2011 Singapore GP **SPOILERS**

Posted by andreigp4 
Re: 2011 Singapore GP **SPOILERS**
Date: September 26, 2011 11:03AM
Posted by: andreigp4
Agree with Loque. All that is missing is an Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga comment...

____
Date: September 26, 2011 11:54AM
Posted by: senninho
andreigp4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Agree with Loque. All that is missing is an Justin
> Bieber or Lady Gaga comment...

OMFG Justin Beiber is liek sooooooooooo much better of an driver than Sebstian Vettle you MORANS

Date: September 26, 2011 12:29PM
Posted by: truecrysis
251 peoplez are Massa's family so disliked this race...

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: September 26, 2011 12:42PM
speaking of massa:

____
Date: September 26, 2011 02:14PM
Posted by: chet
gav Wrote:
> Yeah, but he had an 18 seconds lead before the
> safety car. ;)

It was more was it? 23 seconds or something? :p

But then why not him run 18 seconds up the road before they restart?

Fact is backmarkers on restarts are far more interference then when racing normally. As Button said Kobayashi was in front for the whole lap! The STR driver clearly hindered Alonso allowing their mother team to make a pass (im not suggesting anything, but the STR drivers whoever they are have been total douches in traffic for years!).

The result would not have changed had Button started with Vettel, he would have strung out another huge lead but that's not the point. The backmarkers are having a too large influence on the result on restarts. I guess you could argue it is a function of the racing we now have and it's somethign which happens in other series, but the time differential between teams here was huge. Larger than most tracks and for that reason, it massively cost Button, and Alonso. Tbh I bet Vettel would have loved to start with Button too. He had a pretty boring race upto then so im sure he would have welcomed a little excitement for a lap or two :p

edit - But I realize I am probably more biased than I would admit and the safety car period should not be another opportunity to give Button a run at Vettel. Roles reversed, i'd probably love the SC rules :p

Vettel's next thing after the WDC is of course record amount of poles in a season (Mansell and 14????)

He can't take or match Schumachers podium and win success rate any more so I think the pole record is the only other one he can get this season? Apart from Abu Dhabi and maybe Korea where Lewis might challenge, Vettel could be on pole for every other event.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2011 02:18PM by chet.
Date: September 26, 2011 03:10PM
Posted by: marcl
I just watched the replay of when Nico hit Perez and I am actually shocked he did not get a drive through. He was over taken as he ran wide then slide into Perez and knocked him off the track, but passed him by doing this. Nico did not give the place back but it let him hold onto a place he lost due to his error.

Sorry but this deserved a penalty, had there been no run of at turn 1 Perez would have been in the wall!
Date: September 26, 2011 03:17PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Vettel's next thing after the WDC is of course record amount of poles in a season (Mansell and 14????)

Stuff like records for poles and wins in a season are basically untouchable. They were achieved under extreme circumstances that just cannot happen anymore. The fact he's even gotten this close is unreal.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 26, 2011 03:32PM
Posted by: Morbid
marcl Wrote:
> I just watched the replay of when Nico hit Perez
> and I am actually shocked he did not get a drive
> through. He was over taken as he ran wide then
> slide into Perez and knocked him off the track,
> but passed him by doing this. Nico did not give
> the place back but it let him hold onto a place he
> lost due to his error.
>
> Sorry but this deserved a penalty, had there been
> no run of at turn 1 Perez would have been in the
> wall!

Exactly my point. If anyone should being going apesh!t about the driving it should be Perez, as he was hit 3 times. Yet we have not heard a word from him. Also there are people that were far more deserving of punishment than Lewis, namely Nico and Perez (for the 1.56 lap behind the SC).

Thank you!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: September 26, 2011 04:15PM
Posted by: marcl
I also think this thing when a driver does something but then does not get a penalty as they go out as well should be carried over to the next race.

Example is Webber at Monza, yes webber can say Lewis sould have got a 5 place drop for what happened in quali, but he should have got one at Monza for messing up Massa's race. He did not get a drive through as he went off at the end of the lap, but tough that should not matter as it was his own fault.

Also what is this stuff that what happens in free pratice should not effect quali. Alonso in hungry years ago got a 10 place grid drop for brake testing someone, same race MS got one for passing under yellow flags. Webber should have got a grid penalty for the free practice crash.

Plus how many cars has MS hit this year and got away with it?

I am not saying Lewis should not have got a penalty btw, but Massa was ahead of him after this yet finished behind. Maybe massa is trying to take attention away from his driving. Massa has hit enough cars in his time in F1 :)

People are making it sound like Lewis his massa at 200mph, no he did not he simply messed up. He was trying to avoid the crash but locked a brake and slid into him you can see it on the reply. It was a small mistake that many have made this year.

Also why was Lewis cut tyre not replaced? Other have had theirs replaced for the same problem this year.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2011 04:23PM by marcl.
Date: September 26, 2011 04:18PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
DaveEllis Wrote:
> Vettel's next thing after the WDC is of course
> record amount of poles in a season (Mansell and
> 14????)
>
> Stuff like records for poles and wins in a season
> are basically untouchable. They were achieved
> under extreme circumstances that just cannot
> happen anymore. The fact he's even gotten this
> close is unreal.

Yeah, and if they are beaten it'll basically be because we have twenty races in a year now and not sixteen. So they are largely meaningless.
Date: September 26, 2011 04:29PM
Posted by: chet
DaveEllis Wrote:
> Stuff like records for poles and wins in a season
> are basically untouchable. They were achieved
> under extreme circumstances that just cannot
> happen anymore. The fact he's even gotten this
> close is unreal.

Perhaps... He certainly does not have the car advantage that Mansell or Schumacher had, at least he does not now, but as you say its amazing what Seb has done, and there is no reason why he can't be on pole for every of the remaining races.

If Pirelli do bring a qualifying tyre as once proposed I think we could see a car/driver combo being particularly good on Saturday. My example is Montoya and Michelin in 2002. Sure, nowhere near the record amount of poles, but the Williams was not the best car, and nor was Montoya the best driver. Seb has the best car, and right now is the best driver.

If RedBull bring another rocketship next year, he will only get better. The only thing to stop Vettel from taking these records are Mclaren and Alonso. All of which are not upto the job as things stand.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 26, 2011 05:49PM
Posted by: J i m
Vettel is definitely of the top drawer when it comes to drivers, he's simply been imense this year. But it's also the combination of him, Red Bull and Adrian Newey which is working out perfectly. I maintain that Alonso and Hamilton as drivers are equal to Vettel, but thier combination with their teams is not working as effectively as Vettel at Red Bull is.

At the moment I'd go as far to compare Vettel's situation to Jim Clark with, Colin Chapman at Lotus, Jackie Stewart with Tyrrell or Michael Schumacher with Brawn & Bryne at Ferrari, they're in a very good place and as formidable as their main rivals are, they're tripping over themselves in their efforts to simply keep up.

Date: September 26, 2011 06:18PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
i want to point out a couple of facts, which i would love to discuss. Pick whicheer you want:

1) Nobody is discussing how dominant (compared to Nico) Michael actually was. At one point he was 10-11 seconds behind him and cought him to less than 1 second before perez hit him. Before the mercedes second pit stop the gap was again relatively big (because nico pitted 2 or 3 laps earlier), but michael melted it down. It definately looks like a resurgance from michael. And not to mention the fact that he was .4 seconds faster than Nico in Q2

2) Vettel is fast, o doubt about that. But just think about it: Everyone is making extremely silly mistakes. Button in spa-qualy, Hamilton in Monaco Qualy (and in singapore as well), Webber messing 3 or 4 Poles which he could turn into victory. hungary with hamilton, germany with massa pit stop, Canada with hamilton again are just some of the examples where vettel could, should would have been pushed down the order, but because of stupid team/ driver mistakes (really stupid and amateur mistakes indeeeed) it didnt happen. So, are the drivers ew have really so good as we consider them. Hamilton is a pure montoya to me. Button a perfect example of a driver like Coulthard (although he quite improved in the last 3-4 races). Nico is getting beaten by a 42 years, 3 years not presented old retireee (singapore and briatain and germany just some of the examples), Alonso just like Alesi or Kimi in his mclaren days too fast, but stupid errors and inconsistent car. The situation now has so much in common with the 2002 and 2004 in my view, because the drivers we have are not, or at least do not show that world class of driving. Massa- NO COMMENT !

3) I CANT WAIT 4 SUZUKA !!!! can you ?
Date: September 26, 2011 07:12PM
Wow! Come on Felipe, lose with style:

____
Date: September 26, 2011 07:42PM
Posted by: gav
chet
It was more was it? 23 seconds or something? :p

But then why not him run 18 seconds up the road before they restart?

It was 18.507 to be exact. ;)

Though I agree of course. It was just a light-hearted way of saying, "well, you can't argue too hard if your man has been given a free 10 second advantage". :)
Date: September 26, 2011 07:52PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Well Schumacher's race was just the same old story for him this season. Fast pace (and he's been faster than Rosberg usually on Sundays) but wasted with an avoidable accident.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2011 07:52PM by SchueyFan.
Date: September 26, 2011 08:27PM
Posted by: alonso0506
ok didnt post something in ages but here we go

I think start was same for all and t1 beging very close. But Fernando got to p3 with lewis losing some places.

Till 1st pit stops vettel got quite a big gap to jenson and fernando lost a lot of time and had to defend to webber who past him somewhere down the drs zone if im right.

1st pit stops i noticed felipe got 2.9 wich is really fast i think.

Then the incident between Lewis and felipe.

Well its quite hard to judge but i think it was lewis fault on this one as he turned in slightly early to may have a run to nxt corner anyway this ruined both races as felipe looked really strong in my view.

Schumi catching Rosberg later on was nice to see. Also Both Force Indias in top10 with sutil and di resta. Both LRGP`s with shocking pace at back batteling with lotus lmao.

Rosberg and perez was luck cause if perez wouldnt have played safed we would have had a crash for sure.

Same lap schumi somehow thaught he is still in his glory days and launched into perez (its ok for trying but perez didnt do anything wrong in my view)

Saftey Car out and since both ferrari`s just pitted they lost out cause of that.

At end I really thaught jenson could have a chance but backmakers both held em up.

Sadly enough that vettel will be champ this year but he is dominating like schumi was back in ferrari.

Jenson with a great drive but webber once again paying for losing places at start.

Fernando not on podium for 1st time in singapore but im sure he gave it all but car aint good enough. also again poor felipe showing good pace in my view but got robbed.

Good one from both Force indias and perez got last point.

Poor Rubens and pastor looked like they get last point but williams is nowhere near what it was even last year.

At end The Grand Prix was good but i felt like the one piece was missing making this special one.

Cant wait for Suzuka wich will hopefully be another classic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And thats the bottom line cause Alonso0506 said so"
Date: September 26, 2011 09:02PM
Posted by: Slash
mitadumapaga Wrote:
> i want to point out a couple of facts, which i
> would love to discuss. Pick whicheer you want:
>
> 1) Nobody is discussing how dominant (compared to
> Nico) Michael actually was. At one point he was
> 10-11 seconds behind him and cought him to less
> than 1 second before perez hit him. Before the
> mercedes second pit stop the gap was again
> relatively big (because nico pitted 2 or 3 laps
> earlier), but michael melted it down. It
> definately looks like a resurgance from michael.
> And not to mention the fact that he was .4 seconds
> faster than Nico in Q2

Michael's been faster these last couple of races, consistently in Race, not so much in Qualy.. but he still made a bad mistake, i did noticed how close he got to Rosberg, after being so far behind.. it would've been nice to see where he could've ended, but no other than himself decided to wreck his own race.. it was bad, but he usually makes up for it, and we're heading to his favourite track so he should be very strong there

> 2) Vettel is fast, o doubt about that. But just
> think about it: Everyone is making extremely silly
> mistakes. Button in spa-qualy, Hamilton in Monaco
> Qualy (and in singapore as well), Webber messing 3
> or 4 Poles which he could turn into victory.
> hungary with hamilton, germany with massa pit
> stop, Canada with hamilton again are just some of
> the examples where vettel could, should would have
> been pushed down the order, but because of stupid
> team/ driver mistakes (really stupid and amateur
> mistakes indeeeed) it didnt happen. So, are the
> drivers ew have really so good as we consider
> them. Hamilton is a pure montoya to me. Button a
> perfect example of a driver like Coulthard
> (although he quite improved in the last 3-4
> races). Nico is getting beaten by a 42 years, 3
> years not presented old retireee (singapore and
> briatain and germany just some of the examples),
> Alonso just like Alesi or Kimi in his mclaren days
> too fast, but stupid errors and inconsistent car.
> The situation now has so much in common with the
> 2002 and 2004 in my view, because the drivers we
> have are not, or at least do not show that world
> class of driving. Massa- NO COMMENT !

the thing is, like Alonso said a couple of races ago... when you don't have the best car is always easier to choose the wrong strategy, to make mistakes and put yourself in those "situations"...

if you look at Schumacher's championships from 2000 to 2003 the order behind was usually different.. so yeah as boring as it is to see the same driver winning race after race, behind them there's usually an exciting battle going on, maybe because they're not as effective, but also because they don't have the tools to be either

> 3) I CANT WAIT 4 SUZUKA !!!! can you ?

i can't... i can predict a good strong Jenson, and Michael too
Date: September 26, 2011 10:33PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
The only point I need to make is that Hamilton has double the amount of points Massa has. Yes, they crashed, but Massa didn't need to throw his toys out of the pram, and should have concentrated on being quicker. Seriously, Ferrari need to consider his place at the end of the year as I don't really think he deserves another go in 2012. The problem with Hamilton is he needs to be a little more strategic. Ever since he proclaimed that he reminds himself of Senna, he's tried to be the same kind of driver. He really should consider canning the management company he's with and maybe try someone else.

On another note, I enjoyed the race. It was by no means an epic, but it was definitely viewer-friendly.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2011 10:40PM by Incident 2k9.
Date: September 27, 2011 09:19AM
Posted by: Gigi4
alonso0506 Wrote:
> 1st pit stops i noticed felipe got 2.9 wich is
> really fast i think.

too fast in my opinion, i think there was some sort of problem with time control tools

> DaveEllis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Vettel's next thing after the WDC is of course
> > record amount of poles in a season (Mansell and
> > 14????)
> >
> > Stuff like records for poles and wins in a
> season
> > are basically untouchable. They were achieved
> > under extreme circumstances that just cannot
> > happen anymore. The fact he's even gotten this
> > close is unreal.
>
> Yeah, and if they are beaten it'll basically be
> because we have twenty races in a year now and not
> sixteen. So they are largely meaningless.

Masnell did 14 pole out of 16 races [14/16 = 0,875]. If you want the same pole rate with 19 races you need 19 x 0,875 =16,675=17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy