light wasn't flashing, or both?

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 14, 2011 07:08PM
Posted by: gav
I never saw any blue flags at the time, but there were certainly no blue lights.
Date: November 14, 2011 08:05PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
alonso, hamilton and rosberg destroyed theri team mates yesterday !

on a note: M.Schumacher is managing his tyres perfectly. this is the second race in a row after India where i see him do that. In india he closed on nico from 6.0 sec. to 1.5 before the 2 nd pit stops.
Yesterday he closed from 5.0 sec to 0.3 to sutil again, before the 2nd round of pit stops. Still thow, i think he has a real problem of warming up his tyres for qualy. a lot of races he was miles behind rosberg in the qualy but on sunday he was as fast if not faster than nico. a few occasions where it happened are: singapore, india, korea, nurbugring etc.
Date: November 14, 2011 08:47PM
Posted by: J i m
Hamilton certainly beat Button, there's no denying that. I don't think he destroyed him though. When you consider the problems Button had with KERS and braking balance for most of the race, he only really lost out in the middle sector by about half a second perlap, obviously there aren't enough corners or length in s1 to lose out to, but his pace in s3 was brilliant, on a par with Hamilton and Alonso and significantly better than Webber and Massa. It was this strength in s3 that allowed to keep Webber out of the DRS zone for as long as he did.

It also worth noting that Button's fastest lap was actually quicker than Hamilton's who was pushing hard at the time to secure P1 over Alonso, not a bad effort when you consider he didn't know what the brakes were going to do from corner to corner.

It was probably the strongest team performance by McLaren since Barcelona, having both drivers being ultimately very strong, it also shows just how well Alonso did.

Date: November 15, 2011 12:03AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Best race at that circuit thus far. It doesn't have much competition but hey...

The first lap was epic. There were some decent scraps throughout.

Still, we need more failures (I know I have already said this) to get other cars finishing in the top ten. Too predictable. I suggest sabotage by willing members of this forum, the odd missing screw, razor blades implanted in kerbs... paying HRT drivers to be (slow)moving roadblocks, chloroform clouds....

OK so the sniper I paid to take out Vettel did a good job this time but tbh that was expensive and I can't afford to do it every race!
Date: November 15, 2011 06:31AM
loque Wrote:
> Best race at that circuit thus far. It doesn't
> have much competition but hey...
>
> The first lap was epic. There were some decent
> scraps throughout.

Maybe if you take away all the context, but I think the tension of the 2010 race at Abu Dhabi made it a more interesting race.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 15, 2011 01:58PM
Posted by: chet
J i m Wrote:
> Hamilton certainly beat Button, there's no denying
> that. I don't think he destroyed him though. When
> you consider the problems Button had with KERS and
> braking balance for most of the race, he only
> really lost out in the middle sector by about half
> a second perlap, obviously there aren't enough
> corners or length in s1 to lose out to, but his
> pace in s3 was brilliant, on a par with Hamilton
> and Alonso and significantly better than Webber
> and Massa. It was this strength in s3 that allowed
> to keep Webber out of the DRS zone for as long as
> he did.
>
> It also worth noting that Button's fastest lap was
> actually quicker than Hamilton's who was pushing
> hard at the time to secure P1 over Alonso, not a
> bad effort when you consider he didn't know what
> the brakes were going to do from corner to
> corner.
>
> It was probably the strongest team performance by
> McLaren since Barcelona, having both drivers being
> ultimately very strong, it also shows just how
> well Alonso did.

Yup! I think Lewis did fantastic to win, but I was more impressed with the drives from Alonso and Button. Jenson finished only 25 seconds behind, and sure toward the end Lewis was probably coasting, but he did call it one of the best races he's done which to me suggests he was pushing somewhat. Add in the time loss of racing Webber, and of course the effect of KERS and brake bias change (he was visibly cautious under braking!) then I think he drove a good race.. It certainly showed why Jenson is as strong as he is. He might not like a car that is not planted, and for raw pace he will probably lose out to many drivers, however even in an unpredictable car, over a race distance Button is as relentless as Alonso.

As for Alonso, well I knew the Ferrari would be stronger in the race, but never expected him to challenge Lewis! It has to be said only one driver has looked good all weekend, Lewis. Even Vettel looked like he struggled Friday... Alonso though just did what he does best, gets on with it.

Shame about Vettel going out like that. I have to believe it would have been quite a tight battle at the front with Vettel.... Suzuka style. Would Vettel have beat both Lewis and Alonso? Who knows ... probably!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 15, 2011 04:01PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
ssorry for posting it here guys, but just look at taht. Perez braked more than 100 m before that corner !!!!! now, everyone who understands f1 will tell you this is just plain stupid ! 100 m for a 2nd gear corner, when you are coming with maybe 180 -200 km . Unbelievable. I think he did it on purpose

100 M Before the cornerr !!! :X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2011 04:02PM by mitadumapaga.
Date: November 16, 2011 06:51AM
Yes, but his tyres were very old and he was on the dirty line. I don't know what Schumacher was trying to do just covering his rear right wheel.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 16, 2011 06:22PM
Posted by: pankykapus
But it's 100Mmm!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy