Future of Melbourne GP in doubt

Posted by mortal 
Future of Melbourne GP in doubt
Date: July 22, 2011 11:41AM
Posted by: mortal
The future of the Australian Formula One Grand Prix in Melbourne could be in jeopardy after the Victorian Government revealed it cost taxpayers $50.2 million this year.
Read all about it.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Future of Melbourne GP in doubt
Date: July 22, 2011 11:56AM
Posted by: LeeBeau
I think I've read a similar article for the last 5 years now. It would be a shame if it was cut though, I love it and it should be the 1st race of the season again (as it was this year ;) )

"In 1996, taxpayers paid about $1.7 million and in 2000, the cost was $3.9 million." Ecclestone wins.
Date: July 22, 2011 12:32PM
Posted by: truecrysis
Yeh i thought i had seen this before, but hopefully not as its a really great track, and should be the track that opens the season as it used to

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: July 22, 2011 06:55PM
Posted by: kubica2
50.2 million % by about 5 million people = about $10 a year per person. or more realistically about $20 a year for the people that actually pay income tax. most tax paying people can afford that over 1 year, it is 40c a week, when many pay over $500 a week for rent and $100 a week for alcohol, and dine out at resteraunts every week.
An easy way to make the money, is with the voluntary tax that is "Speeding fines" take 0.5% of every fine issued and it will pay for the event.
$50 million is not a lot of money for Victoria, this is just political, and the opposing sides will want the race gone. but having the race is better then not having the race for the state, so it will stay, unless 1 or 2 up-etty poleticians get there way to try to further their career ahead of 5 million people.
Date: July 22, 2011 08:28PM
Posted by: loren
!@#$% Bernie & co killing another good track. I can't believe the FIA let them do this, they've given away all their power to the commercial interests.
Date: July 26, 2011 10:03PM
Posted by: Guimengo
If Bernie would allow tracks to receive any kind of money from the ads placed all over them this would definitely not be happening. Tracks only make money from ticket sales and income from food/beverages, while FOM makes money from absolutely everything else, it's ridiculous.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy