Morning Session times:

Afternoon session is up.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Re: Young Drivers Test
Date: November 16, 2010 10:58AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Great to see Ricciardo doing well (although the car and his relative experience obviously helps)!

Based on hearing and reading him, he sounds like a funny and grounded guy, and hopefully he can avoid being destroyed by the PR machine.

There will be a lot of pressure on Buemi and Alguersuari in the first half of next year with Ricciardo and Vergne on the way up.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 16, 2010 06:47PM
Posted by: marcl
He would have been 3rd on the grid for the race, just shows how good that car is.
Date: November 16, 2010 06:54PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
It's quite impressive that Maldonado managed a 1:43.7 by the end in the HRT (I suppose a lot of factors are different to qualifying day) but that's substantially quicker than what Senna managed in qualifying, which was a 1:45.0

Date: November 16, 2010 07:20PM
Posted by: chet
For some reason this says different

[www.gpupdate.net]

Even more impressive for the RBR.

The HRT time is interesting. The Virgin's improved on the times Glock and Di Grassi did, but not by the extent Pastor did.

Cant all be down to a significantly more rubbered in track... Maybe he's another Kobayashi, so so in GP2 but decent in an F1 car :)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 16, 2010 08:11PM
Posted by: marcl
Fresh engines will reduce the lap times as well, remember a lot of drivers were looking after them.

Also what time of day were the fastest laps set ?
Date: November 16, 2010 11:14PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For some reason this says different

As I said, my image is from the morning times. Your link is from the final times of the day.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 16, 2010 11:34PM
Posted by: chet
Silly me! I didnt see!

I think Daniels lap buts the whole thing in perspective. It was obviously low fuel, but only a few tenths of Vettel's pole.

He is experienced with RBR, but the track must have improved a great deal for the HRT to have improved that much.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 17, 2010 12:17AM
Apparently it was "low fuel", but "not Q3 fuel". So we don't really know the amount.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 17, 2010 01:05AM
Posted by: Frantic
anyone knows if some team is going to test Pirellis?

Date: November 17, 2010 04:23AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
marcl Wrote:
> Fresh engines will reduce the lap times as well,
> remember a lot of drivers were looking after
> them.

I hadn't thought of that. I suppose each team must have a couple of engines ready for the testing this week.

Frantic Wrote:
> anyone knows if some team is going to test
> Pirellis?

They have to use Bridgestones in these tests, before Pirelli make their debut on Friday/Saturday.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 17, 2010 11:56AM
Posted by: J i m
Indeed, the young driver test was always going to be Bridgestone shod. After the chequered flag this evening Bridgestone will be leaving and taking thier used tyres with whilst the teams peel off all the Bridgestone logos ;-)

Some teams have sent their race drivers home (or on PR work) and will be conducting the Pirelli test with their test/reserve drivers or with a unknown or two whilst others are fielding their race drivers, Mercedes for example and Barrichello for Williams, they were due to have Hulkenberg on duty though I suspect that has changed now, they might use Valtteri Bottas who was supposed to be their test/reserve driver anyway but to my knowledge hasn't actually driven the car in real life yet.

Date: November 17, 2010 02:57PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
After Webber's contract with RBR runs out at the end of 2011, Red Bull should probably take a risk and put Ricciardo in the car. Yes, there are fresher engines and other variables, but he's performed well in these tests and deserves a go. He looks better than both Toro Rosso drivers IMO...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: November 17, 2010 03:08PM
Posted by: senninho
Times from today's test:

Pos  Driver                Car          Time       Laps
 1.  Daniel Ricciardo      Red Bull     1m38.102s  77
 2.  Jerome D'Ambrosio     Renault      1m38.802s  83
 3.  Sam Bird              Mercedes     1m39.220s  82
 4.  Gary Paffett          McLaren      1m39.760s  84
 5.  Jules Bianchi         Ferrari      1m39.916s  93
 6.  Sergio Perez          Sauber       1m40.543s  91
 7.  Paul di Resta         Force India  1m40.901s  27
 8.  Pastor Maldonado      Williams     1m40.944s  81
 9.  Jean-Eric Vergne      Toro Rosso   1m40.974s  61
10.  Yelmer Buurman        Force India  1m41.178s  67
11.  Davide Valsecchi      Hispania     1m43.013s  32
12.  Luiz Razia            Virgin       1m43.525s  70
13.  Josef Kral            Hispania     1m44.143s  61
14.  Rodolfo Gonzalez      Lotus        1m44.312s  41
15.  Vladimir Arabadzhiev  Lotus        1m45.723s  49

According to Autosport, Valsecchi's time was two seconds faster than Senna's qualifying time. Yoinks.

Date: November 17, 2010 03:24PM
Posted by: alonso0506
well i wouldnt take these times so serious cause the track is much better now and they could change some setup things compared to the race weekend. And Riccardo was also over 1 second faster than the pole setter so where did that come from.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And thats the bottom line cause Alonso0506 said so"
Date: November 17, 2010 03:48PM
Posted by: vesuvius
experts have said that track was about 1 second faster yesterday and 1,5 seconds faster today than it was during the race weekend.
Date: November 17, 2010 09:23PM
Posted by: Slash
yeah after the race they probably have more info to make the car a bit quicker also theres more rubber in the track and all but, 1.5 seconds??? :-o

one question, does every car needs to be according to the regulations, or some teams might be testing "ilegal" parts on them?
Date: November 17, 2010 09:42PM
Posted by: J i m
Yeah... but what need do RBR have to test dodgy parts?

Date: November 18, 2010 12:37AM
Posted by: Slash
for future development (make them legal at some point), or to evaluate other components at higher speeds
is like the front wings Red Bull used, i'm sure the first time they put them in the car they would've probably failed all test, but with future development they managed to piss Mclaren and Mercedes

Mclaren did it with the car that never started a GP

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2010 12:40AM by Slash.
Date: November 18, 2010 09:24PM
is like the front wings Red Bull used, i'm sure the first time they put them in the car they would've probably failed all test, but with future development they managed to piss Mclaren and Mercedes

When would it fail the test? There is no testing, so it'd have to run during an FIA regulated event, and it was always declared legal.

McLaren did it when testing wasn't as restricted.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy