2011 Singapore GP **SPOILERS**

Posted by andreigp4 
Re: 2011 Singapore GP **SPOILERS**
Date: September 27, 2011 10:57AM
Posted by: andreigp4
I think 16 races are enough but FIA has to keep this points system. 20 races are too much. It's not the Premier League. Come on! Maybe they will put Double races. Friday Free practice + Quali (60 mns - 3 laps shoot-out), Saturday - 45 mns sprint race (half the points), Sunday 90ms (starting in reverse order but award full points)

____
Date: September 27, 2011 12:26PM
Posted by: Morbid
TBH I think the 20 races are due to Bernie and the dollar signs in his eyes, rather than the FIA. The FIA does not negotiate the calendar, it just approves it.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: September 27, 2011 03:32PM
Posted by: davidm
Talking about pole statistics its interesting to compare Senna and his first 64 races before moving to Mclaren and then Sebs. Senna driving for Toleman then Lotus (nowhere near the best cars) took 16/64. Seb in his first 64 races in mainly Red Bull (for much time the best qualifying car certainly) - 17/64. Lets see how he compares in his second 64 races with Senna.
Date: September 27, 2011 04:07PM
Posted by: andreigp4
davidm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Talking about pole statistics its interesting to
> compare Senna and his first 64 races before moving
> to Mclaren and then Sebs. Senna driving for
> Toleman then Lotus (nowhere near the best cars)
> took 16/64. Seb in his first 64 races in mainly
> Red Bull (for much time the best qualifying car
> certainly) - 17/64. Lets see how he compares in
> his second 64 races with Senna.

I won't go as far as Senna. Vettel is still baby Schumi. Lets relate him to Schumacher for the time being.

____
Date: September 27, 2011 07:22PM
Posted by: Slash
Schumi was great in qualifying but not all the time (Monza 2003 was his best imho)... he has more wins than poles.. it's perfectly reflected this season, he's more a race driver

i think we just want to know where Vettel heads.. he's impressive in qualy's so if we can compare him with somebody has to be with the greates qualifier of all time.. Vettel's aiming there for sure

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2011 07:23PM by Slash.
Date: September 27, 2011 09:55PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
schumis best quaaly : i will probably take austria 2003, monaco 1996 monza 1998.
Date: September 29, 2011 07:27PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
...ooh, and btw hill said that schumi is too old to keep doing that, because he cant keep concentration. and just after 1 accident and missjudging ?
how about when villeneuve hit ralf at melbourne and also missjudjed it. or how about hamiltons all season ? does he also have to retire, because he is loosing concentration ?

when i read statements like that, they just make me sad and angry at the same time. i cant really believe that hill has said such a thing. it is an absolute nonsence.
Date: September 29, 2011 09:11PM
Posted by: J i m
Yeah admittedly Damon comes out with some odd comments sometimes.

Date: September 29, 2011 10:46PM
Being critical in the press is often more driven by the need for attention than it is driven by the wish to be candid.

Date: September 29, 2011 10:55PM
Posted by: LeeBeau
Does he have a book coming out or something?
Date: September 30, 2011 05:06AM
Posted by: EC83
Damon has been shooting his mouth off about Schumacher "being too old for F1", or words to that effect, for the last 10 years or so now. It never ceases to amuse me, coming from him of all people.

Hill should stick to what he's best suited to since his own soap opera of an F1 retirement, and just STFU.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2011 05:16AM by EC83.
Date: October 04, 2011 11:01AM
Massa was told an the radio to destroy Hamiltons race.

[www.autosport.com]

Smedley is heard to say to Massa: "Hold Hamilton as much as we can. Destroy his race as much as we can. Come on, boy..."

Date: October 04, 2011 02:24PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Bit of a non-story there. Reword that to "Massa, try and beat Lewis! Score more points than him!" and suddenly it's fine.

Don't understand the fuss over that one.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 04, 2011 02:58PM
In the same way that "smack her upside the face" rephrased to "love her" is fine. ;)

There is a chasm between "try to score more points than him", and "destroy his race as much as we can". The former is a positive phrasing and in the spirit of competition, the other is a negative phrasing and hardly a gesture of any kind of sportsmanship.

Date: October 04, 2011 03:15PM
Posted by: EC83
The wording is pretty extreme. I've never heard anything quite like that said in F1 before that I can remember, even if the gist of the message is a familiar one.

Morbid Wrote:
> In the same way that "smack her upside the face"
> rephrased to "love her" is fine. ;)

What? Are you trying to say Hamilton is a domestic abuse victim now, just because he hit Massa and came off worse? Really? LMFAO!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2015 04:57AM by EC83.
Date: October 04, 2011 03:35PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
It's certainly a non-story, and I'm surprised it lasted this long and that Ferrari even bothered to make an official comment on it. It's only probably lasted because Hamilton fanboys have used it to somehow lessen the guilt on him for the crash.

If it was Massa that ran into Hamilton's tyre, then it would've been a real story!

EC83 Wrote:
> The wording is pretty extreme. I've never heard
> anything quite like that said in F1 before that I
> can remember, even if the gist of the message is a
> familiar one.

This was more extreme!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 04, 2011 04:00PM
There is are tangible differences in the two examples.

Heidfeld was not dead 5 minutes after that message was sent. Really no racing driver would ever interpret a message like "kill him" literally.

Hamilton's race was in ruins 5 minutes after Massa was told to "destroy his race". Given the plethora of instances where one driver has deliberately destroyed another drivers race by causing an accident, a message like "destroy his race" can certainly be interpreted literally. I even recall a driver a few years back, on the very same track, destroying his own race, because he was told to do so by his team! Even more odd, he ALSO had Alonso as a team mate!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2011 04:01PM by Morbid.
Date: October 04, 2011 04:15PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Morbid Wrote:
> Hamilton's race was in ruins 5 minutes after Massa
> was told to "destroy his race". Given the plethora
> of instances where one driver has deliberately
> destroyed another drivers race by causing an
> accident, a message like "destroy his race" can
> certainly be interpreted literally. I even recall
> a driver a few years back, on the very same track,
> destroying his own race, because he was told to do
> so by his team! Even more odd, he ALSO had Alonso
> as a team mate!!

OK, but your implication is only valid if Massa had any blame for the incident that followed.

If he was moving all over the track defending it would perhaps bring the incident under scrutiny more, but that was his first defensive move.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2011 04:15PM by SchueyFan.
Date: October 04, 2011 04:22PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
You'd think after the amount of accidents he's been involved in that Lewis wouldn't need people making up excuses on why he's managed to drive into other cars. But I guess I'm wrong.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 04, 2011 04:23PM
To that I will respond what MS had to say about Hamilton's incidents at Monaco:

Michael Schumacher
In Monaco we know it is very difficult to pass and if somebody doesn’t want it, then it is very hard to avoid a collision. I guess, in two of the four cases he passed people, two didn’t want it and two accepted it.

And that is exactly what happened here. Even if you only buy the very mild interpretation of Smedley's orders, Massa had explicit orders not to let Hamilton get passed him. He cannot have doubted, that letting Hamilton get by, was not going to be taken well in the team.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2011 04:26PM by Morbid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy