Silverstones new pit and paddock complex completed.

Posted by marwood82 
looks very nice.

[www.silverstone.co.uk]

some pics here

[www.flickr.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2011 06:44PM by marwood82.
If another track decided to use fireworks to launch a new feature such as this, I'm fairly sure they'd have used more than six. (H)
The pitlane design is quite interesting, as the time to go through pitlane will be relatively close to the time on track - like Montreal and Spa.

Hopefully they put the put the pit speed limiter line after the right hander coming into the pitlane.

X (@ed24f1)
This was needed, shame they had to castrate club corner somewhat... and even greater shame that they didn't think to do a Monza and bring the Podium out nearer to the fans.. but I guess they'd have to schedule the grand prix to to be last event of the day to do that.

it looks like the graphs you get for stocks

Or it looks like Damon had a strop and kicked one end of it.

matt3454
it looks like the graphs you get for stocks

No stocks in the last few years have had an upward leap like that. ;)
J i m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This was needed, shame they had to castrate club
> corner somewhat... and even greater shame that
> they didn't think to do a Monza and bring the
> Podium out nearer to the fans.. but I guess they'd
> have to schedule the grand prix to to be last
> event of the day to do that.

It looks like there isn't even any spectator access to the paddock area, which won't matter much for F1, but I'm sure will be disappointing for those at some of the other events to use that pitlane.

X (@ed24f1)
Hmm yeah, well they've restricted the Grand Prix centre access for years, so that's no surprise.

I should imagine the grass roots meetings shall still be open enough though.

I just wish they'd open the inner circuit up more for spectators, theres some cracking places to watch.

Imagine being able to spend an hour on the grass with a picnic on the infield. Can't find the space anywhere else.

It'd take some of the strain and battle scars from squabbling on the outer edges and banks, that's for sure.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
People say that it's difficult to get a good place to watch on the banks, but it is really that bad? Maybe I was lucky, but when I was watching qualifying in 2007, I decided to go to Maggotts corner halfway through the session. I had no problem in going right up to the catch fence.

Just wondering, because people always say that it's difficult, but I don't see why? Is it worse on Sunday?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
maggots is alright, its around copse that its sardine city

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
flat tyre Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> People say that it's difficult to get a good place
> to watch on the banks, but it is really that bad?
> Maybe I was lucky, but when I was watching
> qualifying in 2007, I decided to go to Maggotts
> corner halfway through the session. I had no
> problem in going right up to the catch fence.
>
> Just wondering, because people always say that
> it's difficult, but I don't see why? Is it worse
> on Sunday?

Some people are pushier than others to be fair.

Haha, I'm a big girl really ;) the pushiest I'll get is "oh, dear sir, please would you mind excusing me". There were plenty of gaps so I nabbed one of them...

tbh though, one thing that I love about F1 is that 99% of the fans are genuine people. It's completely different to how you would feel in a football stadium.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
It'll be a novelty having the S/F point on a different part of the lap for a year or two I guess. But it's still Silverstone. I'd get more excited if the race itself was being moved, to a different track.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy