Nurburgring Race

Posted by da silva 
Nurburgring Race
Date: January 09, 2011 05:47PM
Posted by: da silva
Hi guys. I am thinking of going to watch F1 race this year at Nurburgring.

Any advice please on the best location around the track to watch the race? and maybe some who have already been there can provide some advise and tips.

Thanks.
Re: Nurburgring Race
Date: January 09, 2011 07:08PM
Posted by: alexf1man
I have been to Silverstone, my home race, a few times* for F1 so I feel my opinion is justified. Yes I know it's not Nurburgring but it's the same sport :-)

Personally if you can I would find a part of Nurburgring where you can see a good proportion of the track - either around the newer part of the track so you also see the start, or around one of the chicanes where overtaking is more likely (or even Dunlop hairpin where Schumacher and Montoya collided in 2003).

If you love pitstops I would be near the pit straight.

I sat in a grandstand on the Silverstone main straight in 2006, it was very exciting to see Hamilton on the podium after the GP2 race as well as the pitstops (O) and what turned out to be Schumacher's last Ferrari race in the UK.

Also the first time I visited I had a "walkabout" ticket, so I walked around the whole track. It was only when I got to Hangar Straight that I was finally able to guage the speed, power and noise involved; this was back in the V10 days when revs weren't limited (I recommend you take earplugs)

* 2004, 2005 and 2006

After over 500 posts I finally have a signature.

Robert Kubica - 2011 . . . My liveries page . . . Imageshack . . . You can find me on Twitter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2011 07:20PM by alexf1man.
Date: January 10, 2011 04:17PM
Thanks for your reply.

I have already been 2 times to watch a race (San Marino 2004 and Barcelona 2008) but as you know each track has different characteristics and interesting areas to watch it from. On both circuits I had the full weekend ticket with the walkabout access which is pretty good and in Barcelona also a visit to the pitlane on Thursday which was nice. :)

I live in Malta and flight tickets to Germany are pretty expensive so I was thinking about a cheap General Admission ticket for the track. Just wanted to know whether it is worth and maybe some good places to watch the race from.

What about Silverstone, as that might be another interesting option? General Admission is any good?
Date: January 11, 2011 05:56PM
Posted by: marwood82
i'm going to the nurburgring this year, we've got grandstand tickets at the dunlop curve as the general entry tickets didn't look good value at all.
i thought the grandstand tickets weren't that expensive (when compared to other venues) but i bought ours a few months ago so i'd check formula1.com for the prices atm

silverstone general entry is very good in terms of the different places you can sit, and the last few years you can even sit in the grandstands on friday.
Date: January 11, 2011 07:28PM
Posted by: alexf1man
General Admission is very good value because of all the different places you can watch from, whether you prefer to watch from:

. Fast section after Copse (which is amazing)
. Banking near Stowe (where Mansell famously passed Piquet in 1987) braking from about 190 mph
. Vale / Club (where Alonso and Kubica's battle went wrong for both of them)
. Abbey where it's now a fast corner (direction change of cars again like the top option)
. Luffield / Woodcote at the end of the lap and the Start / Finish Straight

When I was last there they had a tunnel by Bridge corner (which is no longer used by F1) therefore bypassing Priory / Brooklands; the banking was closer to what was the F1 pitlane (remember they will be using the new ones by Abbey this year)

Robert Kubica - 2011 . . . My liveries page . . . Imageshack . . . You can find me on Twitter
Date: January 12, 2011 01:51PM
Thanks alot for the replies guys. Appreciated :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy