Pirelli 2011 tyre test

Posted by marcl 
Pirelli 2011 tyre test
Date: August 18, 2010 05:52PM
Posted by: marcl
As we all know Nick has left Merc to carry out the testing in last years Toyota.

Here is a link to a picture.

[www.autosport.com]

I am a bit shocked that the other teams allow testing at a Ferrari track due to data logging that this will allow Ferrari, but I guess its one of the only tracks that are available all year for testing.
Re: Pirelli 2011 tyre test
Date: August 18, 2010 05:55PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
How are ferrari going to log that data exactly? Does the track have some sort of awesome sensor system that reads the tyres and car as they travel over it?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 18, 2010 06:12PM
Well according to what they used to say about the tracks then yes :) They used to say the track could log just about everything the car does that is why many teams would never go there. You think how many miles Ferrari tested there all the track sensors, track cameras and everything. But I suppose I am totally wrong anyway.

A real nutaral track would have been in France there are 2 one that Bernie owns and the other not used.

Does not matter but I was just a bit shocked that a Ferrari test track was agreed by all the teams.

It does seem strange now seeing an F1 car with all them add ons, already got used to them without it all.
Date: August 18, 2010 07:03PM
Posted by: J i m
I imagine all that data logging will be available to all the teams anyway via Pirelli.

Date: August 18, 2010 09:06PM
Posted by: chet
Mugello is a high-speed track with fast sweeping corners.

What better way to test the saftey/durability of a new supplier and the constructions provided ;-)!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 18, 2010 09:06PM
Yes having thought about it its actually a great place to test due to all the equipment there.
Date: August 18, 2010 11:46PM
Posted by: Monza972
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It does seem strange now seeing an F1 car with all
> them add ons, already got used to them without it
> all.

:S

It's the 09 car. Everything had gone. Only 08 cars had the riff raff.
Date: August 18, 2010 11:57PM
Posted by: chet
It's the 09 car, but those FW endplates look different to anything the TF109 featured... Though hard to tell with it being all white!

Got to say aswell, looks better in white than in white and red!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 19, 2010 12:05AM
Posted by: gav
HRT testing for next year. Nick to HRT! ;)

I'm curious what useful data could be collected by Ferrari anyway. "Here's what a temperamental, average, year old car which had the opposite characteristics to the Ferrari can do with a foreign driver and on concept rubber"? That'll be really useful data.

Nobody - Toyota included - knew what their own car was going to do before a weekend, so I've no idea how the opposition could gleam any useful info from a car as unpredictable as they come with a driver who's never driven it.
Date: August 19, 2010 12:43AM
Posted by: Frantic
I think Bridgestone should provide Pirelli some tyres so Pirelli can compare the Bridsgestones to their tyres. they arent going to compete anyway.

another thing, I think its logical Pirelli provides the results of the test to every team, thats the reason for testing, isnt it?

and another thing ;), I WANT THE PIRELLI LOGO IN TYRES PRINTED IN YELLOW!

Date: August 19, 2010 12:27PM
Teams would be mad not to sign Nick for next year, its clever by him tbh.
Date: August 19, 2010 07:42PM
Posted by: thestig88
how long before someone asks if the pirelli test car is created and released for gp4! (no im not asking- not interested !) :-)
Date: August 20, 2010 08:29AM
Posted by: alexf1man
For those who ARE interested, all you would need to do is change the 2009 Toyota Livery to match the one in testing (White with Black Pirelli logos).

[en.wikipedia.org] Choose the size you want.
Date: August 20, 2010 01:50PM
Posted by: madotter

Already got one made :) I just made it (very basic obviously) because you said that!

Thanks,
Iain.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy