Hamilton charged

Posted by mortal 
Hamilton charged
Date: May 23, 2010 01:06AM
Posted by: mortal
Lewis Hamilton has been officially charged for hoon driving. A summons has been served and he is due in court August 24th.

Article here: Lewis, you HOON!

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Hamilton charged
Date: May 23, 2010 01:36AM
Posted by: Covfan
TAC Minister Tim Holding said Hamilton's brush with Victoria's tough anti-hoon laws was proof no one was given preferential treatment on the state's roads.

Until an MP or a member of his family get caught doing it...
Date: May 23, 2010 02:22AM
Posted by: ralv585
Why has it taken so long to charge him?

Why didn't they just give him a fine and put points on his license then and there?

Date: May 23, 2010 04:42AM
Posted by: shep34
Tim Holding should be shutting his trap. His stupidity alone at getting lost with NO safety beacons prove how dumb he is. I actually spent my high school years with this fool, and he was a fool then too..... there is the political swipe done...

As for Hamilton, well.... do the crime, do the time! If i drive on the same bit of road as he did, do the same thing, my car would be impounded, me fined, license lost etc... One rule for all.
Date: May 23, 2010 09:04AM
Posted by: mortal
I think they did impound the car, and they can't take away his licence, because he doesn't have a Victorian licence they can take away. That's why he got a summons. I doubt he'll appear though.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 23, 2010 11:25AM
Posted by: casabonka
Yup, car was impounded for 48 hours. He is due to appear the Tuesday before the belgian GP :)

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: May 23, 2010 12:01PM
Posted by: gav
The car was sold at auction.

Edit: OK, some places say it was sold at auction for $160,000, others that it was impounded for 48 hours.

Meh - like it will matter to him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2010 12:03PM by gav.
Date: May 23, 2010 04:07PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
yes, it was going to be sold - but i can't see any article confirming the auction took place.

[www.heraldsun.com.au]

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 23, 2010 04:24PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
sometimes i hate this country.
Date: May 25, 2010 01:44AM
Posted by: The_Ozz_Man
Thanks Vic Police for making us Aussies look stupid!

Book him in court the same time as the GB Grand prix

The Thunder from Downunder

Date: May 25, 2010 04:08AM
Posted by: EC83
Jeez, this took its time.

Do legal processes always take this long in Australia? :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2010 05:08AM by EC83.
Date: May 25, 2010 09:54AM
Posted by: shep34
Speaking as a resident of Melbourne, I will put my "local" hat on.
Hamilton broke the law, and deserves to suffer the consequences. However, I would be amazed if much, if anything really comes of this! Hamilton will not attend court, I would be 99% sure of it - unless he actually chooses to attend. He will probably cop a fine, and that will be about it.
We have a huge problem in Melbourne and Australia in general, of "hoon driving". Hamilton's burnout came at a time when hoon behaviour was high in the public attention, and his actions were poorly timed, very badly chosen location to do such a thing, and he is a celebrity. The police have every right to penalise him. I for one am glad to see a celebrity under this scrutiny! If you or I did a burnout where Hamilton did, you or I would have lost your drivers' license, had your car impounded, and been fined. All worthy punishments.

Melbourne is home to too many hoons and moronic youths who think the road is theirs to demonstrate how fast they can drive, show off to their mates, and inevitably wrap their cars around trees killing themselves or others. There has been a massive focus on trying to curb this sort of behaviour. Unfortuneatly for Lewis Hamilton, he did a burnout in the wrong place at the wrong time! His stupidity deserves punishment. And, perhaps by punishing Hamilton, the hoons in Melbourne may take notice of it, and have a think about what could happen to them.... I wont be holding my breath though!!
Date: May 25, 2010 11:13AM
Posted by: marcl
They recon he will not attend and will get a fine and a ban from driving on their public roads for 2 years.
Date: May 25, 2010 12:33PM
shep34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Unfortuneatly for Lewis Hamilton, he
> did a burnout in the wrong place at the wrong
> time! His stupidity deserves punishment. And,
> perhaps by punishing Hamilton, the hoons in
> Melbourne may take notice of it, and have a think
> about what could happen to them.... I wont be
> holding my breath though!!

It didn't help that there was a fatal road accident just down the road from his burnout earlier that morning.

I do see your point, its probably a better message to come down overly hard than too soft, which doesn't send a great message out. Hopefully they make him attend ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 26, 2010 03:57PM
Posted by: mcdo
Every fatality on the roads is a tragedy.

What is the logic behind suspending a D/L for 6-12 or more months but only impounding a car for 24-48 hrs? Logically speaking, what odds are raised for unlicensed and possibly more hoon driving?

Maybe the offender doesn't own the car? Owner beware. How many hoon offenders see their hoon cars crushed into street signs?
Date: May 27, 2010 03:08AM
Posted by: Slash
well good news for Hamilton, Herbert will be steward again in Turkey... hey he might run away with a few things there, no?.. at least in the race track he will... :p
Date: August 24, 2010 11:11AM
Posted by: marcl
Well Lewis got a small fine really £288.

[www.bbc.co.uk]
Date: August 24, 2010 11:35AM
Posted by: casabonka
According to [www.gpupdate.net] his measly 16m euros a year might just cover that!

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: August 24, 2010 12:51PM
Especially after he insulted the Victorian police I would have loved it if they forced him to attend (or gave him a bigger penalty), but life moves on.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 24, 2010 03:11PM
Posted by: zulu_85
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Especially after he insulted the Victorian police
> I would have loved it if they forced him to attend
> (or gave him a bigger penalty), but life moves on.

I think the irony would be that if they had forced him to attend then his travel costs would be, what, 5-10x his actual fine? If my figures are right he theoretically gets paid £288 every...oh...3 minutes? I'd say he's earned enough money to pay his fine and buy the officers he apparently insulted a relatively nice present as a token of apology in the time it's taken me to write this message.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy