Raikkonen to Williams?

Posted by danm 
Poor Rubens !!
[www.inautonews.com]

Well that would certainly cover the funding aspect to pull Kimi in.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
More progress and words on the street folks. i just soiled myself a little!

Seems as though Uncle Franky Boy has been to the Arab states to sign up some sponsors - and pending those, out comes Kimi's contract paid for.

It isn't going to make him a race winner, but when you see what Alonso did with the dogged renault years, it makes your mouth water.

Williams live by an insanely small budget. If they can get some income back to fund their R&D department, this can only be a wonderful thing.

[www.grandprix.com]

[www.f1sa.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2011 05:12PM by danm.
Re: Kimi Raikkonen visits Williams Formula 1 team Didcot factory
Date: October 25, 2011 06:28PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Yes but the source of that last link was none other than the highly reputable and completely trustworthy Taki Inoue. LoL.

Still, would be interesting. Goodbye to Rubens though, and we're stuck with the average-looking Maldonado.
I hope he comes back. Then I can start watching F1 again :D Right now it's too boring without him :)
Kimi's return is looking more and more likely and I hope it will happend :)
Kimi has a massive article in F1 Racing's November Issue, and also some bits on the history of Williams.

He looks pretty bloody happy, which is unusual for him in interviews. Also makes a note about apparant discussions RE: PR Days, and that Kimi allegedly has opened up to agreeing more PR days than he has done for any other year of racing.

Surely, this must be all but signed behind closed doors?

Why is he so calm and cheery? He knows he is back! :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2011 10:24PM by danm.
Date: October 25, 2011 11:48PM
That would be... Kimi, Nando, Lewis, Jenson, Michael and Vettel - six champions on the grid next year. Epic.
yeah every champion since the turn of the decade. Pretty impressive.

There's only been one champion since the turn of the decade. ;)
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's only been one champion since the turn of
> the decade. ;)

LoL, true... ;)

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
I meant millenium. Not sure why i put decade :S

If true, that would be pretty awesome. Of course, that is assuming that Kimi has re-discovered his motivation. His recent underwhelming escapades in other disciplines can't have hurt too much.

This would be awesome.

gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If Raikkonen turned down Renault there is no way
> in hell he is going to join what is currently the
> worst of the established teams in F1.

Regarding Kimi not being interested in returning to F1 unless it's with a top team, I'm not so sure. Kimi always seemed to say that his ambition in F1 was to win the title once but not necessarily any more than once, and his decline in form after winning in 2007 would fit in with that. So if he did come back, I think it'd just be for the enjoyment of driving and racing the car, in which case I think the idea of returning with a team like Williams would be an attractive one to him, since he wouldn't be expected to win with them, so the pressure would be off him too.
Also, he's had a break from F1 for a while now while he's been away rallying, so maybe he naturally feels the time is right to check out F1 again.

This is all adding up pretty sweetly at the moment.

I don't think Kimi's form really dropped much after 2007, it was more just that Massa's career trajectory had more room for improvement than Kimi.

In 2007, Massa was ahead after 10 races, and in 2008, Kimi was ahead after 11 races. So it's not as though Kimi was dominant in 2007 and then slacked off. At the end of 2007, Kimi had a great run, and at the end of 2008, Massa had a great run.

X (@ed24f1)
Williams have their hand in a lot of pies across motorsport right now. They are a far better prospect than the likes of Renault/Lotus with their unstable future and commitment as the team changes hands.

Williams isn't going anywhere soon - it is a business built purely for motorsport. The only thing that'll wipe them out always involves investment.

With Quatar money and serious funding, they can just get on with it, as they always have done.

In a move almost as hilarious as Autosport's legendary exclusive announcement of the Ford Super Team, PlanetF1 have boldly announced that Kimi Raikkonen has signed to race for Williams Renault for 2012.

In true Kimi style the F1 fraternity at large were unavailable for comment although vodka and ice cream sales have reportedly gone through the roof.

Date: October 27, 2011 08:01PM
Link: [www.planetf1.com]-

I still say it's bollocks until confirmed by someone other than Taki Inoue or "some dude on the ground in India".
that's funny ... only here that i read rubens will not be on the grid in 2012. these are not the news coming out in the brazilian media. first of all, williams has to improve (a lot) your car (chassis). we have to admit that the FW33 is not even enough for half a grid (as forceindia). the FW33 is a crap... is a flying brick and if technical staff does not change all, everything will continue the same this year (bottom of the grid).

the rumor is: rubens can go to the Lotus Renault (not the Caterham) because it does not have drivers with experience who can lead the team (Senna? Petrov?). there would be a temporary contract as to Heidfeld. (Y)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
That seems plausible.

Clearly, based on free practice today, Petrov and Senna don't exactly love each other. I think Senna's done enough to ruffle Petrov's feathers, and Petrov was expecting to coast to the end of the season as team leader. Either way, the on track language today wasn't good.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy