Raikkonen bids for 2011 Renault seat

Posted by LS. 
Re: Raikkonen bids for 2011 Renault seat
Date: September 19, 2010 11:03PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Hmmm would love to see Kimi back aslong as Renault can make a car capable of winning else for us Kimi fans its going to be tough again!

Anyway i bought a renault f1 top today in preperation as it was only £20 at the renault world series. So now they best accept him ;)

Date: October 06, 2010 12:44AM
Posted by: vesuvius
Kimi got fed up with Renault now, and like I guessed he never was interested about driving Renault next year and this was all about Renault trying to get as much publicity as possible.

Räikkönen puts a stop to Renault's milking

Turun Sanomat 6.10 2010 00:09:17

Kimi Räikkönen who is known for his silence got finally fed up when Renault continues week after week speculating through the media about the Finnish star's possible switch back to F1 in their team.

– I am very disappointed in the way they have used my name in order to promote their own marketing. I have not at any stage considered seriously driving for Renault and I can assure you that I'm 100% sure that I will not drive in Renault next year, Räikkönen declares in his straightforward way.

– My managers were weeks ago once in contact with Renault's team manager. That's all, Räikkönen said.

source: [www.ts.fi]
Date: October 06, 2010 03:27PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
It is interesting that this statement from Kimi and Boullier's statement that they'll most probably go on with Petrov came more or less at the same time. I really wonder if the one has something to do with the other

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: October 06, 2010 06:31PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
F******* joke -_-

Date: October 06, 2010 07:20PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
ROFL, Kimi is still awesome in his statements...with two sentences he put a huge block in front of all the speculation. Although I would love to see him back in F1, Renault seemed a strange choice. I think he would drive only for McLaren or RedBull, since I doubt he would be heading back to Ferrari after the way things went.
Date: October 06, 2010 07:40PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Now wait until Webber retires and the rumours can all start again ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 06, 2010 07:48PM
Posted by: msater
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now wait until Webber retires and the rumours can
> all start again ;)

haha :p

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: October 06, 2010 11:32PM
Posted by: J i m
Petrov still isn't guaranteed that drive though. For one thing he's under pressure to both up his performance and reduce the mistakes. In the meantime Heidfeld, Glock, Chandhok, Senna etc will be all be sniffing hopefully at that drive.

Plus Maldonado will possibly be considered, and as funny as it' sound I'd also imagine that Grosjean will have put his name in the ring.

Date: October 07, 2010 02:34AM
Posted by: EC83
Grosjean can put his name wherever he wants, he won't be getting a drive after last year if the team bosses have any sense. He certainly won't be a threat to Petrov's place at Renault.

Maldonado could definitely be worth a shot though, as could be any top/good or "untapped" driver who becomes available.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2010 02:43AM by EC83.
Date: October 07, 2010 10:42AM
Just read this morning that Hulkenberg is at doubt at Williams to possibly be replaced by Maldonado. I don;t see that happening to be honest, but where there's smoke there's usually fire ;)

Still I expect him to remain, he's pretty much pegged Barrichello on pace now, it's the stupid FFord style driving and mistakes he needs to eradicate. I expect the team to want to keep him though, because traditionally ever since 1997, they've had a German driver every year (Frentzen, Ralf, Heidfeld, Nico, Hulkenberg) and if they're going to try and attract Porsche (VW group), then it wouldn't hurt having a German driver.

Date: October 07, 2010 05:44PM
Posted by: chet
Willi Weber needs to be clever enough to realize Frank wont give him the extra money he wants! If Williams are on the up, thats enough payment for Hulk. I hope both, driver and manager realize that. We all know Frank is strong whne it comes to this.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 07, 2010 11:25PM
That's true of the past when Williams was an established championship team, but in the more recent past they've been keen to keep hold of what they perceived to be a big talent to help drive the team forward. Rosberg was able to demand a relatively decent salary from them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy