If Webber Retires... That Coveted No.2 Red Bull spot goes to...

Posted by danm 
@Chet:
I strongly believe the 2 drivers in the field who must be given a competitive car are Nico Rosberg and Kamui Kobayashi. If there's a seat at McLaren or Ferrari these two guys need to go.

@LeeBeau:
Senna only had 19 fastest laps in his career which means they mean nothing.
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @LeeBeau:
> Senna only had 19 fastest laps in his career which
> means they mean nothing.

oh trust me i think he sucks and should not be in f1 but atleast he's got SOMEthing on vettel so he's not that bad.
LeeBeau Wrote:

> oh trust me i think he sucks and should not be in
> f1 but atleast he's got SOMEthing on vettel so
> he's not that bad.

shows you are a lame f1 fan that doesnt appreciate driver talent at all. webber may be having a hard time now compared to his teammate (first time in his f1 career actually, and coincidently when he is having many mechanical problems with his car), but he has constantly beaten his teammates in f1 in inferior cars. even in the redbull car, he has the best driver in the world as teammate and he still won 4 races last year and nearly won the championship. in his years in inferior cars like minardi, jaguar and williams, he often outdrove the car (especially in qualifying, and at drivers circuits like monaco). if you hate him, then good for you, but you cant deny he has talent for this sport. if you saw his dominating performances in junior formulae in australia then you wouldnt be making your smart-alec comments. put 7-times world champion schumacher in webbers redbull seat and he would be further behind vettel then webber is. you do not appreciate the amazing form vettel is which makes him the best driver in f1 at the moment.
kubica2 Wrote:
> nearly won the championship.

but he stuffed it in the wall. he'd been complaining the whole time even though he led the championship. i don't really hate anybody, he's had some really fantastic races where i've rooted for him (even this season) but imo he just doesn't deserve a seat in the best car on the grid after last year, that's all i meant, don't be pmsing over my random opinion.

>you cant deny he has talent for this sport

when did i do that? i wrote in my previous post that he has 4 fastest laps this year against vettel's none. they might not mean anything in terms of who's going home with the victory but it's a stat i bet no one would mind having.

>and he would be further behind vettel then webber is

fanboy-rage is fun but your argument is about as valid as someone saying schumacher could beat vettel, those arguments go nowhere and are completely pointless.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2011 08:38PM by LeeBeau.
You just said "oh trust me i think he sucks and should not be in f1 but atleast he's got SOMEthing on vettel so he's not that bad." Does'nt make much sense and well wide of the mark.
ok soz u win :( i now think he's good

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2011 10:34PM by LeeBeau.
rumours rife about Ferrari sniffing around JB management...

now THAT's a tough decision to take. Stay at Macca, or jump to Ferrari.

I think he will (and he'd be foolish not to) push to extend his career through at McLaren.

I can genuinely see him playing the perfect number 2 like Coulthard until he hangs up his helmet.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2011 02:13PM by danm.
Well those latest rumours are from News of the World, so I think we should take them with a grain of salt!

Button's proven he can outthink and beat Hamilton, so I think he would be wise to stay there.

X (@ed24f1)
Well autosport is reporting that Jenson is to be given a new contract at Mclaren in the coming weeks

So yeah a bit of quality journalism there from the News of the World

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Of course those sort of rumours do nothing to hurt Jenson's bank balance either.

X (@ed24f1)
danm Wrote:
> rumours rife about Ferrari sniffing around JB
> management...
>
> now THAT's a tough decision to take. Stay at
> Macca, or jump to Ferrari.
>
> I think he will (and he'd be foolish not to) push
> to extend his career through at McLaren.
>
> I can genuinely see him playing the perfect number
> 2 like Coulthard until he hangs up his helmet.

i think Mclaren are operating in perfect harmony whilst giving both drivers equal chance.. Jenson will go for it, as long as he can, and he seems stronger this year than last.. considering it was his first year at Macca after being in Bar/Honda/Brawn for a long time, the guy has adjusted really well, he gives Mclaren the image they want (to balance the other side of the garage) and will probably improve in the next few years... i don't think is unrealistic to think he can beat Hamilton and position himself as the "No.1" in terms of being the main guy for the media in the near future.

how long will he race?, well after being so long in the middle of the grid, the guy is certainly enjoying his time right now, he proved everybody wrong when he switch from Brawn, he's winning races, competing near the front... i can see him for the next 4 years easily
looks like the bad press are already playing!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2011 10:34AM by danm.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy