Kubica - videos and photo of him in his current state!

Posted by kubica2 
this is it, finally some photos and video of kubica after his crash. lets not forget he lost about 5 litres of blood and nearly died, so dont be shocked by what you see.

video on this page:
[www.fakt.pl]

27 photos here:
[www.fakt.pl]

kubicas mangled arm:
[www.fakt.pl]

It seems he is due for another operation, to remove some growths that have occured on his arm.

looks to me like he is doing very well for the seriousness of the accident. he looks like a broken man at the moment, but all the ingredients are there for a successfull recovery, the movement in the arm will take the longest and probably will never be 100% or even 80%, but at least he still has the arm. will be interesting to look at these photos in one year and see the amazingness of how a human body can recover from such trauma.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2011 08:39AM by kubica2.
Re: Kubica - videos and photo of him in his current state!
Date: June 14, 2011 10:09PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
none of those links work :(
Re: Kubica - videos and photo of him in his current state!
Date: June 14, 2011 10:10PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Found bits of them actually. Can't find the vids though.
links now fixed
I'll find it amazing if he's as good as he was. He'll have been mentally and psychologically damaged, as well as physically.

Just hope I'm wrong, though.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
yeah, the physical recovery is just one part of the equation...

i wish Robert good luck on his complete recovery
It sure does not look like he will be testing a car on a friday practice session, as has been repeatedly stated in the press. But it might do him good in his recovery to have that goal and the impression that it is possible.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
I fear he'll never return to F1.
Here's an interesting tweet about Kubica's future from an unbiased source, unlike his manager.

Martin Brundle
Robert Kubica can move right wrist but not yet fingers or elbow. He's remembering Spa quali 2010 driving 70% of lap with one hand on F duct

Honestly, I think Kubica won't be able to return at the same level, but anything is possible. They developed hand controls for Zanardi after his crash, so it's possible that they could develop something to help Kubica as well.

X (@ed24f1)
Brundle said during qualifying (or it might have been FP3) that Kubica could use his fingers, just not yet his thumb, and was due to undergo another operation next month.
my father had a mildly similar accident to the hand (not a racing accident, a workplace accident with machinery) in the 70s in Poland. it was different medical practices back then, but similar repair times for torn muscles, ligiments and nerves to regain control, he was attending rehab 3 times a week. he hardly had any feeling in his hand for a whole year, he only regained about 70% feeling, but his operation wasnt as good as what kubica would have received, they actually did a messy job of it.

If Kubica can regain 75% that will be enough to drive, they have driven one hand through turns in f1 before, like with the f-duct, and when they had manual shifting.

From Polish websites, i have gathered that he can move his fingers, thought slowly for now, and it seems most of his broken bones are healing fast.

The operation brundle was refering to was for some growths on his upper arm or elbow, and is mainly a cosmetic operation.

It is still positive for a near full recovery. The only problem will be the length of time, and will renault wait that long? and without his technical assistance, renault could slip back in the title fight in the next year or 2, this could be bad for kubica as he would return to a worse team ten what renault was last year.
Yes, he maybe able to drive, but considering the nature of F1, it makes it very difficult. I mean that the difference between a nearly-man and greatness can be only a few tenths of a second per lap. It's easy to lose perspective of this, but this is really a very small margin, and even if he loses 0.1% or something of performance, that's very significant.

X (@ed24f1)
yes, well they all could have lost 0.1% performance last year when operating f-ducts. Kubica has real talent which not every driver on the grid has. theres a reason Button is consistently .3 of a second per lap behind hamilton in qualifying and in races nearly every race - talent, or lack of, some drivers just do not have as much speed as others.
I think kubica can do it. hes had bad accidents before and came back just as strong mentally.
Its all speculation for now.
I certainly hope his injuries will not have any impact on his quickness around a track as he is one of the best drivers in the current F1 circus and has so much raw speed and ability.
i don't want to bring anything negative, i kept avoiding this thread because i never wanted to express my feeling on this topic, but imho, if Kubica can sit in the car is only one part of the puzzle, the hand is a very important part of every driver speed, or probably the most... it's not just to turn the wheel right or left, the feet are there to brake and accelerate, but the hand gives the driver confidence, equilibrium, feeling, precision (probably the most important), control.... there's a big reason why Zanardi managed to keep racing, (in lower categories of course) with just his hands

i hope Robert recovers 100% i really do, but i reckon he will need to have 100% feeling in his hands if he's to perform at the same level he was before, and time is passing by and i wonder will he ever be fully recovered?, science, as advanced as it is cannot replicate some of the natural stuff we're born with and from what i read his hand was badly destroyed with tendons and all..., medics and surgeons claim they made a great recovery on his hand, but at what standards?, aesthetics?, physical?, cosmetically?... unfortunately is a very difficult situation for everybody, Robert, Reanult... and of course being a bit egoistical on one's part, most of us will probably think he'll make recovery when we see him inside an F1 car competing again, but the truth is for his family, his girlfriend, friends, he's doing great and they saved his life, which at the end is more important.. i'm sure we'll see Robert competing again, and he'll enjoy it, in F1?.. time will tell

also i'd like to add, it seems people around are pushing for his return, not sure if his manager, doctors or what.. but atm i think that's not being handled correctly... they're just feeding his desire to return, and setting it up as a "goal" for him.. not fair, even if doctors say what they want, nobody will know whether he'll be good enough to drive an F1 car until he's good enough to compete... and let's be honest, even if he's "just" .5 tenths slower, that won't bee good enough for any team to keep him long..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2011 01:34AM by Slash.
Slash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i don't want to bring anything negative, i kept
> avoiding this thread because i never wanted to
> express my feeling on this topic, but imho, if
> Kubica can sit in the car is only one part of the
> puzzle, the hand is a very important part of every
> driver speed, or probably the most... it's not
> just to turn the wheel right or left, the feet are
> there to brake and accelerate, but the hand gives
> the driver confidence, equilibrium, feeling,
> precision (probably the most important),
> control.... there's a big reason why Zanardi
> managed to keep racing, (in lower categories of
> course) with just his hands
>
> i hope Robert recovers 100% i really do, but i
> reckon he will need to have 100% feeling in his
> hands if he's to perform at the same level he was
> before, and time is passing by and i wonder will
> he ever be fully recovered?, science, as advanced
> as it is cannot replicate some of the natural
> stuff we're born with and from what i read his
> hand was badly destroyed with tendons and all...,
> medics and surgeons claim they made a great
> recovery on his hand, but at what standards?,
> aesthetics?, physical?, cosmetically?...
> unfortunately is a very difficult situation for
> everybody, Robert, Reanult... and of course being
> a bit egoistical on one's part, most of us will
> probably think he'll make recovery when we see him
> inside an F1 car competing again, but the truth is
> for his family, his girlfriend, friends, he's
> doing great and they saved his life, which at the
> end is more important.. i'm sure we'll see Robert
> competing again, and he'll enjoy it, in F1?.. time
> will tell
>
> also i'd like to add, it seems people around are
> pushing for his return, not sure if his manager,
> doctors or what.. but atm i think that's not being
> handled correctly... they're just feeding his
> desire to return, and setting it up as a "goal"
> for him.. not fair, even if doctors say what they
> want, nobody will know whether he'll be good
> enough to drive an F1 car until he's good enough
> to compete... and let's be honest, even if he's
> "just" .5 tenths slower, that won't bee good
> enough for any team to keep him long..

Kubica is a lot more confident on his return then you are reading all the reports last week with comments from him. he says his recovering is well on schedule and isnt too affected mentally, sounds like he is very hungry to return as soon as he can. he hasnt set a date, but hearing his comments instead of his managers comments makes it seem more likely that he will actually return.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy