2011 Indian GP **SPOILERS**

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: 2011 Indian GP **SPOILERS**
Date: October 31, 2011 06:55AM
Posted by: EC83
The Lewis-Massa issue reminds me of Brundle and Alesi(as Martin pointed out himself) and also Irvine-Alesi in the mid-90s when they had a tendency to get together on the track. This is a particularly intense period of tension between them though, with a concentrated number of incidents in a pretty short period of time.

Date: October 31, 2011 09:45AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
pretty sure webber didnt hit the apex in turn 3 once in the race.

I really wonder if he will race next year

Date: October 31, 2011 11:26AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Yes, I think it would be better for Red Bull to have someone more motivated like Alguersuari in that seat. Webber got an offer from Renault, so I'm surprised he didn't take that, as I don't think he'll get an offer as good as that after next year.

It's quite a sorry state, as he'd finally rebuilt his reputation in 2009 and 2010, but now he's back to a laughing stock again in Australia.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 31, 2011 12:11PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
laughing stock?

I dont think he has ever been considered that. 2009/2010 showed all he needed was a good car. its just that 2010 broke his spirit.

Im hoping he comes back stronger next year, But im not getting my hopes up.

Date: October 31, 2011 12:34PM
Posted by: hasbriale
He blew it big time in 2010 (N) despite Vettel making so many mistakes...
Date: October 31, 2011 12:51PM
NeilPearson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> laughing stock?
>
> I dont think he has ever been considered that.
> 2009/2010 showed all he needed was a good car.
> its just that 2010 broke his spirit.
>
> Im hoping he comes back stronger next year, But im
> not getting my hopes up.

I'm referring to the ignorant non-F1 fans and media who think that, not those who understand how well he did in his whole career up to Lap 18 of the 2010 Korean Grand Prix.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2011 01:08PM by SchueyFan.
Date: October 31, 2011 09:17PM
Posted by: gav
NeilPearson
its just that 2010 broke his spirit.

2010 must have taken it's toll emotionally. Not just the championship slipping away in such circumstances, but the inter-team battle and essentially having all but his own mechanics wanting the other guy to win, and often trying to influence it. He clearly wasn't happy mid season, but came through in it with such strength. Really, looking back, he did amazing an job just to stay in the title hunt in that team. That must be have been such a difficult close-season.

I think this year, other than Vettel being brilliant, Webber has struggled with the tyres. He's always been quite hard on them, and it never has clicked, both in terms of driving style and "switching them on" (if ever there are overused terms used this year, that and "falling off the cliff" are them!).
Date: October 31, 2011 10:32PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
webber did well, very well from barcelona 2010 onwards. The beginning of the 2011 season for him was not that bad either, but what brought him down i think were mainly the spanish gp, the british gp and the german gp. those were his chances and he missed on a win in each one of them. just think how he would've cruised to a victory at barcelona 2011, hadnt he been jumped by alonso on the start. or from lewis in nurburgring. or if we had a dry british gp. After that his qualy performances started deteriorating and he looks like he's lost all his motivation.

On another note. Looking at lewis today and lewis an year ago i can say that in my view he just lost the title last year, by making the very same mistakes he has done this year. Crashes in singapore 2010, monza 2010 and you can add the mistake in korea, which costed him a potential victory. This year it just escalated because of several other factors like button getting better, tyres getting less durable, car becoming a little more inferior etc.

Quite frankly i cant see any other than schumacher and evetually alonso challenging vettel nex year (but with the way this ferrari is going ...BACKWARDS) i cant see it happening. i really hink that mercedes mgp3 will be a fast enough car. ferrari --> NO WAY, even brundle said after the korean gp, that alonso should be worried the way things are going. Mclaren, hmmm, difficult to call. I d say NO. at least, because they only have 1 title in the last 12 seasons (and lets be honest, it was a hell of a lucky one as well). And i personally dont believe in the ability of their drivers: lewis in my view is overrated (he only had a run of 9 cons. great races in 2007 an thats it. Since than he is only going backwardSs AND he is super inconsistent). Button, no comment, although by the looks of the way hes driving, he might be a bii threat next year.

But my main point is... vettel is a damn good in psychological aspect. And he needs someone who is good in destroying people psychologically. the man who did it in '91 with piquet, 94 + 95 with hill. 2006 with alonso. and 2011 with rosberg. still, i am open to your views of who can challenge sebastian next year and why. All above is just my view of the world now !
CHeers !

P.S. i wonder who'd bet his money on massa :P
Date: October 31, 2011 11:28PM
Posted by: matt3454
Mclaren were kinda lucky to win in '08 but they really should have won with ease in '07. If lewis didn't over cook his inters and his entry to the pit in china as well as not hitting the wrong button in brazil he would have won with ease!

Date: November 01, 2011 12:05AM
Posted by: J i m
Mercedes being Red Bull's main challenger next year?! Unlikely, you'll be touting HRT next. McLaren and Ferrari are the only two teams you count on to be there or thereabouts.

Date: November 01, 2011 12:37PM
Posted by: danm
roflmao @ the suns headline...

[www.thesun.co.uk]

'I’m so sari
Lewis a broken man after India argy bhaji'

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: November 01, 2011 01:09PM
I'm sure Hamilton will have a great time in Brazil in a few weeks!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 01, 2011 08:26PM
Posted by: hasbriale
A good read...........

Massa and Hamilton: Who's to blame?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/01112011/58/massa-hamilton-blame.html
Date: November 02, 2011 08:46PM
Posted by: Morbid
Herbert: Massa deserved penalty

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/95841]

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2011 08:47PM by Morbid.
Date: November 02, 2011 11:56PM
Posted by: Isaint
F1 next year mmmh ... Really difficult to call this, after RedBull and Ferrari? Could be any one, definitly not HRT though. Then again ............
I say Ferrari because they have this way of banging in a car that surprises all when the oposistion seems invincible. Mclaren? Well I just dont know, lot of inconsistencies with that team at the moment Button has managed to keep them honest though and I never thought that would be the case so plenty of respect for him.

I'm looking for Mercedes to step up to the plate but based on this seasons results I'm not completely convinced they have all the right people in the right places at that team and I'm also not sure whether or not they really have the engeneering know how to produce a car that can genuinly challenge RedBull. I really dont know, like to see it though.

With the rule changes next year we may be surprised with the order of things but it would be a brave person that bets against 'Newey' reproducing something special. Guess we just have to wait and see?

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2011 12:00AM by Isaint.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy