Now this is nostalgia!

Posted by Frantic 
Now this is nostalgia!
Date: October 30, 2010 03:18AM
Posted by: Frantic
*Clicky*

I think he could do something in a better car... but his last performances dont convinced me so much, he is starting to look only like a driver´s nephew, not a driver. Im not sure what he would do in a better car... he didnt use his talent until he was 18, thats why i think he needs more time than average to adapt to new categories... there was some drivers that didnt do well in his first season and then became champions (Lauda in 1971 was awful, in 1973 was good, 1974 very good, 1975 unstoppable). maybe is blind faith but i think he could do well in a Lotus in 2011

Re: Now this is nostalgia!
Date: October 30, 2010 09:58AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Well he's had a full season in the car, and Yamamoto, who is..below average to put it nicely, is as near enough matching him. If Bruno gets a better seat, then Karun better end up with an even better one.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 30, 2010 03:49PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Yeah, unfortunately he has done nothing that warrants a switch to Lotus (or any other team for that matter). Being beaten at times by 3 teammates over one year isn't a good look.

I think there are quite a few drivers who would do a better job, not to mention keeping Trulli, which I think would be a good idea for one more year as the team develops.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 30, 2010 04:21PM
Posted by: J i m
Yeah nostalgia is all very well, but Bruno hasn't really done anything in that HRT to impress anyone, he might have out-qualified a Virgin on merit once but that doesn't excuse that in general Karun adapted to the car and conditions much quicker, that Klien was over a second a lap faster at Singapore despite barley having driven the car, AND how in the heck was Yamamoto quicker than him pretty much through the weekend in Korea?

Sure having the slowest car on the grid couple with general unreliability doesn't provide much of a platform to get results, but the one thing he really needed to do was dominate his team-mate and he hasn't.

Date: October 30, 2010 04:56PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Difficult to judge, difficult to judge.

I have a plan, let's move Sutil to Renault, then stick Senna in a Lotus and Chandhok in Force India. Unfortunately this leaves Petrov without a seat. Byebye Buemi?
Date: October 30, 2010 05:04PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
There's more to goings on at Hispania than meets the eye. I believe Senna and Chandhok deserve better, and I think that Senna might, after a while without updates, be suffering from low confidence. As for Yamamoto, he wants a seat for next year and he's doing a respectable job for it. Chandhok was unfairly removed from the car, but at the back of the grid, money talks.

I'm sticking for the both of them as neither have really had the opportunity to shine. It's not really fair to jump on Senna's back as not been able to show his worth. Let's give the chap a proper chance.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: October 30, 2010 05:44PM
Yes... however as has been pointed out he's had more chance in that car than either Chandhok or Klien yet has been the least impressive of that trio and also has let Yamamoto get too close. He needs a stand out performance now.

Date: October 30, 2010 06:39PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
I like it Loque. It had better happen now. :P

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: October 30, 2010 07:03PM
Posted by: Nickv
I think the fact that people want Senna in Lotus for nostalgia says a lot about how much he actually deserves that place.
Date: October 31, 2010 10:22PM
Posted by: Slash
Bruno's last name got him in F1, it's the only reason he remains in it as well, his performance is worst than Tarso Marques...

his talent will get him out though, i'm sorry to say but i don't think he deserves a better seat than the one he's occupying.. he's won nothing yet, why would he be demotivated?, the guys is just not good enough, his 3 different teammates have proven that this season

Yamamoto was 1 sec slower than the Virgins, and Bruno was 1 sec slower than Yamamoto in Korea... that sums it up
Date: October 31, 2010 10:36PM
Posted by: gav
Bruno might have got him into F1 quicker than without using his name, but his lower formulae jobs did enough to merit his chance in F1. Bruno's main problem isn't his name, it's his success in lower formulae and his debut F1 season.

Now he's in F1, the name would have been a burden he had been a success - in 2010 it's just been a mention every now and then when he's had interviews. Had he driven some stonking races, he'd have had half the paddock around him asking him if being was God's nephew was a hindrance to his inevitable title.

As it is, he's been very average at best, so no one really cares (other than us fans wondering how the @#$%& Yamamoto is now as fast as him), so he's not had any real pressure from inside the F1 paddock. I don't know how things are with the Brazilian media, but from the rest of the media there's been very little acknowledgement. The only BBC interview since early in the season was recently when they happened to be talking to Karun outside HRT, and afterwards hijacked Bruno who was wandering around outside looking bored.

His problem isn't his name - it's showing he's got a quarter of the talent he appeared to show before F1.
Date: November 01, 2010 03:24PM
Posted by: loren
To me, he's done about as well as his junior formula results would predict. Did he do enough to deserve a shot at F1? Yes. Did he do anything to indicate he'd have a long and successful career in F1? No.
Date: November 01, 2010 11:04PM
Posted by: msater
Give him a decent car and see how he does.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: November 01, 2010 11:35PM
Posted by: gav
The problem is people will be reluctant to give him a strong car if his performances are poor at HRT. Unless they know better (through gossip out of HRT of something we're not privy to) then it's a risk.

One of the few examples of an average driver turning into a decent driver that springs immediately to mind is Diniz, and he wasn't brought to Ligier, Arrows and Sauber for his driving skills, but when he ended up there he turned out to be far better than was expected.
Date: November 02, 2010 01:03AM
Posted by: Slash
msater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Give him a decent car and see how he does.

that's what Dave said 2nd post

that would apply to any driver, if he gets a better car, how unfair for his teammates who've done better jobs
Date: November 11, 2010 11:02AM
Working on the "nostalgia" theme according to @sarahholtf1 on twitter, Lotus (that's the current Lotus Racing team run by Tony Fernandes) will be racing in "traditional black & gold livery" from 2011 and beyond.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy