2011 German GP **SPOILERS**

Posted by truecrysis 
2011 German GP **SPOILERS**
Date: July 22, 2011 12:29PM
Posted by: truecrysis
Well once again noone has started this one so i will start it again, unless noone really wants them ;)

Back at nurburgring this year in the german rotation, preferences of this track over hockenheim? I honestly still prefer the new hockenheim.
Start finish line moves 240m down the straight because of the amount of drivers, probably wont make much difference, but shorter run to turn 1
Trulli ousted from his seat by Chandok, who was going to be in for the indian GP anyway, possibility of him staying in his seat until then?

Track map:

FP1 has already happened, with alonso heading the 2 red bulls, then massa, then the 2 mclarens.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Re: 2011 German GP **SPOILERS**
Date: July 22, 2011 03:34PM
Posted by: mortal
Webber quickest FP2. Woo. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: July 22, 2011 04:35PM
Posted by: senninho
...and Chandhok already within 0.5s of Heikki. Isn't that where Trulli's been for most of the season?

Date: July 22, 2011 04:49PM
Webber and alonso looking decent to outpace vettel again, *hopefully*
Chandok within 0.5s of heikki? 2.3s in FP1 and 1.5 in FP2, not sure how its 0.5s ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2011 04:50PM by truecrysis.
Date: July 22, 2011 05:11PM
Posted by: senninho
truecrysis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> not sure how its 0.5s ;-)

It's easy when you don't read the times properly ;)

Date: July 22, 2011 05:13PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
It also would've been embarrassing for Ricciardo to be well behind Karthikeyan in FP1!

Anyway, it looks like another interesting battle between Red Bull and Ferrari this year. Mercedes look good again on one lap pace, but I'm not so sure about their longer run pace.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 22, 2011 06:42PM
Posted by: kubica2
i expected mclaren to be on pace again after the blown diffuser rules reverting to pre silverstone. but looks like they arent doing as good a job as ferrari anyway. or it could just be the alonso factor, and button and hamilton fading.
Date: July 23, 2011 07:05AM
Posted by: shep34
Ricciardo had some bad luck with a blown engine, so I don't think we can read too much into his lack of pace, in the slowest car on the track. As for Karthikeyan, wonder how many dollars of talent he has spent to get his bum in a seat this weekend? Money talks, his presence on the grid clearly proves it....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Date: July 23, 2011 11:07AM
Money always talks in some teams for drivers im afraid, and karthikeyan in hispania probably does represent money, but in all honest hispania need it, and he's only been replaced by ricciardo at the request of red bull. Money talked for hulkenberg and maldonado if im not mistaken, but chandok is slightly different. Him getting the test seat might be money, but his contract means that Lotus have to give him a shot at a race seat at some point, probably more than just at indian GP.
Well thats just as i see it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2011 11:07AM by truecrysis.
Date: July 23, 2011 12:12PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
I think Chandhok deserves a seat next year. He really hasn't been given a fair crack at F1.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: July 24, 2011 02:01PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
This should be a good race!!!

Timo Glock looks like Noah Wyle (Carter on ER). Anyone notice?

[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2011 02:01PM by loque.
Date: July 24, 2011 04:35PM
Posted by: EC83
Brilliant all weekend from Lewis, that really was a sweet performance. The move around the outside of Alonso was fantastic even if it did rely on Alonso having a slow moment.

Awesome action altogether from the frontrunners all afternoon, and refreshing to see Vettel not being part of that battle for once.

Date: July 24, 2011 04:58PM
Posted by: alonso0506
Well what can i say great Race today from Fernando,Lewis and Mark also Felipe for keeping Vettel behind all race but bad luck at pit stop ment that vettel got a lucky p4 after he was crap all race long. Poor Heidfeld gets smashed off by buemi who clearly pushed him there and closed too late. Also bad luck for Michael who could have been 6th but Great drive from Adrian with p6 really great job by him.

Funny thing was both v. and schumi loosing the car at same spot on that piece of grass.

At end All of these 3 could have won the race and they were in a league of their own.

Also finally we got to see a driver picking up another for so long time with Fernando and mark after the ferrari of fernando stopped just after s2.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And thats the bottom line cause Alonso0506 said so"
Date: July 24, 2011 06:01PM
Posted by: Carlitox
I was mad at Felipe's crew after that pitstop. Have you realised that almost all the failed pitstops in 2011 in Ferrari are from Massa's crew?

Buemi should've been penalised, he took Nick out in a desperate action. And for Lewis, well, that's how he must keep driving and he may have chances for more wins.

EDIT: Buemi will be penalised in Hungary Source

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2011 06:15PM by Carlitox.
Date: July 24, 2011 06:14PM
Posted by: Twigster151
Carlitox Wrote:
> I was mad at Felipe's crew after that pitstop.
> Have you ever realised that almost all the failed
> pitstops in 2011 in Ferrari are from Massa's
> crew?
>
> Buemi should've been penalised, he took Nick out
> in a desperate action.
And for Lewis, well, that's
> how he must keep driving and he may have chances
> for more wins.

Don't worry he has been penalised.

Buemi handed five place grid drop for Hungary

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2011 06:15PM by Twigster151.
Date: July 24, 2011 06:16PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Yes, I was editing my post while you were writing yours ;)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: July 24, 2011 06:18PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
A very good race. It's always special when you get three different teams fighting for a race win.

It was very disappointing that Ferrari screwed up in the pits as Massa drove a terrific race. How many points do the team want to lose him this year... Also, this gave Vettel the record for the best ever start to a season, so it was a pity he got it in such an easy way.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 24, 2011 06:38PM
Posted by: davidm
I don't think he has the best start? Schumacher was 225 points in the new format after 10 races in 2004. He had also won 9/10 not 6/10.
Date: July 24, 2011 06:42PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Carlitox Wrote:

> Buemi should've been penalised, he took Nick out
> in a desperate action.

I just don't think he saw him.
Date: July 24, 2011 08:31PM
Just watched it now, a bit late i know. Great race once again, great to see a fight with the some guys that arent vettel, even the mercedes drivers i believe

Strange incident i have to say for buemi, but i think he just didnt seem to see heidfeld, nothing malicious really, but heidfeld getting a penalty for the start incident probably comes down to "no racing incidents allowed", which is a bit over the top?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy