Kubica 2010

Posted by mitadumapaga 
Re: Kubica 2010
Date: April 11, 2010 09:37PM
Posted by: abdelkader
This is right.

Ironically, thanks to this tragedy, the whole world will now forever remember what the word "KATYN" means.

Whatever we may think about the deceased president, he always fought for Poland being recognized in the world. He was extremely conscious of Katyn genocide.
Back then, 70 years ago, we lost the most significant countrymen - now we lost them again at the very same place, at the very same time of year.

I think the president's mission is now fully accomplished. If we forget it one day...it means we're stupid.

By the way, Kubica decided to retire from the rally to pay the tribute to the victims of the crash.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2010 09:45PM by abdelkader.
Date: April 14, 2010 12:37AM
Posted by: EC83
Yes, very sad news.

RIP :(

Date: April 16, 2010 06:46AM
Posted by: Slash
being Russian, Petrov doesn't really get enough advertisement, but the guy's been doing a good job too...

remember he's just starting his F1 carreer
Date: April 16, 2010 08:29AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I think Petrov has shown some good speed so far, but has made quite a lot of mistakes at the same time.

If he can put a weekend together, I think he can easily contend for some points.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 16, 2010 09:48AM
Posted by: chet
He certainly seems to be ahead of what Grosjean and Piquet were imo.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 16, 2010 11:02PM
Yes, it seems so - although the car is much better than it was for Grosjean, so its hard to judge his performances - also considering he didn't test the car beforehand as well.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 17, 2010 03:13AM
Posted by: EC83
Petrov has been a bit leary so far, but not unacceptably so for a rookie, and he fought back brilliantly against Lewis when they battled in Malaysia. So I'd say he's actually not been too shabby so far.

Date: April 18, 2010 08:12PM
Today seemed to be an epitomy of Petrov's year so far - fast but erratic.

Anyway, he did very well, and especially at the end of the race where he kept his tyres going well and made some good inroads.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 23, 2010 02:39PM
Posted by: kubica2
davidm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is that really likely? Alonso will surely assume
> the status of number one over a little time and
> Massa will be the ideal back up driver.

dont be so sure, that was said also when Kimi Raikonnen was at Ferrari, and look what happened there, Massa stayed and Kimi got the boot. Massa has matured into an immensely talented driver, he didnt start out so in f1, but has improved every year, which cant be said of many drivers.
Date: April 25, 2010 10:33AM
Posted by: alexf1man
I like how Petrov has been gaining several places from the grid at EVERY race :-) He has been impressive in that respect.

I liked the Hamilton-Petrov battle in Malaysia, and the way he followed his team-mate in China until the late stages, when he spun and lost a place to Vettel.

Let's see what he does compared to Kubica because he definitely has potential.

Everyone remember that Kubica has been very good on tracks with heavy braking or lots of slow corners, e.g. Canada (he won in 2008), Valencia and probably Monaco (in a good car of course).
Date: April 25, 2010 11:43AM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
I just wanna say do not write off Kubica for this years Canadian GP. He and Petrov have performed exquisitely in the Renault, and although it might be a bit behind the 'Big Four' in terms of pace, Kubica will want to repeat '08.

Petrov will improve over the season, as alexf1man said, he has been excellent in getting off the grid and making up the places. The points he got will be a catalyst in perhaps some point-scoring form too.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: April 26, 2010 03:35AM
Posted by: Lex
When I first read that Kubica was heading to Renault, my first thought was "man, he's going backwards in his career. not very good a season in BMW's last year, and now this." But boy, did he prove me wrong. He's driving his Renault to positions it wouldn't get, and he's right there in the title-fighting pack.

I just wanna say do not write off Kubica for this years Canadian GP.

I can't see him winning a normal race. Then again, since when is the Canadian GP a normal race? [=

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Date: April 26, 2010 04:39AM
Posted by: danm
Against Petrov though, who is to say that the Renault is a bad car?

I think it is the best Renault since Alonso's 06 title. Double check the illusions.

Either that, or Petrov is a mega talent.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: April 27, 2010 10:09AM
Posted by: zulu_85
I did read a season preview, I think maybe on espn, which suggested that Petrov could only silence his doubters if he matched Kubica on points and pace, which I think is a bloody tall order and a mite unfair.

Personally I think the Renault *is* a decent car - not a race-winning car yet - and probably while Kubica is performing miracles with it, Petrov is probably not quite there yet as well. Petrov is that bit slower than Kubica, however he is still only a rookie. I do think he is a talented driver, fast off the grid and competitive, and appears much more at home and on the ball than Grosjean and Piquet ever did, although Renault is now a new team, not necessarily so wrapped around its #1 driver.

I think (hopefully without jinxing anything) Petrov will score quite a few points this year and will get into Q3 a few times. Will he get a podium? I'm not so sure - but then with Kubica I see more podiums but probably not the top step, much as I would love to see Kubica win and Petrov score a podium (or win as well for that matter).

I'll be interested to see Petrov's fortunes at Valencia - the last three times he's gone to the city or its environs he's won a race. ;)
Date: April 27, 2010 11:23AM
Posted by: gav
Petrov is reminding me of Diniz at the moment. A pay driver who would likely be slow in a poor car, but give him a decent one and he can give some very good performances.

He's just been too erratic so far. He can have great moments, but they're normally outdone several times over by a weak stint or mistake. He's trying to be a hero, but isn't capable of it yet. He needs to calm down a touch and think about his racing more.
Date: April 27, 2010 12:51PM
Posted by: casabonka
I think of all the newbies, He is doing an equal great job with Chandhok. I was expecting Karun and Vitaly to be two of the worst, but they both seem to know what they are doing. Especially compared to Hulkenberg and di Grassi
Renault have said this is a rebuilding year for a serious attack next year, and I think they are well on the way!

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: April 27, 2010 01:00PM
Petrov imo has so far made Piquet and Grosjean look as useless, as they.. ermm well appeared!

He is a little erratic, but unlike Grosjean and Piquet, Petrov has shown pace!

Date: April 27, 2010 04:05PM
Petrov has a much better car than Grosjean had though, and has made a similar amount of mistakes.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 27, 2010 05:32PM
Posted by: kubica2
lets face it, petrovs results have been crap, if he was a bigger name, like 'piquet' last year because of his dad, or if he had been a past GP2 or Champcar champion (like Bourdais), then more people would be on his back, but he is lucky in that he has come into f1, having never achieved anything, without anyone expecting too much of him (which is unfair to so many other drivers who are achieving outside F1, and cant even get into an crap F1 team like Virgin). In F1 you are only as good as your results, and at the moment he is not good, not good in qualifying, cant set up the car as well as his teammate, and is dreadfully slower then his teammate. seriously, watch the onboards of Kubica, then watch the onboards of Petrov, and you can really see the difference in skill between someone who can win in F1 and someone who is making up the numbers in F1 (even watch onboards of Kubica in his fist f1 races). you can see on the onboard videos, that Petrov is putting in a big effort, but he is so twitchy, puts on too much power with the throttle which loses traction and loses tenths of seconds, he cant put a perfect lap together ever, and Kubica does good laps, lap after lap after lap.
I know its only 4 races into his career, but he wont have a 10 year career in F1, he will be like any other pay driver, even the best pay drivers havent lasted.
Now there have been drivers that have been not the best at the start and improved immensely in their careers, ie Felipe Massa. But Massa was lucky to catch the eye of a team like Ferrari, which have helped his career grow. I dont think Petrov will ever get to such a position, its a very rare occurence in F1. He needs to perform just like all the other drivers, and at the moment he hasnt. Next few races will make or break his career. Good luck to him.
Date: April 27, 2010 11:31PM
Dont even begin to compare Kubica nad Petrov.

Ive never been so impressed by Kubica. Before this season to me, he was over-rated, but so far ive been proven wrong. Kubica is driving sensationally, and Renault have said they've never had such a hard-working driver!

To compare a grandprix winner against a rookie is impossible.

Petrov is erratic, but in terms if raw pace, he has shown some, at least more so than Grosjean and Piquet ever did IMO. Petrov seems closer to Kubica, than either Grosjean or Piquet ever did. If Petrov is no better halfway through, then he should get replaced, but so far imo he's doing a stirling job. Nobody expected him to do well, or to do anything really, but he so far has been very impressive imo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy