Bernie wants double the annual charge for Turkish GP or no GP for 2011

Posted by madotter 
i see, but, anyway, i didnt know it was taught different around the world... so... we were all right ;)

Amazing how Bernie trying to rip off Istanbul can end up as a bloody stupid arguement about continents.
Uncanny, as Istanbul is the only major city built on two continents.

Sorry. :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2010 06:13AM by EC83.
Dear 'ol Bernie's probably more worried about incontinence. Is he thinking...'every time there's a ripping race, I'll double the ask'?

Its a great track and F1 would be mad to price it off the calendar. I'd love to see V8 Supercars flying around it.
Turn out is horribly low, so at least there are some genuine arguments for pulling it. Still, low attendances and a high asking price from Bernie... yeah, that's going to work out.

Bernie's bored with a track so he's trying to make space for another of his tracks until he gets bored of that too?

It's a shame he's entirely drawn by $$$ signs now, especially as he was a team owner previously, so must have had some love for the sporting side of it.
That is exactly the point gav, how can you ask for more money when the attendance is poor?
I don't get why though. He isn't exactly short of cash, is he? Why is there a need to do this, as long term, this is killing the sport.

Mind you, with all the tracks he is getting set up, there are truckloads to choose from as backup should some refuse or turn down a spot.

So in some ways, its a long term gain.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Turn out is horribly low, so at least there are
> some genuine arguments for pulling it.

Apparently this year was at least better than 2009 for crowd numbers, including a larger contingent of Russian and Bulgarian fans.

X (@ed24f1)
danm
I don't get why though. He isn't exactly short of cash, is he? Why is there a need to do this, as long term, this is killing the sport.

If FOM have shareholders then I believe he is legally obliged to make them money where possible.
The fee doesn't go into Bernies pocket of course, it goes to FOM (as Gav mentioned). FOM is what provides *everything* for us.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
He setup FOM but now he's basically employed by his lovechild, isn't he? 75% of it was bought by banks.

I hope new possible venues see what Bernie is doing and stop offering to build a track and host a GP, knowing there's no loyalty there as well as a good chance of big net losses.
Anyone knows when CVC Capital Partners finishes their partnership with Bernie?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy