Hamilton charged

Posted by mortal 
Re: Hamilton charged
Date: August 24, 2010 03:55PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Might just send a car insurance bill to him.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: August 24, 2010 03:59PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
yeah, probably - although in the judge's defence that was apparently the maximum fine possible. he didn't convict Hamilton, which is probably the best news for him, as a criminal record could've impact his entry into some countries (although unlikely considering his status)

unfortunately a lot of the public reaction (i.e. from online comments on the newspaper story) seems to be based on how the laws are stupid, defending Hamilton and even that the whole event was an embarrassment for Australia...

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 26, 2010 08:52AM
Posted by: shep34
A lot of people here in Melbourne have commented online how ridiculous the actions of Hamilton were, and how dangerous it was. Also, how poor the penalty he got from the court hearing....
Well, as a driver on Melbourne roads, I would gladly be a passenger in a car with Hamilton compared to many of the poor, dangerous, slow and inept drivers that use our roads every day!
As for the penalty, our laws are way too lenient on many things. Road incidents can produce heavy to totally trivial penalties. Our legal system is mystifying at best, so trying to sort out what penalty what crime deserves, that is anyones guess!!!
Date: August 26, 2010 07:53PM
Posted by: chet
What was Lewis doing exactly?

A burnout?

I would argue speeding offenses, such as that by JB and Brawn last year are far worse! Brawn was caught doing 100+mph I thought...

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 26, 2010 10:06PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What was Lewis doing exactly?
>
> A burnout?
>
> I would argue speeding offenses, such as that by
> JB and Brawn last year are far worse! Brawn was
> caught doing 100+mph I thought...

I'd agree. Lewis obviously should be fined and given a slap on the wrist. He broke the law and should be punished accordingly. But I think it's been blown way out of proportion too. But that's what they do.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 27, 2010 12:51AM
Posted by: chet
Yup!

Im sure worse has been done in the past...

I think its come down to whoever that road saftey guy for Oz was and what he said pre-GP about road saftey... and he's just using Lewis as an example that people will get punished.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 27, 2010 01:03AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
It didn't help Lewis' cause that there was a fatality very close to where he did his burn-out earlier that day.

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy