2011 HRT

Posted by Fincent 
2011 HRT
Date: February 08, 2011 12:32PM
Posted by: Fincent
Here it is, the car you've all been waiting for ;)

[www.f1fanatic.co.uk]

Going to be honest here. That’s possibly one of the most horrendous liveries I’ve ever seen. When I heard about Daniel Simon coming onboard (who’s worked on Tron amongst other things) and doing the livery I thought it would be some magnificent piece of art. Instead we have something that looks cheap and tacky and that wouldn’t look out of place as a plastic childrens toy. Granted, we’ll never see it on our screens because it’ll always be at the back of the field but I really had some hope for a decent looking HRT this year. Ah well.

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Re: 2011 HRT
Date: February 08, 2011 12:38PM
Posted by: chet
It looks nice rendered but I cant imagine it looking good on track. Still, at least its car. And i hope it means they will be there in Bahrain and they can progress.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 08, 2011 01:37PM
Posted by: Carlitox
@Fincent, It's better than many boring liveries around here. For example, Virgin ruined their livery with the white ugly spots, and Lotus Renault GP did the same with the red Total spots. This is a nice livery, and I think that if some teams hired an artist for their livery (except the obvious unchangeable liveries, like Ferrari or maybe LRGP) we'd have a very nice and colourful Formula 1.

Anyway, I think they won't leave the back of the pack.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: February 08, 2011 01:41PM
Posted by: Aqualyx
The finish flag at the back is for the winning cars while overtaking them the 12th time ;)
Date: February 08, 2011 02:01PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Looks like a cheap skin for an rFactor mod tbh.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 08, 2011 02:37PM
Posted by: JackHammer
Finally, some people who don't like it!
Every other forum people seem to be loving it, to me it just looks like a fake Mclaren toy you'd find in a cheap shop

Would be better if they did something like this (not perfect, drew quickly)

Date: February 08, 2011 02:53PM
Posted by: Gigi4
"your logo here" "this could be you" "this is a cool spot" ... i just think these are ridiculous

Date: February 08, 2011 02:53PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Every other forum people seem to be loving it, to me it just looks like a fake Mclaren toy you'd find in a cheap shop

Those were the words I was looking for. I couldn't place exactly why it looks cheap until you said a fake F1 toy.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 08, 2011 03:21PM
Posted by: senninho
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Every other forum people seem to be loving it, to
> me it just looks like a fake Mclaren toy you'd
> find in a cheap shop
>
>
> Those were the words I was looking for. I couldn't
> place exactly why it looks cheap until you said a
> fake F1 toy.

That, or the sort of car you saw in those old F1 games that lacked the official licence.

Date: February 08, 2011 04:15PM
Posted by: Xero
DaveEllis Wrote:
> Looks like a cheap skin for an rFactor mod tbh.

Lol, looks a bit like a vMax skin we used to use.

Edit: at least they made a little effort. Lack of imagination with some teams.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2011 04:17PM by Xero.
Date: February 08, 2011 05:32PM
Posted by: Diax F1
Applaud the effort with the imaginative livery design - but quite frankly, placing the 'This place is cool' tags etc. on the car makes it seem as though one of two things are going through the paste brains of the HRT marketing department:
1. They hope that putting those tags on in a hope that it will convince companies to sponsor HRT (which would quite frankly fail because they've gone about in a way that makes people want to gouge their eyes out).
2. They're not taking this seriously.

Opinions, folks - which one?

For myself, having noticed the other tags on the car (The car ends here), I have a feeling it might be the latter - they're just taking the utter piss. :-(

Date: February 08, 2011 06:14PM
Posted by: thestig88
Arrows tried something similar (although less garish) back in early 1999 with a T-minus + a daily counting down number towards a supposed big sponsorship announcement but come day 0 - nothing!
Date: February 08, 2011 06:28PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Diax F1 Wrote:
> Applaud the effort with the imaginative livery
> design - but quite frankly, placing the 'This
> place is cool' tags etc. on the car makes it seem
> as though one of two things are going through the
> paste brains of the HRT marketing department:
> 1. They hope that putting those tags on in a hope
> that it will convince companies to sponsor HRT
> (which would quite frankly fail because they've
> gone about in a way that makes people want to
> gouge their eyes out).
> 2. They're not taking this seriously.
>
> Opinions, folks - which one?
>
> For myself, having noticed the other tags on the
> car (The car ends here), I have a feeling it might
> be the latter - they're just taking the utter
> piss. :-(

Well, I remember a Porsche Supercup team on whose livery you could read "Lookin' for sponsors"

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: February 08, 2011 06:31PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
T-minus was a brand of consumer goods headed up by a Nigerian prince who bought 25% of the Arrows team in '99. The countdown was just there as a play on words, but he resigned as he couldn't meet his obligations, which is why it disappeared off the cars.

Oh, terrible livery. ^

Date: February 08, 2011 07:19PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9

Yeah.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: February 08, 2011 07:41PM
Posted by: loren
Diax F1 Wrote:
> one of two things are going through the paste brains of the HRT marketing department:
> 1. They hope that putting those tags on in a hope that it will convince companies to sponsor HRT (which would quite frankly fail because
> they've gone about in a way that makes people want to gouge their eyes out).
> 2. They're not taking this seriously.

Both. Can't imagine that they'll be around much longer.

Reminds me of the March when they sold the space on their car to every bar and car dealership in Quebec. And they didn't last another year.
Date: February 08, 2011 08:12PM
Posted by: badger27
I have the taste of Super Aguri in my mouth. Except someone garnished it in vomit.

Williams' Wonders: Jones, K.Rosberg, Piquet, Mansell, Prost, Senna, Hill, Villeneuve, .....?
Date: February 08, 2011 08:33PM
Posted by: gav
Other than the chequered flag, I don't mind the livery too much. It's better than the dreary grey they had last year.

It's just a shame it's another red and light (white) livery, which will look like a McLaren from afar. There's always someone who comes up with a McLaren-style livery (in terms of the red and light placement).

It can't be that hard for every team to come up with a unique livery, surely? HRT should be pink. Maybe get Paris to sponsor them?
Date: February 08, 2011 09:47PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I was expecting they would go for something more striking after they hired Simon, so it was a bit underwhelming.

Maybe with the Renault yellow gone, they could have done something in yellow.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 01, 2011 10:27PM
Posted by: alexf1man
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy