Abu Dhabi GP *spoilers*

Posted by matt3454 
Abu Dhabi GP *spoilers*
Date: November 11, 2011 03:53PM
Posted by: matt3454
The excitement for this race seems near unbearable, with FP2 finshed and still no race thread ;).

Anyway, I thought once a driver crashed out of practice they weren't allowed to rejoin?

Re: Abu Dhabi GP *spoilers*
Date: November 11, 2011 06:04PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
hey, where is da guy who was making the last several opening SPOILERS threads ??

P.S. you are allowed to do anything in formula 1 .... as long as if you know how to ask for it.
which reminds me of brundle saying something very funny once, regarding an interview of ralf schumacher, namely:
"well, i guess you can say whatever you want.... if you are a Schumacher" :P :P :P hihi
Date: November 11, 2011 06:37PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
So.. lets sum up what's interesting to watch in the last 2 races:

1) can someone else but vettel score a win (mainly webber thow)
2) can massa score a podium (or evena victory), maan, what a boost that would be for him
3) can a mercedes/ renault/ force india make a podium (but mostly merc. to be honest)
4) 3 great battles between drivers:
a) Schumacher vs Rosberg
b) Sutil vs Di Resta
c) and last.. but not least interesting, Ham vs Button

5) Is barrichello going to improve his driving to stay at williams

And of couse the usual team battles, mostly the one for 5th in the championship + an evetuall late charge from FI. Can they indeed threaten renault ??? (or put renault at risk, i dont know which is better, perhaps a native speaker will give me a hint :p )

Enjoy
Date: November 11, 2011 08:18PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
It's gonna be a borefest...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: November 11, 2011 08:25PM
Posted by: RenaultFan
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's gonna be a borefest...

I think im going to agree with Incident 2k9.
Date: November 12, 2011 01:18PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Yes, my interest is certainly as low for this race as it's been for years - possibly since China 2005.

Anyway, hopefully it's an interesting qualifying.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 13, 2011 01:51AM
Posted by: Monza972
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> It's gonna be a borefest...

Unless we bring Rowan Atkinson into the McLaren garage again and have a shot of him throughout the race.
Date: November 13, 2011 02:41AM
Posted by: RenaultFan
Monza972 Wrote:
> Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It's gonna be a borefest...
>
>
> Unless we bring Rowan Atkinson into the McLaren
> garage again and have a shot of him throughout the
> race.

that would make this race a little better ;)

I just don't see a thrilling race in the cards for us tomorrow boys
Date: November 13, 2011 07:42AM
Posted by: Slash
cĀ“mon Jenson..., Michael kick some azz boys!
Date: November 13, 2011 01:19PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
What's avec the blue Mclaren overalls??
Date: November 13, 2011 02:29PM
Posted by: elemental
I wonder why drivers aren't hanging back in the first DRS zone in order to pass them in the second zone, rather than passing only to get repassed.
Date: November 13, 2011 07:35PM
Posted by: matt3454
wtf... just got to the end of the race on iPlayer, now its not available to view :S.

Date: November 13, 2011 08:21PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Nearly fell asleep...but I was nursing a hangover at the time...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: November 13, 2011 09:13PM
Posted by: gav
You know we're all pumped for this race when the combined pre-event, practice, qualifying and race discussion doesn't make a second page. ;)

The first lap was fantastic. The rest of the race wasn't awful, but it never really got going.

Cracking races by Hamilton, Alonso and for half the race, Webber. Kovalainen and Glock were fantastic from what I saw too. Alguersuari was strangely missing after a great second half to the season.
Date: November 14, 2011 01:08AM
Posted by: chet
wtf are BBC playing at? Its not iplayer.

Missed almost the entire event this weekend because of work, so after an awful weekend, all i was hoping to do sunday night was get back, without knowing the results, switch on iplayer and hopefully see a Button win. Instead I come home, its not there. Im patient... I continue to be patient... It gets to 9pm, my patience runs out, I run to autosport and give up!

edit - [iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk]

how hard can it be to upload a video?!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2011 01:09AM by chet.
Date: November 14, 2011 03:52AM
Posted by: **Taylor**
It's on now chet!!! #samesortofdayasyou :-)

Date: November 14, 2011 04:22AM
A pity that Vettel didn't keep going, as it would've been good to see him charge through the field.

Maldonado was awful, but at least gave a good laugh fighting with the leaders.

Hopefully Ferrari get their front wings sorted out, because there's no point for Massa to do all Friday setup work with one wing, and then change the wing to the older specification for qualifying and the race.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 14, 2011 04:42AM
Posted by: J i m
Fairly good race I thought. Big surprise that Vettel went out, he'd have probably won without that.. still faultless drive by Hamilton, no Massa to get in his way this time, Alonso gets driver of the day for me because he basically out performed his car. Good damage limitation by Button, but he'd dropped off the back of Alonso before the KERS problems. Poor showing by Webber & Massa they should have demoted Button to 5th.

Other drives of note were Di Resta, scored points despite having the worst strategy ever, Barrichello got the worst Williams ever to 12th from the back (good effort) and Kovalainen raced with the midfield for sometime yet again.

Date: November 14, 2011 04:58AM
I also thought Sutil did a fantastic job, only 1.2 seconds off the Mercedes of Schumacher.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 14, 2011 06:58AM
Posted by: J i m
Yeah, good race for him, though Schumacher had some damage as I understand it, though for once he was comprehensively beaten by Rosberg in race conditions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy