Stirling Moss on Schumacher

Posted by kubica2 
Stirling Moss on Schumacher
Date: April 23, 2010 03:04PM
Posted by: kubica2
From interview published on planet-f1.com
"A lot of media focus has also been cast on Michael Schumacher after his disappointing start to the season. People say it's because he's been away for three years and that sort of stuff, but I'm going to stick to what I said at the start of the season: Until now, he's never had a truly competitive team-mate. His seven world titles are, in my mind, misleading and I think we are seeing proof of that now he is up against Rosberg. What's more I'm not sure he is taking F1 as seriously as he was earlier in his career. You need a compulsion to be there, you can't just do it for fun, and I don't think Schumacher has that compulsion anymore. To win you need to believe that there is no way anybody else can beat you and, frankly, I don't think he's in that kind of mindset. It seems as though this year is just part of his retirement rather than an extension of his career.

I hear Mercedes has got some big updates coming to the car and a lot of people are saying that will benefit Schumacher. But I think an intelligent team like Mercedes will develop the car to suit both drivers, so I don't see the order changing anytime soon. Rosberg has proved himself as the team's No.1 and he's been faster than Schumacher in all circumstances. That will be an enormous boost for his self-confidence and that will filter back to the team. Earlier I said that Button had joined my top three drivers, but I wouldn't say the same about Rosberg just yet. We shouldn't let our judgement be clouded by the fact he is beating Schumacher as that isn't quite the achievement it used to be"
Re: Stirling Moss on Schumacher
Date: April 23, 2010 07:31PM
Posted by: tripleM
Rosberg beating Schumacher is not quite the achievement it used to be because Schumacher isn't as good as people thought he was because he is beaten by Rosberg.

Okay.

Date: April 23, 2010 07:38PM
Posted by: danm
I agree. I like Sutil.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: April 23, 2010 07:43PM
Posted by: Slash
the greatest driver never to win a championship, making comments on one of the greatest drivers of all time :-o

a lot of people are enjoying seeing Schumacher strugling.... it's easier for him to drive clean dry races at first until he settles, but he's only had 1... Jaques Villeneuve was fired from BAR, he made a comeback in Renault and stuggle massively even thou the car/tyres and rules where the same... then after Switching to Sauber, it took him about half season to get up to Speed

Michael is starting fresh, in a new team after being for 14 years with Ferrari and a complete new rules and cars, i hoped he was up to speed immediately, but it was expected that it would've taken some time
Date: April 24, 2010 03:03AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I am enjoying seeing Rosberg in a better car, he's a quality driver. As Gav pointed out somewhere, Schumi likes twitchy cars and the Brawn is quite stable so he must adapt his old driving style in this comeback. I am loving the fact he's in the midfield and had 2 unlucky things happen in the 1st 3 races, while 2 unlucky things happened to him at Ferrari in maybe a 4 year interval ;).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy