Posted by andreigp4 
Re: 2011 Singapore GP **SPOILERS**
Date: September 24, 2011 05:11PM
Posted by: J i m
Well Q3 was pants.

Date: September 24, 2011 05:17PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
A perfect example of why Red Bull are winning this championship. It isn't just the car, it isn't just Vettel, it isn't just the team. It's everything. Ferrari and McLaren were busy dicking about, fighting each other for track position they didn't need, whilst Red Bull got Vettel the space he needed to get the job done.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 24, 2011 06:02PM
Posted by: Slash
dissapointed with Ferrari... too much talk and they've done nothing since 2008... sure they're "there", but they have stopped development during a season to conentrate on the next championship to start competitive and it has not got them anywhere, they are now sacrifying this season to do the same for next, first ot was the diffusers, then the double diffusers, Red Bull's wings, Mclaren's exhausts...

the truth is, you can start with a great car but if you can't keep up with Red Bull's and Mclaren's developements rates they won't compete with them in the near future...

fingers crossed for rain!
Date: September 24, 2011 09:03PM
Posted by: Monza972
Thing with Ferrari is that they need to have a constant development schedule through the whole season like Red Bull and McLaren do. If they just kept developing right through to the end of the season they'd know they're fast and they only need to tweak the car for next season. This is why RBR and McLaren are on it from the start of the season rather than coming alive from Silverstone onwards as Ferrari usually do.

2012 will be the 3rd revision of their car after the rule changes of 2009, where as Red Bull, McLaren have been developing the SAME car over and over.
Date: September 25, 2011 01:26AM
Posted by: chet
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A perfect example of why Red Bull are winning this
> championship. It isn't just the car, it isn't just
> Vettel, it isn't just the team. It's everything.
> Ferrari and McLaren were busy dicking about,
> fighting each other for track position they didn't
> need, whilst Red Bull got Vettel the space he
> needed to get the job done.

As i said before. Nobody can use the car as an example of why they are winning.

Mclaren and Ferrari have always made silly mistakes but they've never had competition before. Now they've got it, they are losing.

Yay for Jenson though :D:D:D:D:D!!

He's awful at Singapore so to beat Lewis in Q, even though he had a puncture, JB has been awesome :D!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 25, 2011 01:35AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Monza972 Wrote:
> 2012 will be the 3rd revision of their car after
> the rule changes of 2009, where as Red Bull,
> McLaren have been developing the SAME car over and
> over.

Monil mate

Nice to see you back

Gotta say though Mclaren have done exactly the same thing as Ferrari. They scrapped the 09 car and the 10 car and went for completely different designs

While RBR have developed the same car over the last 3 years

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: September 25, 2011 04:12PM
Posted by: andreigp4

Vettel on fire...yet again!

____
Date: September 25, 2011 04:37PM
Posted by: Morbid
Quite scary to see Vettel in action now. He has so much confidence atm that even bullets won't hurt him.

As for the Hamilton/Massa incident, I knew it was going to go bad even before they pitted. But I have a hard time seeing why that warranted a penalty. Surely it was no worse than what went down between Massa and Webber at Monza, or between Rosberg and Perez, where Perez only saved the collision from becoming a crash by jinking out of the corner and off the track. Yet none of these incidents led to any punishments.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: September 25, 2011 05:06PM
Posted by: jbnd05
Massa apparently shoved Hamilton in the press area. I thought Lewis' move was clumsy but Massa needs to keep a lid on it. JB drove a great race. When I think of my opinion of him as recently as four years ago, what he's done is unbelievable.

I finally got to watch a race live today and it just reinforced what a loss this level of coverage will be. The relationships that the team have throughout the pit lane really make the programme. Being a BBC F1 pundit looks like the best job in the world, frankly.

Date: September 25, 2011 05:19PM
Massa to the press:

Massa
My thoughts are that, again, I told you yesterday that he cannot use his mind

Massa
It is important that FIA is looking and penalising him all the time he is going in the car because he cannot think about it

So Massa want the FIA to punish Lewis every session?!? I think that spring did more damage to Massa's head than expected. I mean come on... It is not like he squeezed him into the wall and over grass, like certain other drivers like to do.

Date: September 25, 2011 05:20PM
Martin Whitmarsh is currently talking an amazing amount of bullsh*t on BBC. Actually stunned he's still doing this interview given how Brundle just manipulated him into giving an answer we all know is full of sh*t.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 25, 2011 05:26PM
Would you care to elaborate for us that do not have BBC?

Date: September 25, 2011 05:35PM
They were discussing the incident and Brundle was grilling him regarding Lewis driving standards. Whitmarsh said that Lewis did not deserve a penalty (this point is up for debate, however my opinion on it is not important), and Brundle then said "Well, if Massa had driven into Lewis and taken the tyre of the rim, would you want him to get a penalty?" to which Whitmarsh replied "Yes, I would" before realising what he said. He then went to backtrack and clarifiy it before Brundle interupted and said "Well, isn't that what happened to Lewis? He got a penalty for it?" And Whitmarsh went into his trademark damage control mode and laughed and said "I'm hardly the best person to ask am I?"

He's just such a slimey lying bastard, and always has been.

As for the incident, I don't agree with penalising drivers for racing. Accidents happen in racing and always will. But in this case I agree with the penalty because it wasn't a racing incident, it was just Lewis being a moron. He just turned into a car that was already there. Had he taken his front wing off and Massa had continued without issue then I would say no penalty. However Lewis' stupidity caused Massa a massive drop in positions, whilst not hurting himself anywhere near as much. So in this case I do agree with a penalty.

Stefano Dominacali was lying on the BBC as well. He said after Lewis was penalised that he came out in front of Massa, which isn't true. He came out behind Massa and passed him again later.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 25, 2011 05:38PM
PS that race was dull. I don't really know why, but I didn't really enjoy it.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 25, 2011 05:38PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
> They were discussing the incident and Brundle was
> grilling him regarding Lewis driving standards.
> Whitmarsh said that Lewis did not deserve a
> penalty (this point is up for debate, however my
> opinion on it is not important), and Brundle then
> said "Well, if Massa had driven into Lewis and
> taken the tyre of the rim, would you want him to
> get a penalty?" to which Whitmarsh replied "Yes, I
> would" before realising what he said.

That is pretty funny!

> As for the incident, I don't agree with penalising
> drivers for racing. Accidents happen in racing and
> always will. But in this case I agree with the
> penalty because it wasn't a racing incident, it
> was just Lewis being a moron. He just turned into
> a car that was already there. Had he taken his
> front wing off and Massa had continued without
> issue then I would say no penalty. However Lewis'
> stupidity caused Massa a massive drop in
> positions, whilst not hurting himself anywhere
> near as much. So in this case I do agree with a
> penalty.

In the same way, you of course think Massa should have been penalized at Monza?

Date: September 25, 2011 05:51PM
I have to admit, I don't remember an incident, apart from Webber and Massa (if there was another one then correct me), then no I don't think Massa deserved a penalty given Mark ran wide then turned right into Massas car, in an overtaking move that was completely impossible in the first place.

But then again this is the story of Webbers year and Massas career.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 25, 2011 05:57PM
The picture indeed looks damning, but that was not what happened at all, as can clearly be seen in this youtube video

Webber gets in front of Massa into the braking zone, gets room to turn in, but as you can see from Massa's positioning, he never gave Webber any room to get into T2. Thus Webber had no choice but to go on the curb. It had nothing to do with Webber outbraking himself, as can be seen from the proper entry into T1. Massa just expected Webber to disappear into thin air. That of course could not happen, and Webber bottomed out on the curb, lost control and connected with Massa. That cost Webber his front wing, and later the race. Massa was relatively unharmed.

If you doubt that is true, then look at the 10 second mark, where you can see that Massa is WAY over to the left, towards Webber, compared to the cars in front of him.

That IMHO fits very well with your reasoning for punishing Hamilton.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2011 06:02PM by Morbid.
Date: September 25, 2011 06:00PM
Posted by: Slash
Jenson¡s flying!, great driver.. must be hard for Hamilton to have to apologize every race and see Jenson take all the glory from the team.. this second half of the season has been amazing from Jenson!, i want to know where this leads
Date: September 25, 2011 06:07PM
Michael has received a reprimand for his accident with Perez. I guess it pays off well to chat with Jean Todt right after the incident.

Date: September 25, 2011 06:24PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Morbid Wrote:
> So Massa want the FIA to punish Lewis every
> session?!? I think that spring did more damage to
> Massa's head than expected. I mean come on... It
> is not like he squeezed him into the wall and over
> grass, like certain other drivers like to do.

Well his point was more that Lewis has been penalised repeatedly, and keeps driving like an idiot, so should the FIA consider further action to stop him.

This interview seems to have been just after their confrontation, so I guess Massa's mind was racing and he wasn't really formulating his sentences extremely well in what's obviously not his native tongue either. He had every right to be frustrated after what happened.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2011 07:03PM by SchueyFan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy