25 move-over for Schumi
1 overtake on Schumi
0 championships

;)
Re: Rubens Barrichello 300 GPs
Date: August 12, 2010 08:50PM
Posted by: chet
25 move-overs?

Really?! wow! Can anyone provide a list?

And only 1 overtake on Schumacher?

Its nice to know he's not ashamed of not having won the WDC.Dont want to repeat myself but Rubens is such a great guy lol!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 12, 2010 08:57PM
Posted by: Guimengo
That blog page only exists to make fun of anyone, the numbers are just jokes :P
Date: August 12, 2010 09:44PM
Posted by: gav
Chet's interested in aerodynamics. He doesn't have a sense of humour. ;-)

Edit, oh yeah.. epic Rubens gets more epic as epic Rubens gets older. The guy is becoming a legend, in more ways than one. :D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2010 09:45PM by gav.
Date: August 12, 2010 10:09PM
It just doesnt come as obvious ;)!

I read an interesting stat that was the amount of F1 races (8xx) and the Rubens will have started at least 300 of them! Thats amazing! When you start to think about the cars he was racing, who he was racing compared to now, you start to realize what an achievement it is! And yet he is arguably at his best now. Apparently he's well into talks with Williams for next year... will he stay for 2012 though? I think he should try make it to finish 2013 to make it 20 years of racing in F1!

Date: August 12, 2010 10:53PM
Posted by: gav
chet
And yet he is arguably at his best now.

Hmm. I think Ferrari took a lot of his zest away from him. Dimmed his talent somewhat.

Pre-Ferrari he was capable of some of the most outrageously awesome performances. He wasn't consistent enough, but sometimes his speed in Jordans and Stewarts were incredible.

He gets little credit for Donington '93, especially as his car failed him towards the end, but he shone brighter than Senna that day.

People say his pole at Spa in '94 was only due to the weather, and that he wilted on the sunny race day... the truth was he likely would have won that race had he not crashed, as he was right behind the Williams cars with a pit-stop in hand.

Interlagos every year he's rises above himself, and never to any reward. His drive in 1999 was exceptional... and again he retired.

Silverstone '03 is still one of the best wins I have ever seen. With Schumacher languishing towards the back of the field, Rubens was passing people around the outside and in the most obscure of places.

He didn't produce enough of those epic races, but then I suppose he didn't have much chance being down the pecking order at Ferrari.
Date: August 13, 2010 09:38AM
Posted by: msater
Rubens is one of my favourite drivers, congrats Rubens for the incredible number of GPs! He really deserves to win a WDC! :)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: August 13, 2010 01:58PM
Posted by: senninho
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chet's interested in aerodynamics. He doesn't have
> a sense of humour. ;-)
>
> Edit, oh yeah.. epic Rubens gets more epic as epic
> Rubens gets older. The guy is becoming a legend,
> in more ways than one. :D

Aerodynamics is serious business. There's no margin for fun with vortex generators ;)

Seriously though, Rubens is a top bloke - like Gav says, there are many races where he has been awesome - i think Silverstone '03 is my favourite.

Date: August 13, 2010 06:12PM
Silverstone is one of my favourite races. Rubens never pulled out enough of those drives though. They are easily equal to the best drives from the best drivers, but just didnt do it enough :(.

One thing id like to ask him is, would he do it all the same again? I suspect he'd join Ferrari, but this time be more of force in demanding things from the team, such as equality :p

if only we had a star-trek holodeck we could relive it all that way :p

Aerodynamics is serious business. There's no margin for fun with vortex generators

Especially when you get the sharp ones :p

Date: August 13, 2010 07:47PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
I remember some of his drives in 1999 where incredible

He was fantastic at Interlagos and I was gutted for him when the car broke down

Imola he was on the podium and I can't forget France, that was a mental race even if he didn't win

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: August 14, 2010 04:03PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Rubens is just the best :D

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: August 14, 2010 11:03PM
Posted by: vorkez
I've always had a little soft spot for Rubens, even when he was chasing Button for the title, out of the two I didn't know who I wanted to win the title!

Now he's with my favourite team and you can see that he is really shining! I mean, he's putting that Williams in positions it just shouldn't be!

Well done to Rubens, and I hope he pulls Williams further up the field before he retires, and when he does they honour him in F1, he deserves something spectacular for his achievement!
Date: August 15, 2010 09:58AM
Posted by: mortal
I saw Rubens on Top Gear last week, and he put in the fastest time for the small car around the Top Gear track. He is a true gentleman and there should be more like him in F1. I've always liked Rubens. Perhaps something good will be done for him when he retires, I cannot think of anyone more deserving than Rubens.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 15, 2010 11:14AM
He will probably get a corner named after him at one of the tracks...

Maybe turn 8 turkey :p

I suppose once he finally retires, then that will be it. I dont think he'd want to work for the FIA or anything...

Date: August 15, 2010 04:27PM
Posted by: Lex
chet schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I suppose once he finally retires, then that will
> be it. I dont think he'd want to work for the FIA
> or anything...

I think he'll race in the StockCar Brazil. IIRC he said something about it some years ago, when he didn't have a secure seat in F1 for the next year.

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Date: August 15, 2010 08:18PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
a good guy. not wdc material imho

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: August 16, 2010 12:34AM
Posted by: super__alonso
300 GP's is a fantastic acheivement
Date: August 16, 2010 06:36PM
Posted by: alexf1man
He's more likely to have Grandstand B on main straight at Interlagos named after him.

Also I think they should name Grandstand S in honour of Senna, and F after Fittipaldi. Both are just after the "Senna S"
Date: August 24, 2010 12:08AM
Posted by: raulongo
Now is Williams F1 to do some nice livery for him for the Spa GP :)

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: August 26, 2010 09:28PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Williams surprised him with a small celebration

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy