The Official 2010 Singapore Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by tozequio 
Hulkenberg has now been penalised, again for Lap 1.

Its disappointing that they couldn't sort this out during the race - just like Webber had to do last year in Singapore.

X (@ed24f1)
This is stupid as the race is over and they had the whole race to give a penalty or tell them they were under investigation, MS also cut the 1st corner btw.
For those that haven't seen it, have a look at Webber's right front tyre after the race

(Source: Adam Cooper)

Maybe the gods are on his side this year...

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2010 08:29PM by SchueyFan.

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
i didn't watch the race,why did scumacher lost so much positions?

My GPGSL Career
senna9194 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i didn't watch the race,why did scumacher lost so
> much positions?

Because, in Brundles words, "he drove into everything that moved".

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Really hope Alonso doesn't win this championship. He's the most boring guy of the top five. Webber recovered brilliantly, especially as he never looked strong all weekend.

Yep, that's what makes a world champion deserving - personality. ;)

marcl
I thought glock done well holding people back.

Indeed - I was extremely impressed by how long he could hold that queue back. On par with the drives of Alonso and Vettel for me.
Brundle said it best really. Alonso is difficult to love, but easy to admire. He'd be just as deserving as the other guys, if not more, if he can pulls out the championship this year.

It was a hell of a race today though! For me, one of the most entertaining races of the season yet.

Loved the battle between Alonso and Vettel all race long. Those two were flawless today and great to see Fernando take such a hard fought victory.

Enjoyed the run upto 3rd from the midfield by Webber today. He drove another solid race, and definitely looks determined to win this championship. I love that he didn't back down from Hamilton's attack. And rightly so. It was another poorly executed passing attempt by Hamilton, just like Monza, and serves him right for earning another DNF. And for the spectator, makes the championship table even more juicy. Beautiful, just beautiful!

Going to be an awesome final four races! Roll on Suzuka!

gav Wrote:
> Indeed - I was extremely impressed by how long he
> could hold that queue back. On par with the drives
> of Alonso and Vettel for me.

Not taking anything away from him, but I think Sutil flattered him a bit, as Webber and Hulkenberg seemingly had little trouble getting past.

EDIT: Thanks Raul for the photos, the Kovalainen fire-fighting photo makes a good wallpaper.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2010 09:19PM by SchueyFan.
SchueyFan Wrote:
> And also, Lewis didn't need to cut him off,
> because he had the inside line for the next
> corner. It was a costly misjudgement, just as
> Monza was.

Precisely so. More so because there's a huge amount of run off on the exit of that corner, so Lewis had the luxury of going wide on the exit and still having the line into the next corner. There really was no need for him to turn in so soon on Webber.

As most know I do not like Alonso but I think he is the best driver out there this year. He has never given up no mater how things were going against him. He is no longer making the errors that were there at the start of the year and has just moved to another level, yes Ferrari are now 100% behind just him but he is not in the best car but is getting every single tenth out of it.

I do not know how MS keep getting away with hitting so many people and things yet carries on going, and never seems to get the penalties others get lol.
I don't think Schumacher was much at fault today. He didn't know Kobayashi was there and it was a bit marginal anyway - as Brundle said, Kobayashi braked too late and had to make it into an overtaking attempt. Heidfeld was similar to Webber-Hamilton... just one of those days where if it could go wrong, it did go wrong... plenty of those days for him this year, but then again, when was MS good in the pack?

Brazil 2006 (when it was all spaced out by the time he caught them) and Spa 1995 are about it. :P

SchueyFan
Not taking anything away from him, but I think Sutil flattered him a bit, as Webber and Hulkenberg seemingly had little trouble getting past.

Indeed Sutil wasn't exactly all over him, but obviously Webber was going to get past, and by the time Sutil and Hulkenberg got through his tyres would have been going off. Regardless of how poor or not Sutil was I think fighting in a Virgin in 11th place and keeping it for 15 laps or so is pretty epic stuff.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2010 09:43PM by gav.
tbh I blame Schumacher for both of those. Kobayashi was a bit optimistic, but he was still at a speed that would make the corner, and fully alongside. With Heidfeld, he was MILES back and just threw it down the inside, and got no where near as far alongside as Webber, or even Sutil was on Kubica. He was a complete joke today, and it's a shame because I WANT him to do well so he can rejoin the championship battles soon(ish).

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Re: The Official 2010 Singapore Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: September 27, 2010 12:05AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
DaveEllis Wrote:
> it's a shame because I WANT him to do well so he can
> rejoin the championship battles soon(ish).

[+1]
But ms keeps blaming his tyres, you do not hear the other 23 doing this. Gone are the days when tyres were made just for him, he needs to get on with it like his team mate. Or maybe people were right and ms cannot drive without tc.
marcl Wrote:
> But ms keeps blaming his tyres, you do not hear
> the other 23 doing this. Gone are the days when
> tyres were made just for him, he needs to get on
> with it like his team mate. Or maybe people were
> right and ms cannot drive without tc.

Who said that? IIRC he drove '95-'99 (at the very least) without TC, and certainly '95-2000 without tyres designed around him.

^Yeah cars were not fitted with TC then were they :). It was not just Ferrari though and there was never proof. But he cannot keep blaming the car tyres etc Nico is getting on with it and getting points.
Who said that? IIRC he drove '95-'99 (at the very least) without TC, and certainly '95-2000 without tyres designed around him.

Hardly his strongest points though. As Brundle pointed out during the forum, his best times were dominating from the front - and his days of dominating from the front came from tyres which were built around him. Now days he says he can't get the best from the tyres, whilst everybody else is managing it fine.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Finns like it hot

And pitgirl likes it fresh:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy