The Official 2010 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by EC83 
FIA will investigate McLaren's rear wing, apparently Ferrari think it's illegal and gives McLaren massive boost for straight line speed (+10km/h).
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> 2009 was a nice change, but it will be great to
> have the best drivers in the best cars again.

Agree, it was sad to see Hamilton at the very end of the grid until mid season, Alonso struggling with the PanzerR29 and Kimi nowhere while Rubens (full respect to him anyway, please...) and Button were doing 1-2's almost with no effort...
Track is longer this year, but I´m not sure if new sections are able to improve the show. Indeed, as far as I can simulate, new corners and straights are slow or not as longer as it could be, so there was no aim at all for such a bad revamping.

Anyway it´s perfect for low pressure compomise packages, and red bull and mclaren seems to be the best package to money bet, since last abu-dhabi by the way.

Anyhow, Ed Schueyfan told me he watched V8 Supercars last weekend and there are brand new paintings for banks mapping, but I can´t find any good picture about track preparations here. Any of you?

btw, don't forget Mercedes is going for their 5th consecutive win in F1, after Fangio won at Spa and Zandvoort, Moss won at Aintree and Fangio finished the season with a win at Monza.

X (@ed24f1)
Good point! How appropriate it would be for Michael's comeback too!

And Chet, that sounds awesome! Would you be able to post some pics afterwards too?

Nickv Wrote:
> 0.6 tenths = 0.06 secs :P

My maths sucks :p
Also, anyone know when the F1 2010 guide comes out in the guardian?
I always used to collect them every year mate. Trust me, it'll be crap ;) they're just the same crap, rehashed to fit the new bill every year. Pretend to be quirky but they don't even actually know that much about F1 when it comes down to it lol.

Saying that, I'll probably still end up getting it...

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
I got it last year. It said that Brawn would be lucky to be in the midfield IIRC.
It did stefan, haha. I bought it just to see how it ranked everyones chances. At the time of publishing, it said some very, very ironic things, and the odds were amusing.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2010 01:42AM by raulongo.
Nurburgring 2002 on right now

[www.justin.tv]~

1080p Full HD

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Great simulations Raulongo, thanks for posting them! Seems like the new section will make the track come across as a lot twistier than the previous layout was.

And Monza, cheers for posting that link dude, it's fantastic! They're showing the 1984 Portuguese GP just now. W00t!

Chet, you are very lucky to be there! Not only because its the start of the 2010 season, but because of the collection of world champions and championship cars.

For those who don't know about it, all but two of the living world champions are confirmed to be there (the exceptions are Raikkonen and Piquet, who haven't decided yet), and they are also bringing out 20 world championship cars.
[www.bahraingp.com]

Please get as many photos as you can, particularly of these great demonstrations!

X (@ed24f1)
SchueyFan Wrote:
> Chet, you are very lucky to be there! Not only
> because its the start of the 2010 season, but
> because of the collection of world champions and
> championship cars.
>
> For those who don't know about it, all but two of
> the living world champions are confirmed to be
> there (the exceptions are Raikkonen and Piquet,
> who haven't decided yet), and they are also
> bringing out 20 world championship cars.
> [www.bahraingp.com]
> e
>
>
> Please get as many photos as you can, particularly
> of these great demonstrations!

raikkonen will be replaced from massa,because massa won the wdc in 2008 for some seconds;)

My GPGSL Career
And if Piquet isn't there I doubt people will care much ;)

The Guardian F1 guide is in todays paper if anyone wants it.

Ill do my best to get pictures of the cars still, but the moment they move, I aint got a chance :p

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
I think its stupid of the FIA to do that, if they find it illegal Mclaren will have to change it there and then.

From everything I have read Ferrari have said if its passed as legal they will not take it further, rbr are the team that pushed for it to be looked at.

Mclaren recon its legal and the FIA have been informed all the way along, so will be interesting to see what happens.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy