Proof that Formula 1 is so much better before!!!

Posted by PaleVampire 
Proof that Formula 1 is so much better before!!!
Date: April 29, 2010 12:04PM
Posted by: PaleVampire

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2010 07:02AM by PaleVampire.
That might just have got lost in translation but I'm not sure what your point is?......
Re: Proof that Formula 1 is so much better before!!!
Date: April 29, 2010 02:06PM
Posted by: danm
I don't like RoPats eyebrows.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: April 29, 2010 04:54PM
Posted by: kubica2
LOL

that isnt proof of anything,

you have shown a video series of onboards of overtaking from the 80s and 90s,

... and then it compared to a video with selected crashes in modern f1.

Look up PROOF in a dictionary, it does not mean 'EXTREMELY BIASED SELECTED EVIDENCE'

I
Date: April 29, 2010 07:52PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I'd say in the past there was an advantage of technology not being as far developed as today so there was a lot of oscillation in results. There also was Ayrton Senna. Your post is biased, as people here said!

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
First of all, this music is so bad it's actually offensive.

Secondly, what is your point? That Senna had good race craft? wat? The video shows some pretty awesome racing at times.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

My response to the above - overtakes from 2008 (mute button at the ready - awful music again! - why do people insist on putting horrendous soundtracks over the glorious sound of an f1 engine...)

Edit: It's a wee bit Hamilton biased, but then again, much as i hate him, he is a demon overtaker...

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2010 05:32PM by harjinator.
harjinator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Edit: It's a wee bit Hamilton biased, but then
> again, much as i hate him, he is a demon
> overtaker...

Hamilton's always had a bit of a car advantage with his overtaking though. He's always had the Mercedes engine which is probably the most powerful, he had the best KERS last year, and now the F-Duct this year.

He is a good overtaker, but this certainly has helped him.

X (@ed24f1)
true enough, but kovaleinen had the same machinery, and really didn't make the same use of it. There's just more aggression in hamilton - he sees the chance and goes for it - look at the move on DC in Singapore 2008 - he was so far behind, i doubt anybody else would have even attempted it - if only he was more likable off the track (as in actually had a personality of his own that wasn't either team given, or pure idiotic), then i'd more enthusiastically root for him.

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
That videos pretty good, but it also illustrates what an advantage Lewis had at times. Even Heikki was shown to be pulling off some great moves, and he isn't that good a driver at all. What the video does show is how good Heidfeld is.

Disappointed with that #1 pass. Even if you ignore the fact it's all BS and he skipped the course and then McLaren lied about coming off the throttle (shocker, McLaren lying? NEVER!), it wasn't even that good a pass. Massa around the outside at Hungary was much better. Massa on Webber at Fuji is perhaps my favorite, because I'm surprised Massa can even fit in the car with balls that f**king massive. And that's from someone who isn't a fan of Massa at all.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Lewis is a sensational driver but it just bugs me that not only he has a great car but he also gets the benefit of the doubt (even without a doubt) far too many times. I know that in a few of years I will learn to appreciate him though.

Edit: About Nick, I think it shows how good he was at taking advantage of overtaking/lapping situations. To me he just never felt as good as some say, he was just a solid driver but I guess he didn't have much of a "range" in performance, in GP4 terms.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2010 11:58PM by Guimengo.
Date: May 04, 2010 06:41AM
Posted by: EC83
Massa's move round the outside of Hamilton in Hungary was easily better than any of Lewis's moves that season IMO. It was just @#$%& awesome. Made all the better by the fact it just came from nowhere, and off the back of two terrible performances from him.
He pulled off some nice moves in Canada too, even if they benefited from other drivers getting offline/making mistakes.

Date: May 04, 2010 11:12AM
Posted by: gav
Technically Massa's wasn't good. He went in with locked wheels, all over the place, but in still slowing it down and getting turned in ahead of Hamilton, it more than makes up for the technical failings.

It's what the best overtakes are. Messy, right on the limit, around the outside of what's supposed to be one of the best overtakers themselves. A bit like Piquet on Senna, ironically on the same corner (though before the revamp of course).

Heidfeld can't overtake. He can't even raise his game. He's there, he's consistent, he's good, but he's not flamboyant in any way at all. Then he hooks it all up and overtakes 2 people in one move. Twice. Brilliant. :D
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Edit: About Nick, I think it shows how good he was
> at taking advantage of overtaking/lapping
> situations. To me he just never felt as good as
> some say, he was just a solid driver but I guess
> he didn't have much of a "range" in performance,
> in GP4 terms.

One of Heidfeld's best quality was his amazing knack to pop up on the podium at those weird races where there are lots of safety cars, bad weather, high attrition etc.

for example; Malaysia 09, Belgium 08, Britain 08, Canada 08, Australia 08, Hungary 06 etc.

He seems to have a good eye for making a good strategy out of a bad position

X (@ed24f1)
my favourite move from the vid is the one of massa on webber in japan... was just plain crazy really, proper edge of the seat action - easily up there with some of the great overtakes (even if most of the drama came from webber's lunacy in pushing massa against the pitwall in the first place). But that's where some of the best action comes from i suppose - moments of complete madness - the red mist descending

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy