a little hope

Posted by Frantic 
a little hope
Date: January 19, 2011 09:32PM
Posted by: Frantic
from gp update

just hope it is a step forward to have a France Grand Prix again...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2011 10:07PM by Frantic.
Re: a little hope
Date: January 20, 2011 12:33AM
Posted by: EC83
Not if it means more GPs at Magny Cours though. LOL

Date: January 20, 2011 12:38AM
Posted by: Frantic
better a French Grand prix altough in magnycours that no French GP at all ;)

Date: January 20, 2011 12:57AM
Posted by: Twigster151
Tbh I don't see the point of having a French gp seeing as Renault are now running under a British licence and the fact that there is currently no French F1 driver.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Date: January 20, 2011 07:38AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Twigster151 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tbh I don't see the point of having a French gp
> seeing as Renault are now running under a British
> licence and the fact that there is currently no
> French F1 driver.

We better stop going to Canada, Monaco, Hungary, Belgium (before 2011), Singapore etc. then... ;)

Anyway, it looks like France will get a driver back on the grid before too long with Vergne coming up the Red Bull ranks. I'd be surprised if he wasn't in a Toro Rosso seat in 2012, unless the team is sold before then.

Magny-Cours wasn't too bad, but it would be nice if there was an alternative. Unfortunately it seems there isn't enough political motivation in France at the moment to build a new track. Of course it would be great to go round the full Le Mans track, but that is never going to happen.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 20, 2011 08:21AM
Posted by: Twigster151
Haha I see your point ;) However the vast majority of those races provide us with great racing or have a history in F1. The others however (Hungary and the like) are just as pointless as a return to France and Magny Cours at the moment.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Date: January 20, 2011 12:43PM
Posted by: flat tyre
Personally, I never understood the hate for Mangy-Cours. I liked it.

It's a track where overtaking is NOT the priority, but fast, challenging corners are. The complete opposite of Tilke, which is apparently what most people are crying out for.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather watch an onboard lap of a car at Mangy-Cours than an onboard lap of a car at Bahrain!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: January 20, 2011 12:57PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Personally, I never understood the hate for Mangy-Cours. I liked it.

It produced boring races. It was fun to drive in games, nothing more.

France should get a GP when it has a Grade 1 circuit which isn't crap. Until then I don't care.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 26, 2011 04:00AM
Posted by: loren
I'm sure there's some sentimental value about having a French GP, but where? F1 has left a lot better circuits than Magny-Cours lately.

Magny is boring and in the middle of nowhere. Ricard isn't very exciting either and I don't think they really want to host the GP. They're not shutting the roads down at Le Mans twice a year. The other circuits in France are all way too short to host a GP.

But there's always Monaco, and Spa and Barcelona are pretty close to France as well, so the French shouldn't be complaining.
Date: January 26, 2011 04:02AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
They're not shutting the roads down at Le Mans twice a year.

They already do. The 24 and the Classic.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 31, 2011 12:07AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Wasn't Bernie pushing for a race around Paris a few years back? With the Champs Elysee as the straight and the paddock under the Eiffel Tower or some bull @#$%& like that?

Cobblers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2011 12:08AM by loque.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy