Alonso’s thumbs insured for 10m euros

Posted by elpasho2005f1 
Alonso’s thumbs insured for 10m euros
Date: April 28, 2010 02:14PM
Posted by: elpasho2005f1
hahaha

Ferrari sponsor Santander has insured Fernando Alonso’s thumbs for five million euros (£4.3m) each.

The Spanish financial services giant announced at an event in Madrid on Monday that it had signed a new one-year personal sponsorship deal with Alonso, who will now be sponsored by the company’s insurance arm as well as its banking division.

The double world champion has been given accident and life insurance, with special cover for his thumbs, as part of a Santander publicity campaign ahead of the Spanish Grand Prix.

“Alonso’s thumbs are a symbol, as well as being essential for driving a Formula 1 car, in that they make a sign of victory and show that everything is under control and well protected,” Santander said in a statement.

Alonso added: “Being close to risk in my profession made me understand that protection is a fundamental aspect.

“I knew that Santander is the best bank in the world, but now I’ve discovered that they are also leaders in insurance.

“So I could only choose one of the best possible partners in this field.”
Re: Alonso’s thumbs insured for 10m euros
Date: April 28, 2010 02:28PM
Posted by: Morbid
That's odd. I feel this irresistible urge.

Overpowering...

... must... have... thumbs... INSURED!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: April 28, 2010 07:10PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
it proves that it is a very slow news week when this publicity stunt keeps getting spread around ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 28, 2010 08:19PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it proves that it is a very slow news week when
> this publicity stunt keeps getting spread around
> ;)

Why is nothing happening (Except the rumours about the engines)? I usually expect some hilarious driver rumours around this time.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2010 08:19PM by Incident 2k9.
Date: April 28, 2010 08:24PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I usually expect some hilarious
> driver rumours around this time.

There was one about de la Rosa last week.

Of course there is the psychoanalysis of Schumacher's return that pops up every few days.

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy