The Official 2011 Australian GP Thread ****Spoilers!!****

Posted by mcdo 
Live timing not working again?
AGHH MASSA!

edit - JB had the line!!!!

edit - I disagree with the penatly ( i would!) but he avoided a collision, they were alongside...

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2011 08:31AM by chet.
i hope Webbere doesn't do anything stupid
Petrov (Y)!

Buttons got good pace. This is so frustrating! He could have had such an awesome race :(!

Interesting rather than exciting race. Great drive from Seb so far, doing everything that's needed.

Surprising how well the Pirellis are holding up, I was hoping for them to fall off the edge of a cliff a bit more after a few laps.

Great job from Petrov so far, surprise of the race IMO. Brilliant from Perez too.

Petrov and Perez the stars.

Interesting race. Im pretty raw about the Button ruling!

RBR are not invincible though, Mclaren look close on race pace!

edit - Not happy at Rubens, and I dont suppose Frank would be too. You could be forgiven for thinking he was the rookie at Williams. Two awful mistake. Not good from him at all!!!

edit2 - Horners fooled the world.... again

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2011 09:46AM by chet.
yup, i think that pretty much answers your question Chet, Kobayashi got owned today by a rookie

Button could've had a great race it was a shame, but Alonso got the same penalty in SIlverstone last year, at least they where consistent this time

Alonso had a good race could've fought up there if it wasn't for the start, Vettel was in control the whole time, but yeah, Mclaren are pretty close
Top 3 - Brilliant. Vettel controlled it, Lewis managed it, Petrov awesomed it.

Alonso - put himself in a stupid position in turn 1
Webber - crap. Get it together
Button - Should have immediately given the place back. I've seen Whitmarsh interview, and he should have gotten a reply right enough, but you can't do that. A pass is not finished when a nose is ahead
Perez - brilliant and surprising
Kobayashi - unspectacular (for a change), but excellent
Massa - Needs to go hang out with Webber
Buemi - Solid run, should have defended a bit against Massa

Edit: Watching the onboard channel, Rubens made loads of passes that the main channel didn't show. Then he ruined it with a stupid move.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2011 09:51AM by DaveEllis.
for me (and i am affected) :

massa, idiot

barrichello, moroon !!!

alguersuari, LUNATIC !!!!!
It was a bit of a silly place for button to try and pass personally, it was obvious he would be squeezed out. Very good drive by Petrov and Perez managed the tires really well considering everyone else stopped atleast twice.
Vettel, Hamilton good drive as normal lol.
I think most people could see that that Barichello move was never ever going to work, he was way to far back

Bit disappointed that Lotus and Virgin aren't closer to the cars infront of them, i had hoped that they would be at least near some other cars rather than lapped a lot again. Don't know whether its because the other cars have got faster, Toro Rosso and Sauber looked quick rather than juts back runners, but still would be nice to see them push points from time to time.

And well hispania this season... No comment ;-)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2011 09:59AM by truecrysis.
Why on earth did Ferrari pit massa at the end? Did he need to use the last set of tyres? I thought he had used both sets? Awful race for the #2 guys in the top teams today though, though Button's pace was handy as opposed to Webbers and Massa.

Malaysia should be a different story. I think Ferrari will show a stronger form there, werent they hoping for higher temperatures this weekend?

chet Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting race. Im pretty raw about the Button
> ruling!

He should've given the place back immedeatly and he didn't. It was his own fault and was rightly penalised.
mitadumapaga Wrote:
> for me (and i am affected) :

> alguersuari, LUNATIC !!!!!

you do realise it was a rather unfortunate racing incident, right?
While Alguersuari really shouldn't be making such rookie mistakes anymore as he's in his second season, there's really no need to crucify him.
Nickv Wrote:
> chet Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Interesting race. Im pretty raw about the
> Button
> > ruling!
>
> He should've given the place back immedeatly and
> he didn't. It was his own fault and was rightly
> penalised.

I agree with the penalty yes he should have let massa back through. I do think that ferrari played it really harshly/cleverly though against him, letting alonso past massa, so if button gives the place back he has to lose two places. Very smart, but in my mind a little unsporting as well ;-)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Vettel virtually had the thing won by turn two. 2.4 sec lead after the first lap. Beautiful drive. The pass on Button after the first stop was great stuff.

Have to disagree with you Chet, Button's penalty was deserved. He hadn't completed the pass. Even he though he wisely took the escape road to avoid contact, he didn't give the position back.

I'm a little intrigued as to why Massa let his teammate through so easily, as in, I don't see why Button would have had to have let both of them through just because Alonso had got ahead.

And Webber, oh man, I was out of my seat hoping he would sweep around Hamilton at turn one. His battle with Alonso was good viewing. Maybe Pirelli tyres will replace the refuelling in stretching pit strategies, which brings up Petrov, who was driver of the day if you absent the winner. I've always heard the Renault is soft on tyres, but his drive will get the brains trusts wondering.
mcdo Wrote:
>
> I'm a little intrigued as to why Massa let his
> teammate through so easily, as in, I don't see why
> Button would have had to have let both of them
> through just because Alonso had got ahead.
>
>

Had Alonso not passed, then yes Button should have let him through, but the team told him to hold station, then Alonso got passed... It was a tricky situation. my opinion is probably biased. I totally forgot about Alonso's Silverstone incident too.

I missed it if it was said - why did Webber park after the race?

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
DaveEllis Wrote:
> I missed it if it was said - why did Webber park
> after the race?

he walked out on him
Brundle reviewing the Button/Massa incident. When Button abandoned the corner he was behind.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Thing is, the incident isnt the important bit, it was Alonso passing Massa which is key, and of course the lack of reply from race control.

Anyway, it is what it is. And there is no denying that the stewards have been consistent with this at least (in relation to Alonso's incident)... I guess its similar to Valencia too where Button got a penalty there so from that respect I agree with the decision, but I still think it was the wrong one considering Alonso overtaking Massa too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy