Turbos and ground effects back for 2013? (Topic Merged)

Posted by senninho 
Re: Turbos and ground effects back for 2013?
Date: September 06, 2010 10:28AM
Posted by: mortal
If you don't like it, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Steve's site access is supposed to be limited to the downloads area. The F1 forum was a bonus and we still have to fix that.
After I asked in all the forums for help, his was the only response. Instead of rubbishing the site, you could have got off your arse and made me an offer, perhaps then it would have been you given the permissions.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 06, 2010 11:24AM
Posted by: gav
I don't remember seeing any such thread - not in GD anyway.
Date: September 06, 2010 11:28AM
Posted by: msater
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't remember seeing any such thread - not in
> GD anyway.

+1

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: September 06, 2010 11:33AM
Posted by: senna9194
msater Wrote:
> gav Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I don't remember seeing any such thread - not
> in
> > GD anyway.
>
> +1

+2

My GPGSL Career
+1 here.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Re: Turbos and ground effects back for 2013? (Topic Merged)
Date: September 06, 2010 11:40AM
Posted by: mortal
It was in the GP4 and GP3 forums. When I got an offer of help, the thread was removed. It was up for three days.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 06, 2010 11:56AM
Posted by: Morbid
Very OT, but who seems to care...

This site has had some pretty good people as moderators, that they did everything they could to hound and get rid of - and no I don't necessarily have to be referring to myself to make that statement! If the users here want what they consider to be "quality people" as moderators, first they need to learn to respect those they already have. Who in their right mind, would want a job with no thanks, no pay and no credit given, and nothing but constant slating, backstabbing and disrespect from those you charged to serve? I know I wouldn't...

Oh I forgot, that is exactly why I quit!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: September 06, 2010 01:23PM
Posted by: EC83
So, out of interest, what is the actual list of people who are mods now? According to the footer on the site pages it's Mortal, Vader and Stephan(No Locke, MarcLister or Willb). Bigbrother has just been made a mod. It seems to have changed quite a lot.

Not looking to put anyone on the spot, just a bit confused :S

It was in the GP4 and GP3 forums.

Well to be fair everybody else, those aren't "all the forums" like your previous post said, which is where the confusion came from. A lot of people don't read those forums (especially GP3) so will never have seen it.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
I have to say I never saw the thread's either and I'm a regular in he GP4 forum

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
I didn't see the thread in the GP4 forums either, and I've been there almost every day since I got back from holiday 2 months ago.

X (@ed24f1)
SchueyFan Wrote:
> I didn't see the thread in the GP4 forums either,
> and I've been there almost every day since I got
> back from holiday 2 months ago.

same for me....

My GPGSL Career
Well the thread was there, i respond to it and got the job.

So whats actually the problem ???

Time to get on topic again :-)
Bigbrother Wrote:
> Well the thread was there, i respond to it and got
> the job.

I had a look through your posts in your profile, and I couldn't find any relevant posts in the last 5 months...

It doesn't matter that the thread was deleted, because so was the 2008 Brazilian GP thread, and those posts still show up on post searches.

Bigbrother Wrote:
> So whats actually the problem ???

As I see it, I think the problem, apart from the missing thread, is that a moderator should be as 'neutral' as possible within the community. Regardless of whether its all your fault or not, you have been a very divisive and controversial figure within the community, and have been banned in the past.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 06, 2010 04:11PM
SchueyFan Wrote:
> As I see it, I think the problem, apart from the
> missing thread, is that a moderator should be as
> 'neutral' as possible within the community.
> Regardless of whether its all your fault or not,
> you have been a very divisive and controversial
> figure within the community, and have been banned
> in the past.

+1

After you (Mal) were offered EU3000 to ban him for life, I hardly think it appropriate to make him a moderator.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2010 04:20PM by msater.
Actually if you all would have read Mortals post you would seen that my job would only be the download section. The F1 forum was an error made by Stephan when he modified the settings and the fix will happen when he return from his holiday.

Jealousy, big ego's and selfishness is the downfall from this GP4 Community and you all made part of it.

I never said i am perfect but i had and have always the best interest with the gp4 game and community, if you believe it or not thats your problem not mine.
Date: September 06, 2010 05:14PM
Bigbrother Wrote:
> Actually if you all would have read Mortals post
> you would seen that my job would only be the
> download section. The F1 forum was an error made
> by Stephan when he modified the settings and the
> fix will happen when he return from his holiday.
>
> Jealousy, big ego's and selfishness is the
> downfall from this GP4 Community and you all made
> part of it.
>
> I never said i am perfect but i had and have
> always the best interest with the gp4 game and
> community, if you believe it or not thats your
> problem not mine.

Even if you're only the downloads section moderator, I still think it's inappropriate for you to be a moderator with having 3000EU on your head, within the community.

And I'm not jealous, I don't have any desire to be a moderator of a forum.

Date: September 06, 2010 05:20PM
Posted by: Nickv
You do know that you need to watch your language now you're a mod?

IMO he's been in too many arguments (regardless if he started them or not) in the past to be able to be a credible mod on the actual forum, but as long as he only moderates the download section I can't see a problem.
Date: September 06, 2010 05:32PM
Posted by: Morbid
This exactly how I remember the community to be!

You merge a thread or edit a post, and BAM, the thread completely derails and 20 posts appear over what you are doing, if if it was right, what you should have done instead, if you are fit as a moderator, whatever - and I wasn't a even controversial choice as moderator! You guys need to understand, just how spoiled you are. On almost ALL other sites I frequent, discussing the actions of a moderator leads to at best a warning and probation, and at worst it is straight to ban. Nobody there ever thinks they have the right to chose staff. Someone else is paying the cost, for you to visit this site day in and day out, yet you think you have the GOD GIVEN RIGHT to run the place! The sense of entitlement is just so friggin unbelievable...

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Some persons in here doesn't have anything better todo then nagging, searching for discussion, calling moderators who are here for years names, ... its very simple like Lee always says when he release a file, if you don't like it don't use it same goes for the forum, if you don't like it don't come here anymore and let the members that still enjoy there time here alone with your jealousy, anger, .... comments.

Like said before, i've helped many members in the past with updating their game, providing files, ... and will continue doing that in the future cause i have the best interest in the GP4 game and community and for those that don't believe that is not my problem.

I don't live for a moderator job in here you know, i only responded to mortals request to help him out for the download section and due an error i tried to do my best in the F1 section as moderator to merge the topics cause they were the same, thats all i did as moderator.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2010 06:12PM by Bigbrother.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy