Ferrari F11

Posted by calimbo 
Ferrari F11
Date: December 20, 2010 04:27PM
Posted by: calimbo
I was just on facebook and I saw this. Is from spanish website Marca.com

Ferrari F11

Of course it's not a leak, or at least I don't think so. It says it's a draw from a well known journalist and designer Paolo D’Alessio.

Re: Ferrari F11
Date: December 20, 2010 05:10PM
Posted by: ipswich2007
well the 2011 regs state - shark duct not allowed to connect to rear wing, and these photos show that soo i doubt its reality tbh

Date: December 20, 2010 07:39PM
Posted by: calimbo
It says it's not a duct, but a fin, connected to the upper profile of the rear wing. The rest are two kind of trinagled wings, from the engine cover, but it doesn't connect to the rear wing.

I think it could be interesting, and the car itself looks radical.

Date: December 20, 2010 09:01PM
Posted by: loren
The way it's drawn in the side view - with the horizontal part of the fin slightly ahead of the rear wing - looks like it is legal, at least the way I read the regs. But then again I have a hard time understanding them now. And I'm an engineer FFS.

The FIA have made a huge mess of the the tech regs in past 15 years or so but especially in the last few. They always write in a very oblique manner which leaves these loopholes, rather than just directly writing the rules they really intend.
Date: December 20, 2010 09:42PM
Posted by: ipswich2007
i read it as nothing is aloud to connect to any part of the rear wing

Date: December 20, 2010 10:28PM
Posted by: loren
Now that I read it again I think you are right.... the little vertical extension is the problem. Two sections max, both of which must be closed. The little vertical extension would constitute a third, open section in the rear wing area. Though it wouldn't surprise me at all if someone had found a loophole somewhere....
Date: December 20, 2010 11:51PM
Posted by: J i m
I think we're missing the real point here... there's no way in hell that's an actual blue print of the 2011 Ferrari. Hell! actual Ferrari blue prints didn't even make it to our screens when Stepney faxed most of the 2008 design to coughlan's photocopier.

Date: December 21, 2010 03:30PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I hope they don't paste the new team logo on the engine cover, I think the Ferrari looked great this year with the solid red engine cover.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: December 21, 2010 06:40PM
Posted by: marcl
How will the rear wing move with the fin there?
Date: December 21, 2010 07:11PM
Posted by: Gigi4
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How will the rear wing move with the fin there?

well, they're not obliged to install the moving rear wing, so if something like that is allowed they could still ude it instead of the moving wing

Date: December 21, 2010 11:40PM
Posted by: Slash
Gigi4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> marcl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > How will the rear wing move with the fin there?
>
>
> well, they're not obliged to install the moving
> rear wing, so if something like that is allowed
> they could still ude it instead of the moving wing

i don't know.. unless they have something really really radical, why spend energy and research to figure something else when the moveable rear wing gives you enough advantage.... not installing it would be like giving up on a great opportunity
but anyway is not like we're going to see the wings moving up and down, it'll most likely not even be posible to the naked eye to see it move, it'll probably just bend a tiny bit, but enough to give you more speed

these images of "possible" future cars are always usually wrong
Date: December 31, 2010 11:18PM
Posted by: JackHammer
The pictures are slightly confusing, from the top view it doesn't look like the fin is connected, but from all the other views it does
I believe there are some new rules on the rims and unsure if those pictured will be allowed

Date: December 31, 2010 11:48PM
Posted by: gav
As has been said, especially well by Jim, this isn't the Ferrari 2011 challenger.

It's a concept 2011 car. Nothing more.

We could make a 2011 car based on loose sketchings, but it doesn't mean that someone like Hispania are going to run our designs in 2011..... they couldn't afford it.
Date: January 01, 2011 12:10AM
Posted by: EC83
From the early drawings I've seen it looks like it could be a solid development of the 2010 car - nothing radical, but the design is being evolved and tidied up nicely.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy