Silverstone Jobs

Posted by badger27 
Silverstone Jobs
Date: July 01, 2010 05:28AM
Posted by: badger27
Dear all,

I have noticed the enthusiasm that this community has for some years, and whilst I have spectated on many occasion and contributed for a short time (a few GP3 liveries are my only contribution), I would like to reward everyone with an opportunity...

I was contacted earlier this evening by a friend of my brother with regards to hospitality personnel for the British Grand Prix at Silverstone. I was offered a job to work the event and was told that this would probably mean that we would end up watching the British GP on the sidelines. However, the gentleman who told me of the offer said that because of the lack of responses they gained by admin agencies, that the more of my friends I gained the more likely the work would occur.

If you are interested, the requirements are as follows:

--> Arrive at Silverstone at 2pm on Thursday 8th July (anyone who wants to apply knows the days/dates surely!)
--> Work Fri-Sun at (UK) minimum wage (You will also be given two meals a day, either through vouchers at the event or through the company itself)
--> Provide your own transport to the event
--> Provide your own tent during the event

To apply for such an opportunity, you must fill in an application form (I have yet to receive one myself but when I do, I will post links to it, or send me an email to phillipj.badger@gmail.com for it), specifying your interest).

The more people the better the chance we can work at one of the most important races of the year, and I hope this community would assist!

Thank you to you all,

Phil Badger

Thanks to the GPG community

Phil Badger.

Williams' Wonders: Jones, K.Rosberg, Piquet, Mansell, Prost, Senna, Hill, Villeneuve, .....?
Re: Silverstone Jobs
Date: July 01, 2010 06:49AM
Posted by: RebelWithoutaCause
Lol, the first thing came to my mind after reading the title of this topic at the main page was Steve Jobs.
Date: July 01, 2010 11:06AM
Posted by: J i m
Very commendable...However I feel that "watching British GP on the sidelines" is putting a positive spin on the inevitable fact you'd only really hear some of it and see probably absolutely none of it.

You certainly wouldn't be in the spectator enclosures, unless you're one of those annoying "spectator marshals" who do bugger all but stand in front of the rails.

So you'll probably only see that action on screen in the hospitality unit you'll be working at if indeed it even has one. Personally to go to a race, and not actually see any of the action through my eyes is my idea of hell.

Now... if you want to work at a motor race and you're not a mechanical or engineer type etc... you need to look into track marshalling or media photography. Because as a track Marshall you get a close up view, and are part of the action to some extent, photographers get the kind of access that most people would sell an arm and a leg for.

I certainly wouldn't want to work in an hospitality unit, and miss all the racing for it, weather I'm paid for it or not.

Date: July 01, 2010 12:32PM
Posted by: Willb
Jim you might not, but for some of us this could be a great opportunity. I'm quite interested it just depends what work I have on next week.

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: July 01, 2010 12:57PM
I think it would be a worthy opportunity for people who aren't actually employed. Because it's something to put on your CV, and tell the JC etc. Show's initiative willingness to work etc.

But for someone who's already paid for their ticket to watch the race, it's utterly pointless.

Date: July 01, 2010 06:53PM
Posted by: chet
I am currently looking for temp work, this would be an awesome weekend of work.

If i dont see anythign idc, just being paid to hear these machines is appeal enough :p

Be sure to post the application link, adn thanks very much!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 01, 2010 11:37PM
Posted by: msater
Dammit, I'm not old enough :( I'm only 15 :(

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: July 02, 2010 12:37PM
Posted by: badger27
I don't have a link to any application because the job was offered to me by a friend of a friend. I've received the application form this morning. I can forward email addresses to the organiser if you wish, or I can send the application to you.

Please be aware that you must provide the following for the application form:

Copies of two of the following: Passport, Full Birth Certificate, or Drivers license both card and paper
A Utility Bill or Bank Statement
Written references if available
Passport size photo

Williams' Wonders: Jones, K.Rosberg, Piquet, Mansell, Prost, Senna, Hill, Villeneuve, .....?
Date: July 02, 2010 02:47PM
Posted by: Willb
@J i m - Obviously you have a comfortable job and can afford to go the Grand Prix, many of us cannot afford this luxury year on year ;). And The idea of mingling with possibly famous people is pretty cool. To be honest though, I really don't know why you bothered reading the thread if you weren't interested in the work. The thread title pretty much gives you a good idea of what may have been coming.

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: July 03, 2010 12:08AM
The title says "Silverstone Jobs" That could have meant any permanent job at the venue and surrounding motorsport industrial estate from security to marshalling.

If you happend to instantly know it referred to a 3 day hospitality job simply from the tiltle then you're physic, or else had heard of the opportunity elsewhere.

Like it or not I have as much right to view and reply to this thread as anyone regardless if i'm interested in applying. I could as easily say, if you don't like my view then don't read it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy