Best European GP to visit?

Posted by matt3454 
Best European GP to visit?
Date: November 11, 2011 12:14AM
Posted by: matt3454
Hello everybody!

Next year, me and a few friends are looking to visit a european GP.

We had originally planned to go to Montreal for the race but with the New Jersey proposed track for 2013, we thought we would save and go to Montreal/NJ race then, as montreal alone will cost ~£700 to get return flights to.

We have already booked to go to Spa Francorchamps this year as we got cheap tickets and cheap accomodation.

I was wondering though, where would people suggest to that have good views for a non-extortionate amount, Hungary looks quite good as the grandstand tickets for the last corner are only around £100.

Re: Best European GP to visit?
Date: November 11, 2011 09:15AM
Posted by: marwood82
good call with Spa, its a great weekend.

i've not been to hungary but i've heard good things about the views.
the general entry area around the back of the circuit apparently does allow you to see quite a bit of the track

i'd also consider Silverstone. granted its not that cheap, but if you have a grandstand ticket(any grandstand as far as i know), then you can sit in any grandstand you want on friday and saturday.

in 2010 we had tickets for stowe but watched free practice from the start/finish straight and qualifying from becketts.
so when you factor that in, its actually not bad value.
Date: November 11, 2011 10:27AM
Posted by: Advong
I've been to the Hungarian Grand Prix, we sat at the turn 1 grandstand so we had an excellent view. The only downside with Hungary is that you can't sit in other grandstands on Friday and Saturday as you can at Silverstone.

The weekend we went was also packed with Finns and Poles which created an interesting atmosphere and almost made it feel like a home GP for Raikkonen, Kovalainen and Kubica. Kovalainen won so the Finns were great fun for the rest of the day.

The only other European GP I've been to is Monza, there if you have a grandstand ticket you can sit anywhere on Friday and Saturday which I really like. The atmosphere is excellent but then I'm a massive ferrari fanboy so I would say that. I've also done Monza on a General Admission ticket and its hard to find a good view with the GA tickets there.
Date: November 13, 2011 01:19PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Monaco.
Date: November 13, 2011 07:36PM
Posted by: matt3454
I'd love to visit monaco but its a bit too pricey for me when you factor in flight+accom+race weekend ticket. Definitely on my to do list for the future.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy