2010 Formula 1™ Chinese GP THREAD **SPOILERS**

Posted by raulongo 
2010 Formula 1™ Chinese GP THREAD **SPOILERS**
Date: April 13, 2010 04:38PM
Posted by: raulongo
2010 Formula 1™ Chinese GP. 16, 17, 18 April 2010.

Although we didn't see the first running of the Chinese Grand Prix until 2004, the government have been trying to host a race since the early 90s. They had originally planned for the race to take place at a facility in the city of Zhuhai in the Guangdong Province in the south of the country. Although the circuit was built and achieved a place on the calendar for 1999, the circuit was later found not to meet FIA standards and the race was axed.

In 2002 the management of the Shanghai International Circuit announced that it had signed a seven-year deal with Formula One Management to host the Chinese Grand Prix from 2004 to 2011.

The inaugural race in 2004 was won by Ferrari's Rubens Barrichello, who went on to finish second in the drivers' championship behind team-mate Michael Schumacher. The following year the circuit hosted the final round of the season and the race was won by recently-crowned champion Fernando Alonso, his first victory in seven races. 2006 saw Michael Schumacher's final victory before retiring from the sport at the end of the year.

To date no one has won the Chinese Grand Prix more than once.

Winners up to date

2009: S. Vettel (Red Bull)
2008: L. Hamilton (McLaren)
2007: K. Raikkonen (Ferrari)
2006: M. Schumacher (Ferrari)
2005: F. Alonso (Renault)
2004: R. Barrichello (Ferrari)

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2010 09:06PM by raulongo.
You winners list is wrong. It should be:

Winners up to date

2009: S. Vettel (Red Bull)
2008: L. Hamilton (McLaren)
2007: K. Raikkonen (Ferrari)
2006: M. Schumacher (Ferrari)
2005: F. Alonso (Renault)
2004: R. Barrichello (Ferrari)
Re: 2010 Formula 1™ Chinese GP THREAD **SPOILERS**
Date: April 13, 2010 09:06PM
Posted by: raulongo
I copied it from a very well known F1 Site... lol at them, hahah.

Thanks Joe ;-)

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: April 14, 2010 09:56PM
Posted by: ATL11
Looking @ the planned weather for Sunday, it's saying 15 with Heavy Rain, I'm assuming BE has been doing a few of those rain dances?

Bernies's Chinese Weather

Andy
booooooooooooooy, i watched an old f1 race and...... man schumacher was really overdriving the car, to 300 % maybe.
actually i watched the wet 1998 silverstone. hopefully schuey will be able to drive the hell out of that mercedes in the sunday's wet race :)
no doubt he ll be back after saturday, but the rain always bring the best from schuey :)
Cheers
Date: April 15, 2010 01:04AM
Posted by: Slash
First 1-2 from mclaren??, is a high speed circuit, as Malaysia i should suit them very nice

hoping for a clean race from Schumacher
Date: April 15, 2010 02:15AM
Posted by: Frantic
Kubica its going to be in the podium

I watched the vid of Alguersuari in the sim...thought it would improve my spanish lol :)

I reckon a Red Bull will win again...they will have the pace.
Date: April 15, 2010 06:22PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
all this talk of mclaren f duct but lewis couldnt get sutil in the last race - hes too fast down the straight or something.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: April 15, 2010 07:13PM
Posted by: davidm
I think this is right. The duct is offset by the turbulent air. What it may do is give them opportunities to increase their downforce levels. Maybe helpful this weekend in the high speed corners.
Date: April 15, 2010 10:57PM
Posted by: chet
Mclaren ran more towards a wet setup I though, so dumped on the wing but suffered for straightline speed.

Aside from that the Mclaren is a dog in the slow stuff. Fact was Lewis just couldnt follow Sutil throught the final corner.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 15, 2010 11:38PM
Posted by: gav
The McLaren was still the fastest car on the straights. I think their problem is that the Force India is always quick in a straight line (so without looking I expect they were near the top of the speed traps, not too far behind the McLarens).
Date: April 16, 2010 03:28AM
Posted by: Frantic
yeh, FI was almost every race the top speed car in a straight. This year should be something similar

f***, cant believe both wheels just broke off buemis car! :O how scary would that be!

Holy mother of ****, that is insane!! If i was buemi, i'd i have crapped myself about 10 times over. Never seen anything like that in any type of car.

Edit: Safety renewal needed in F1 immediately, both front tires went over the fences.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2010 05:21AM by y2cwr2005.
Date: April 16, 2010 05:21AM
Drivers Worst Nightmare for Buemi........ :(

how the hell did that happened?
Date: April 16, 2010 06:55AM
AUTOSPORT

Upright failure caused Buemi's crash

By Jonathan Noble Friday, April 16th 2010, 04:34 GMT

Sebastien Buemi's spectacular accident in practice for the Chinese Grand Prix was caused by the failure of the front right upright.

Both wheels flew off Buemi's car under braking for Turn 14 near the end of first practice in Shanghai - pitching him into the barriers.

An investigation by the team has concluded that the incident was caused by a front right upright failure - which was a new design introduced for this weekend's race. Exactly what went wrong to cause the malfunction has not yet been established, however.

Once the right upright failed, then the load on the left hand side one was too great for it to handle which is why it failed at the same time.

The team also concluded that the wheel tethers did not work, with the tyres being pitched over the spectactor fences, because the tethers are attached to the part of the uprights that broke off.

Toro Rosso will fit uprights from a previously used proven design to both its car from second practice in Shanghai.

very very dangerous, somene on the grandstands could've been killed.... i hope FIA does something about this... tethers attached to teh chassis or something
that was possibly the most extreme thing i have seen since senna in 94 .

toro rosso have some serious explaining to do to fia safety i would imagine

and ye i agree with slash, if this was during race day those wheels could of taken out any number of spectators & marshals, plus one of them apparently went right above the camermans head :/

not good

although at least it made getting up at 2:55 am to watch practice worthwhile :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2010 07:43AM by ipswich2007.
that was an extraordinary occurence!

Luckily no-one was hurt, but I don't know how much can be done for these sort of extreme one in a million accidents.

Also, Alonso's had another engine failure it seems. Not good for him, he's had two failures already, and a third which must be high usage. It could be trouble for him later in the season, especially if he's in a tight championship battle.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2010 08:33AM by SchueyFan.
Slash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> very very dangerous, somene on the grandstands
> could've been killed.... i hope FIA does something
> about this... tethers attached to teh chassis or
> something

Remember, thanks to Bernie there aren't any spectators in the grandstands.......
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy