The Official 2010 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by EC83 
Live telemetry and radio transcripts on the McLaren website

[mclaren.com]

X (@ed24f1)
Who's this schumacher geezer out on track? I hear he's quite good.

me too
y2cwr2005 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who's this schumacher geezer out on track? I hear
> he's quite good.

Isn't his name Ralf?
Ralfael or something like that, these new kids always confuse me.

webber having a peak at mclaren knee operated vent (H)

Since SchueyFans stream has been taken down already, here's possibly a new one (currently it streams the GP2): www [dot] p2pstation [dot] net

It's not that good though, it lags a lot, which is very annoying, but it's better than nothing...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2010 10:29AM by Nickv.
doh totally forgot about gp2 lol

miffy Wrote:
> webber having a peak at mclaren knee operated vent
> (H)
>
> [i255.photobucket.com]
> 8/web.jpg

What i love is how much Lewis and Jenson don't care. Whitmarsh has already jokingly suggested that it's really for 'driver cooling' ;)

senninho Wrote:
> miffy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > webber having a peak at mclaren knee operated
> vent
> > (H)
> >
> >
> [i255.photobucket.com]
>
> > 8/web.jpg
>
> What i love is how much Lewis and Jenson don't
> care. Whitmarsh has already jokingly suggested
> that it's really for 'driver cooling' ;)

i'd heard the controversy around it but i didn't realize until today exactly how it worked.

if i had a hat on i'd be dipping it and then applauding.

that is some serious thinking that has gone into producing that.

i completely see where bob bell is coming from in the whole 'not in the spirit' argument,
but i have to say, i'm actually rather glad its been declared legal.

talk about designing to the absolute letter of the regulations.

thats brilliant! :-)
Live stream, good quality but commentary is not that good :-)

Bahrain 2010 Free Practise 2
Bigbrother Wrote:
> Live stream, good quality but commentary is not
> that good :-)
>
> Bahrain 2010 Free Practise 2

edit:

ignore, thought you were talking about the bbc stream ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2010 12:52PM by marwood82.
Thanks for the live stream, it's great to see the coverage, even if the channel in general reminds me of Eurotrash! ;)

I can't say I like the new graphics. The tilt is nice when you should the info of one driver, but when the standings are shown it looks horrible and is harder to read.
Who'd have thought the new teams would be this far down? Suppose a lot of it is fuel loads but I never thought i'd see 6-12 seconds off o_O

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2010 01:15PM by elemental.
Certainly reminds you how difficult it was for those cowboy teams with their pay drivers in the early 90s.

HRT did as was expected (you really can't judge their times yet... it's the first time the car has ran), but Virgin are still doing only a handful of laps and Lotus probably look the best of the 3 so far.
There has been a lot of talk about reintroducing the 107% rule again, which would scupper most of the new team's chances of actually racing this year, but with speeds that remind me of the old Forti cars, even if they see the end of the race they're running the risk of not even being classified.
Personally I think Virgin and Lotus are just very slow, but I do believe they have the ability to eventually close in on the other teams, but in the meantime I hate to say it but the HRT looked bloody awful to drive, and despite the BBC team's assurances that being that slow won't actually be "dangerous" to other drivers, if Kobayashi decides diving off the actual track is the best way to overtake Senna then who knows what Q1 on Saturday will be like. :\
Think the Virgin is inherently faster but not very easy to drive.

Sucks to be Senna or Chandhok though. That car makes the Lotus look great, which just baffles me.
this will be a interesting weekend.

The three new teams will be rolling chicanes, but hey, give them a bit more time (and races). Maybe they can reduce the huge gap.

The new section on the circuit isn't good - it's bad. They should return next year to the old layout. Or better, kick this event from the calendar and give it Portimao. This track isn't maybe a typical "overtaking" track like Spa, but you have more spectators and you've got also some up and down sections.
With the current times as the benchmark, the 107% rule would put the cut off at a lap time of 2.03.488.

At this point in time, both Lotus and Virgin are already safely within that limit, with all four cars.

I remember several races within the last decade where established teams did not reach the 107% requirement. So let's not make it any worse than it is.

HRT looks @#$%&, granted, but the other two teams are not really far off from what has traditionally been present in F1.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2010 02:34PM by Morbid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy