Raikkonen to Williams?

Posted by danm 
Re: Raikkonen + Williams? / Rosberg + Ferrari?
Date: November 01, 2011 02:53PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
danm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Other drivers seems to waltz past him on their
> day, yet Schumacher seems to be able to fend for
> himself.

Well that's probably because of their respective qualifying performances rather than anything else.

Anyway, you wouldn't have thought Rosberg could hold back Hamilton for so many laps at Monza like Schumacher did. He's a little more passive, and Schumacher's probably the most aggressive out there, which exaggerates the difference in styles between them.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 01, 2011 03:11PM
Posted by: danm
Very true.

I never thought about a Massa/Rosberg swap though.

The way Ferrari are being quoted at the moment make it sound like they are hesitant to 'honour Massa's contract for 2012'.

As though they are doing it because it was promised, not sounding at all like they are keen to, more so they 'have to'.

Maybe I am reading it incorrectly.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: November 01, 2011 03:22PM
Massa's pace has actually been quite good in recent rounds, and probably the best it's been all year, it's just he's getting caught up in too many incidents (most of them not being his fault).

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 01, 2011 07:48PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
At the other end, Charles Pic is being linked with a move to Virgin, who also wish to delete the Virgin name for just Marussia Racing.

Yes, the Pic rumour is on the Joe Saward blog, but there's not really many others to talk about. The market has been a bit stagnant the last couple of years.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Re: Raikkonen to Williams?
Date: November 03, 2011 03:03PM
[www.inautonews.com]

Ohhh yeah! The truth will be out sooner or later! :D

Date: November 03, 2011 03:38PM
Posted by: Isaint
I could see kimi at williams but as stated already, it would only be out of desperation on both parties. As stated by Jim and I agree whole heartedly. The question is why? Williams, short of finding and employing Adrian Newey's clone are probably not going to make too many leap forwards for some time. Kimi wont help, he's not that sort of driver. Give him the car all packaged for battle and he'll drive the wheels off of it but anything less and he'll just 'clockin' 'clock out' and find the nearest night club ..... good luck on that one.

I dont think Rosberg is going any where ... German driver, German team, why? He's comfortable with the team and Shumi or at least that is what he has implied. What is the point in going some where else to start over. Money will not play a factor as I dont believe that there will be that much bidding over him. Not that he is not good because he is but the teams that would probably negotiate already have thier slots filled.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2011 03:38PM by Isaint.
Date: November 03, 2011 05:43PM
An announcement in Abu Dhabi would be logical due to the Qatari connection, although it may be just some journalists using logic rather than any truth.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 03, 2011 05:48PM
Posted by: EC83
I don't think it's desperation on either side. Kimi would clearly like to be driving in F1 again, with the emphasis on the driving bit. Williams would be crazy not to jump at the chance of having a driver of his calibre in one of their cars.
From what I can see it would be a win win situation for everybody if it happens.

Date: November 03, 2011 08:17PM
EC83 Wrote:
> I don't think it's desperation on either side.
> Kimi would clearly like to be driving in F1 again,
> with the emphasis on the driving bit. Williams
> would be crazy not to jump at the chance of having
> a driver of his calibre in one of their cars.
> From what I can see it would be a win win
> situation for everybody if it happens.

Your right desperation is probably the wrong word. And I would say that williams definitely need a driver of some caliber but I 'm sorry if this disappoints but I don't really think that kimi will set the track on fire.
Yes he wants to drive but only because he's made a mess of rallying .... and he wasn't that missed from F1 (none too reliable ).
Don't really see the benefit to williams, app-art from, another Shumacher scenario i.e. slow car quick driver.

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2011 11:06AM by Isaint.
Date: November 04, 2011 03:15PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
I'm biased, because I'm a fan of the dude, and while I agree that he is sort of a plug and play driver, I think he will help whatever team he is in in different ways. Next year, Williams will be using Renault (now Lotus I guess) engines, which should improve a lot already. They also have a new technical director, which if I'm not mistaken is the same dude at Ferrari back in 2007. Now, even if the car is only capable of consitent top 10 finishes, you can bet that Raikkonen will be able to put that car on the podium at some time during the season, one way or the other. And a podium is something that Williams haven't seen in a long time.

Apart from that, I remember someone at Ferrari saying that Raikkonen wasn't that bad at giving feedback...in fact it was said that while he spoke little, often it was very good direction in what was wrong with the car. The issue at Ferrari IMO was that Schumacher was still very much involved in things, and in 2008 specially, he was helping Massa way more. We all know how important it is to be the one liked inside Ferrari. Just see what Alonso has done there. The team was Massa at one point, and now they don't even care too much about him. Anyway, I continue to say that I just want to see him back. Even on the years where he had a bad car, he always produced some entertaining races.
Date: November 04, 2011 06:37PM

Date: November 05, 2011 02:03AM
danm Wrote:
> [i265.photobucket.com]
> /kimireturns.jpg

LOL

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: November 05, 2011 03:57AM
Posted by: J i m
Renault engines will still be Renault engines and branded as such. "Lotus" have no involvement in the engines and nor does the Enstone based team as it is now longer owned by Renault and hasn't been for the past 2 seasons. They are a Renault customer, as are Red Bull, Caterham (team Lotus) and soon to be Williams.

Renault have been soley an engine supplier in F1 for 2 years now.

Date: November 05, 2011 03:18PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
[en.espnf1.com]

Ooooooooooooooohoohoohohohooooooh.
Date: November 05, 2011 04:02PM
If you ask me, the Raikkonen deal is likely to be for one year onlly.

Even then, one season is a WIN for Williams. Sponsors. An ex champ. Media. It's good for them (and Frank) if he decides to sell, also.

But for Kimi... it is also a win.

Everything is shifting around after the 2012 season, and I think this is Kimi's way of seeing what he has left in him, and if he still has it, what he can do in regards to 2013.

If he sucks, he will suck in an expected midfield team. Nothing really to lose, but everything to gain. P10 qualifying will be a WIN for Williams or Kimi.

But...

There are spaces at more or less EVERY team when the 2012 flag closes, and if Kimi put's in a respectable season in the Williams, I think his eyes are sitting further in hope of a better team realising he has it still and signing him on.

I am thinking his eyes are surely on Red Bull in Webbers seat; or Lewis' at McLaren.

Date: November 05, 2011 04:38PM
So they're in talks with Bianchi too...looks like neither current driver will be staying.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
Date: November 05, 2011 04:47PM
Posted by: J i m
Well Ravioli Maldonaldo is safe as long as PDVSA or whatever it is stay.

Date: November 05, 2011 05:42PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
@#$%& pay drivers. If they get the Dubai backing and media interest in Raikkonen, they won't NEED Maldonado.
Date: November 05, 2011 07:48PM
what is maldonados contract? Has his presence even confirmed, other than sponsorship? If pdvsa leave, or are bought out, he leaves, right?

Date: November 05, 2011 10:58PM
I'd imagine Ferrari might pay a bit to get Bianchi a seat...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy