Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: 2011 Indian GP **SPOILERS**
Date: October 30, 2011 01:06PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
RenaultFan schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wow that was a boring race I agree

...in your book.

In my view this was pure F1 race. No artificial drs overtakings, no safety cars to mess everything up. It was straightforward with great great battles:

1) schumi vs. nico
2) webber vs button pre 1st pit stop
3) alonso vs webber onwards
4) massa vs hamilton
5) the torro rossos making their way up the field in the first stint as well
6) and expecially the button vettel battle which kept me intrigued till the last 10 laps or so. Button was actually only 2.5 sec. behind vettel after the last pit stops. No one can say it was vettel pacing himself the whole race long. the slightest of errors in the pits and he would ve lost the lead. And i really can understand how difficult it is to keep a pace of 1:30:000 every single lap, on a brand new circuit, with kamikadze orange Kerbs, corners with no view of where actually the corner is (nr 3) etc. etc... So i understood how good button actually is, and vettel in that respect as well. As for alonso. How bout that, on the podium and ahead of 2 faster cars (ham + webb) once again.

I would give the race a 7 out of 10. Good one !

I liked it because it just showed who is where, when no external factors influence the outcome of a race. And i also
Date: October 30, 2011 01:17PM
Posted by: alonso0506
Well i gotta say the Race was lets say a 6 out of 10

Start was kinda light chaos at back midfield with the 2 williams touching and a sauber and trulli spin.

Then battles on long straights.

Senna up too p10 but Str`s so much quicker lol who would have thaught that Toro Rosso beats Renault at end of season.

anyway Massa vs hamilton was in my view more hamiltons fault than massa. Now please dont say im wrong or whatever its just my opinion.

Lewis would have got him on the straights later surely so it was just a matter of time and tbh his pace wasnt that good all race.

Fernando again beating a RedBull and i belive if he would have been infront of webber at start he would have faught with jenson for p2.

At end i think the track is ok but in my view a waste of space i mean we got so many great tracks why do we have to built lots of new ones and waste a lot of money.

Abu Dhabi is the nxt one dunno what to excpect but i guess it will be no suprises at the front.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And thats the bottom line cause Alonso0506 said so"
Date: October 30, 2011 01:21PM
good summary mate. depending on the commentary the race can vary from a 6 to a 7 out of 10. Also depending who you are rooting for. a massa or hamilton fans woud have found the second half of the race pretty dumb i would say.
Date: October 30, 2011 01:33PM
Posted by: chet
Not only perfect on track, but Seb is perfect with the media.

edit - What are your thoughts on Brundle being driver manager for Lewis?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2011 01:34PM by chet.
Date: October 30, 2011 02:16PM
Posted by: J i m
The top three drivers of this season on the podium in the correct order. That's my summary.

My comments? Vettel the untouchable, love the way he winds up his team by going for fastest laps at the end, at the moment he is simply better than anyone else. Good job by Button to finish within 10 seconds it's clear that Mcalaren simply didn't have the pace this weekend so another super result for him. There's no keeping Alonso down either, Ferrari shouldn't have been able to beat a Red Bull yet Alonso beat Webber who should really have beaten Button.

That says it all about Webber's season. Not only has he been destroyed by Vettel but he's been roundly beaten by drivers in slightly inferior cars. Another strong race by Schumacher, Rosberg should be smarting at that, more points for Alguersauri I think his race form of late should be putting him on the radar for promotion to Red Bull or maybe even to replace Massa at Ferrari.

Talking off Massa, he really needs to sort his @#$%& out. In any collision it takes two to tango, but that was disgraceful especially in light of the past couple of weeks. He's proven time and time before that he is just about the worst driver to overtake. The way he's always too eager to drive the other car off the track is often shocking, but to simply drive into it? He knew exactly where Hamilton was as he'd been visibly looking for him. This reminds me off Schumacher on Villeneuve at Jerez 1997 only worse.

Sure Massa was slightly ahead, he had the line but you can't simply drive into the other car even if it is Hamilton's. Penalty completely justified and to be honest a further sanction wouldn't be inappropriate either. As for Hamilton... when is he going to learn? Especially with Massa you have to use a little savvy, with my hindsight specs on I say he should have backed out far earlier he was almost asking for it keeping his nose in there. Bad race for him overall, he wasn't exactly hustling either Ferrari up until then and it only got worse, humbled by Button yet again.

So in conclusion, man of the race? Rowan Atkinson, what a reaction! Mr Bean broke well and truly free, I would have preferred the sardonical wit of Blackadder though ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2011 02:17PM by J i m.
Date: October 30, 2011 02:19PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I think the Hamilton/Massa crash showed the problems of having such a dirty track off-line. Lewis couldn't commit to such a late braking move, and as such it became a half-hearted move and he only hit Massa's rear tyre. If Lewis had braked at the same point as Massa, Massa would've been run off the road at the next corner. Hamilton never got ahead of Massa, so I think Massa had a right to take the corner and not just let him go by meekly.

Penalising Massa was too harsh in my opinion, I think it should've been no penalty.

Anyway, the race was an example of when things go bad, they go really bad for Massa. He was having a really good race in the first 20 laps or so. Then he goes off at Turn 1 allowing Hamilton to catch him, then they crash, then he gets a drive-through, then he has to pit again to remove the front wing and put on the slower hard tyres, then he crashes.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 30, 2011 02:28PM
Posted by: mick_schumacher
what a borefest !

Date: October 30, 2011 02:31PM
Posted by: X_Acto
chet Wrote:

>
> Narain destroyed Ricciardo. Even without
> Ricciardo's pitstop at the end, Narain was so much
> better. He was just the worst at letting guys
> passed.

Agree! But this was probablly the last time we saw Narain racing in a GP...

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: October 30, 2011 02:40PM
mick_schumacher schrieb:
> what a borefest !

what a bummer !
Date: October 30, 2011 03:03PM
J i m Wrote:
> Talking off Massa, he really needs to sort his
> @#$%& out. In any collision it takes two to tango,
> but that was disgraceful especially in light of
> the past couple of weeks. He's proven time and
> time before that he is just about the worst driver
> to overtake. The way he's always too eager to
> drive the other car off the track is often
> shocking, but to simply drive into it? He knew
> exactly where Hamilton was as he'd been visibly
> looking for him. This reminds me off Schumacher on
> Villeneuve at Jerez 1997 only worse.

The comparison to 1997 is quite ridiculous, I think. At the point of turn-in, Hamilton was in Massa's blind-spot. He almost cleared him, shown by the fact that the contact was with Massa's rear wheel. What did you want Massa to do? Brake 20 metres earlier than he needed to and just coast around the corner?

If you think that Massa did it deliberately to crash, as Schumacher did, is plain wrong, in my opinion.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 30, 2011 03:19PM
Posted by: gav
SchueyFan
The comparison to 1997 is quite ridiculous, I think. At the point of turn-in, Hamilton was in Massa's blind-spot. He almost cleared him, shown by the fact that the contact was with Massa's rear wheel.

Hamilton only hit Massa's rear wheel because he realised that Massa wasn't going to give him space and tried to back out of it.

SchueyFan
What did you want Massa to do? Brake 20 metres earlier than he needed to and just coast around the corner?

Or maybe just leave some space. He said he knew Hamilton was there, so why the hell did he turn in? Hamilton can't just disappear.
Date: October 30, 2011 03:25PM
Posted by: J i m
The point is that Massa knew Hamilton was there regardless of any perceived blindspot. I'm not saying that he should have handed the position to Hamilton on a plate I'm saying he should have been fair and he was not.

Both played their part in the collision (it's rare to have incidents when someone is entirely blameless), Hamilton should have backed out far earlier as I already acknowledged via hindsight specs, but you can't drive into another car simply because you think the corner is yours and this is what Massa did. Whilst I'm not saying he went out to deliberately cause a collision he did blantetly drive into Hamilton.

They both need to be sat down and talked to. Both are driving irresponsibly too often.

Hamilton is wrong to continuously keep his car in a closing gap assuming the other car will jump out of the way. Massa is wrong to put complete empathise on his opponent to avoid an accident in nearly all situations. If these two carry on in the same vein, someone will get hurt.

And of course it isn't only Hamilton and Massa in the current field who drive like idiots.

Date: October 30, 2011 04:20PM
Posted by: marcl
For me it was a racing incident, Massa could have left more space Lewis said he tried to back out of it. Neither should have got a penalty tbh.

How the hell though are Ferrari getting away with that front wing? You cannot just change it for an old spec if the race the car was not checked like that.
Date: October 30, 2011 04:52PM
Posted by: gav
marcl
You cannot just change it for an old spec if the race the car was not checked like that.

How do you know they weren't checked? Presumably if they're old front wings, they've been checked at previous GPs anyway.

The new front wings passed the tests anyway. If there were being damaged then they could be banned on safety grounds, but given that they were run on Friday and checked by Joe Bauer continually on during practice, then I can't see a problem. No one seems to know if they were getting damaged, or is saying so publicly. Whether Alonso's wing issue at the start was related, who knows - I'd imagine that would have been picked up in parc ferme had it been damaged, so he may have hit something on the way to grid for all we know.
Date: October 30, 2011 06:39PM
Posted by: Briere
Vettel wins again !
Date: October 30, 2011 09:31PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Must say, I am getting a bit sick of Massa obsessing over Hamilton - but I don't think that move from Lewis was ever on, not in such a high speed corner.

The first similar accident that came to mind for me was Burti/Irvine at Spa a few years back - different outcome that time though.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: October 30, 2011 09:33PM
Posted by: hasbriale
Indian GP is a success....... Force India !! (Y)

Too bad ... another coming together of:

Date: October 31, 2011 12:02AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Great track, boring race. Not really sure why - I don't think the tyres were best suited they should have been less durable.

Massa... what can I say? It was always a risky move but he either a) didn't even look before turning in even though he knew Lewis was behind him or b) knew he was there and turned in anyway. Not that I would have attempted a move there.

Rowan Atkinson - hilarious. Should have him in a little box at the bottom of the screen so we can see his reactions to everything. Epic.

Great race by Toro Rosso, I thought - they've come a long way. Also, great drive by Perez, who scored a point and also by Schumacher and Senna who had better race pace than they showed in quali. Button was on good form again, Webber just keeps getting killed off the line, Vettel untouchable, Alonso doing a good job with what he had, Rubens and Kobayashi playing bumper cars at the first corner wrecked both their races.
Date: October 31, 2011 04:39AM
Posted by: hasbriale
You summed up a boring race pretty well... ;-)

Massa and Hamilton... ;)

Nothing new... Seeing this since 2008.. Both get (N)
Date: October 31, 2011 05:51AM
gav Wrote:
> Hamilton only hit Massa's rear wheel because he
> realised that Massa wasn't going to give him space
> and tried to back out of it.

No, I think it was the clean line that meant Massa could brake later, rather than Hamilton conceding. The move was never going to work in that corner, particularly when he was never actually ahead of Massa before the braking zone.

> Or maybe just leave some space. He said he knew
> Hamilton was there, so why the hell did he turn
> in? Hamilton can't just disappear.

Yes, he could've left more space, but because of the location of the next corner, there isn't much space to give without cutting the next chicane. I never said Massa was completely blameless, but I'm guessing he saw Hamilton move back out of his eye line in the braking area, and assumed that he had conceded the position.

I think this shows that the stewards must release full reasoning for their decisions. Even Massa went to talk to them after the race to clarify why he was penalised. If it was Massa's wing broken, not Hamilton's, I'd wonder if the penalty may have been reversed and given to Hamilton...

Red Sam Wrote:
> Must say, I am getting a bit sick of Massa
> obsessing over Hamilton - but I don't think that
> move from Lewis was ever on, not in such a high
> speed corner.

I wouldn't say he is 'obsessing' over Hamilton, it's just that obviously when they make contact, the media are going to keep asking questions about it after the race to try and make a story.

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy